Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Who can help me decide?? Mom and 13 y.o. son. We went to Disney last Spring Break on a random, spontaneous trip; stayed at POP. So busy, so hot, but had so much fun, that we decided to return! I am booked right now for AS Music. Our plan is to hit parks hard all day long! So maybe we won't be in the room that much. Skyliner will be down most of our trip.
Now, I'm wondering if we should make the change to something "nicer" - like Coronado! I can get it for about $150 more for my 5 night stay. But I would have to apply and get the card, cancel and rebook, etc. etc. etc.
Am I really adding anything by moving here, for a teen and mom? I really think we are going to be in the room from 9 pm to 7 am and that's it. We will not have a resort day or rest day.

I've never stayed at any of the AS but I (a late 30's solo visitor) LOVED Coronado when I went earlier this year. I liked that there were several restaurants and bars for me to visit since I was solo and the AS resorts seem to me like the pool areas would be overrun with kids. HOWEVER, the next time I go (again, solo) I'm probably going to look into POP or an AS. Except for my first day where I didn't do parks and hit the pool, Three Bridges, and Dahlia Lounge, I was in the parks from rope drop to last call.

I can see the $150 upgrade being well worth it but I'm also someone who would prefer to either save that money or spend it on a nicer meal. It's ultimately up to you - if you don't think you'll use the resort amentities enough to justify the extra money then just stay at AS Music. Coronado is clearly the much nicer of the two but they're both Disney properties and I assume the service and cleanliness will be the same. I'd vote save your money.

At only $150 to upgrade for the week you really can't pass that up.

There have been times I've stayed at a particular resort simply because I found a deal I thought I'd never find again.

Who can help me decide?? Mom and 13 y.o. son. We went to Disney last Spring Break on a random, spontaneous trip; stayed at POP. So busy, so hot, but had so much fun, that we decided to return! I am booked right now for AS Music. Our plan is to hit parks hard all day long! So maybe we won't be in the room that much. Skyliner will be down most of our trip.
Now, I'm wondering if we should make the change to something "nicer" - like Coronado! I can get it for about $150 more for my 5 night stay. But I would have to apply and get the card, cancel and rebook, etc. etc. etc.
Am I really adding anything by moving here, for a teen and mom? I really think we are going to be in the room from 9 pm to 7 am and that's it. We will not have a resort day or rest day.
Normally I say upgrade but since you will barely be in the room all week I say pass. Use the $150 on something cool in the park!

Thanks for the quick replies. I am a horrible decision maker. It's that whole marketing of a "sale" that makes me feel like I should jump on any price, even if is not really what I wanted to spend! I'm going to chew on it for a while. If my husband was coming along, I'd take that Coronado in a heartbeat. But with a goofy mom and a silly 13 year old boy who wants to ride and ride, I think we may be just fine at ASMu and like you said - save that money for some in park fun!

Thanks for the quick replies. I am a horrible decision maker. It's that whole marketing of a "sale" that makes me feel like I should jump on any price, even if is not really what I wanted to spend! I'm going to chew on it for a while. If my husband was coming along, I'd take that Coronado in a heartbeat. But with a goofy mom and a silly 13 year old boy who wants to ride and ride, I think we may be just fine at ASMu and like you said - save that money for some in park fun!
Save the money, the rooms at Coronado aren’t significantly nicer than the ASMu rooms, and the resort amenities don’t matter if you’re only sleeping there. But keep checking for deals at ASMu, the sale inventory is changing all the time.

Thanks! I actually booked the resort and tickets through Undercover Tourist and the prices are still a bit better than the Disney sale, at the moment, but i'll keep checking!
That's my thinking too - more in park money to spend!

For the Gran Destino deluxe suites, it looks like the lakeside rooms are L-shaped, whereas the porte cochere side rooms are shaped like home plate. Any thoughts on the difference? Just the room layout, not the view. Thanks!

Are there TVs at Three Bridges and do they show sporting events?

We land Thursday evening during a World Series game since it’s been pushed back a day. We planned to stop in and eat here after landing but would also like to watch the end of the game.

Are there TVs at Three Bridges and do they show sporting events?

We land Thursday evening during a World Series game since it’s been pushed back a day. We planned to stop in and eat here after landing but would also like to watch the end of the game.

Go to Rix Sports bar by the food court. Good food. Lots of TV's and they will have the game on.

I could have sworn when we stayed in the Gran Destiny tower on our December 2020 trip, that when we did the online check in set up on the MDE app or my laptop, that it gave us the ability to choose high floor and not near elevators. This time there are basically no drop down options when you try to modify check in items, did they remove all those drop down options?

I could have sworn when we stayed in the Gran Destiny tower on our December 2020 trip, that when we did the online check in set up on the MDE app or my laptop, that it gave us the ability to choose high floor and not near elevators. This time there are basically no drop down options when you try to modify check in items, did they remove all those drop down options?
Idk about before. Right now only option I see is near elevator.

I’m just going to chat then in the app and have them add a room request.

Idk about before. Right now only option I see is near elevator.

I’m just going to chat then in the app and have them add a room request.
Exactly, that is what I was seeing also. I just wanted to be sure it was not me. It won’t even let you type in a request, it only has that one option about being near the elevator. 😒
I agree, if I don’t get a high floor this trip, I will use the chat feature. We had the 10th floor last time and loved it. And it was far away from the elevator, so very quiet. 👍

Looking to book a trip there for august but the preferred rooms are just out of my budget. What room/building would you most recommend for someone looking to stay in a standard room but that’s close to the main lobby?

Looking to book a trip there for august but the preferred rooms are just out of my budget. What room/building would you most recommend for someone looking to stay in a standard room but that’s close to the main lobby?
Casitas are 5-10 minutes’ walk, depending on how fast you choose to walk, and the bus stop is the first stop for the parks. I’m staying in Casitas building 5 now and it’s very nice.

Here's a reason to consider it: the busses at Coronado tend not to get as crowded as the budget resorts. A lot of the guests there wont even go to the parks as many are strictly there for business. If you're trying to get to the parks on time for rope drop you're never going to find yourself waiting for the next bus, especially if you're staying in Casitas. I also think you and your mom might appreciate an evening at 3 Bridges or Dahlia after visiting the parks, and I'm thinking your 13 year might like the dig site pool, which tends to have more teens than young kids.

Casitas are 5-10 minutes’ walk, depending on how fast you choose to walk, and the bus stop is the first stop for the parks. I’m staying in Casitas building 5 now and it’s very nice.
Aren’t the casitas only the preferred rooms or do they have non preferred as well? The difference between the preferred and not was over $900 for my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter