Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have friends that just spent four nights at CSR. They liked it overall but thought it was hard to get around...too much walking. I tried explaining how to get around, then just gave up. They wanted to know how to get from their room, in Ranchos, to the DME/RAC area. I told them to call Luggage Assistence when they needed them. Then someone would come give them a hand. They asked me if they should stop and make arrangements the night before. I said sure, but to still call the next morning. Well....evidently they felt they knew better, and didn't call that morning. And, no one came. They got tired of waiting, and rather than make a call, they trudged all the way, with their bags. And then? Proceeded to moan and groan about how awful the resort was. Seems they complained all the way home, to my dh. I stayed at WDW for another few days.
So, question. Was there any reason to expect Luggage Assistence to show up that morning, without making s same day call? I left CBR yesterday, called Luggage Assistence to get help getting to dme, they were there, with a van, in 15 mins! I have to assume CSR is the same.
We checked out this past Dec.18 and used luggage assistance. They were awesome!

The morning of our check out day I woke up and realized that it would be quite a chore to drag all our suitcases from Ranchos to the DME pick-up area. Called luggage assistance and they were there in 15 minutes. Easy/Peasy!

Last edited:
In fact, because I love Coronado to no end and always bring everything I'm allowed to bring home from the resort, here's a photo of the luggage assistance blurb from the resort's welcome packet that clearly says all you have to do is press the Front Desk/Luggage button on your phone for help, 24 hours a day.

IMG_4343.JPG

That's what I thought! Thanks. Didn't think I was wrong. Guess they just figured they knew better.

None at all. You only get luggage assistance at CSR if you specifically request it. Otherwise, even arriving, you're expected to roll your luggage on your own.

It looks like the poster's friends may have asked for assistance the night before instead of calling that morning. Can you set them up before hand or does it have to be a same day call?

It looks like the poster's friends may have asked for assistance the night before instead of calling that morning. Can you set them up before hand or does it have to be a same day call?

I don't know about CSR as we've never stayed, but I always arrange our Bell Services pick up at CBR the night before. They've never not shown up in 11 trips.

EDITED

As per @dansdad, maybe you can schedule that in advance at Coronado too. But I certainly would not refuse to make a confirmation call the next morning when I realize no one is showing up, either.

Will they have some available to help with luggage if we are arriving really late? Our flight lands at 11:35pm.
We normally drive and always arrive during "normal" hours. This is a kid-free trip so we splurged on a flight! A lot cheaper for 2 to fly than 5 of us!

Will they have some available to help with luggage if we are arriving really late? Our flight lands at 11:35pm.
We normally drive and always arrive during "normal" hours. This is a kid-free trip so we splurged on a flight! A lot cheaper for 2 to fly than 5 of us!

We arrived late before, and one of the workers offered to take us with our luggage in a golf cart.

We were just at Coronado last month and arranged luggage pickup the day before we were leaving. We did not call that morning to confirm pick up. Same thing at CBR, arranged the day before and they just showed up the next day.

Last edited:
We were just at Coronado last month and arranged luggage pickup the day before we were leaving. We did not call that morning to confirm pick up. Same thing at CBR, arranged the day before and they just showed up the next day.
It seems that several have done this the night before with good results. I have to wonder what happened in my friend's situation. Perhaps they didn't speak to the correct people...who knows. They are generally pretty clueless!

It seems that several have done this the night before with good results. I have to wonder what happened in my friend's situation. Perhaps they didn't speak to the correct people...who knows. They are generally pretty clueless!

Maybe they didn't follow the directions in the welcome packet? Did they go to the front desk to make the request? Did they use the button on the room phone? I'm curious to know.

I believe they said they were going to go to the 'concierge desk'. I told them I wasn't familier with the process and said I would still call Luggage/Valet in the morning.

I believe they said they were going to go to the 'concierge desk'. I told them I wasn't familier with the process and said I would still call Luggage/Valet in the morning.

The concierge desk is just what Coronado calls the queue at the front desk that isn't dedicated to checking in or checking out. Basically, the line you stand in when you need your folio printed out, etc. I've never had an issue with Coronado's front desk CMs, but if that's what they did then they didn't follow directions to call luggage services directly from their room phone. It's possible that the request made by the front desk CM on your friend's behalf to luggage services was lost in the shuffle because it didn't come in through the "normal" channel. My suspicion is that your friend, not being familiar with Walt Disney World, assumed that calling the front desk and visiting the front desk are the same thing at Disney World. You and I both know that's not the case. Had they called as you told them to do, they would have gotten whatever back office call center CM is really responsible for scheduling luggage assistance requests. At any rate what can you do? There's nothing more annoying than Disney newbies (on either coast) who decide they know better than the regulars, and then get annoyed when things head south because they didn't listen to what the regulars told them.
:confused3

Last edited:
Any speculation on how the refurb might affect free dining at CSR this year? I know free dining has become difficult to predict but we are crossing our fingers for it in late August. Our first choice was CSR, but between the brand new rooms and the fact that some rooms will be out of inventory, would anyone expect CSR to be exempt from the promotion like POFQ typically is?

Any speculation on how the refurb might affect free dining at CSR this year? I know free dining has become difficult to predict but we are crossing our fingers for it in late August. Our first choice was CSR, but between the brand new rooms and the fact that some rooms will be out of inventory, would anyone expect CSR to be exempt from the promotion like POFQ typically is?

Assuming FD is offered like years past I guess it will be the same % of rooms as usual. Just less rooms because you will have 2 buildings out of circulation. 9B + whatever buildings they are working on. Some people will avoid CSR because of the rehab so they will likely still need to include it in promos to fill it.

I'm not in the know, just my opinion.

The concierge desk is just what Coronado calls the queue at the front desk that isn't dedicated to checking in or checking out. Basically, the line you stand in when you need your folio printed out, etc. I've never had an issue with Coronado's front desk CMs, but if that's what they did then they didn't follow directions to call luggage services directly from their room phone.

Yep I bet that's exactly what happened. People ask if something is possible then think it's the same as setting an appointment.

Honestly with their current promotion for the summer I wonder if there will be 'Free Dining'.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/room-dine-delight-package/

They offered this last summer as well. This isn't an outstanding deal or anything like that, but discounts for values tend to max out at 15% and may not apply to weekends. If you have 2 adults and 2 kids in a value room, or 3 kids in a suite, you might benefit more from this than a room discount. It just depends on a lot of things.

The concierge desk is just what Coronado calls the queue at the front desk that isn't dedicated to checking in or checking out. Basically, the line you stand in when you need your folio printed out, etc. I've never had an issue with Coronado's front desk CMs, but if that's what they did then they didn't follow directions to call luggage services directly from their room phone. It's possible that the request made by the front desk CM on your friend's behalf to luggage services was lost in the shuffle because it didn't come in through the "normal" channel. My suspicion is that your friend, not being familiar with Walt Disney World, assumed that calling the front desk and visiting the front desk are the same thing at Disney World. You and I both know that's not the case. Have they called as you told them to do, they would have gotten whatever back office call center CM is really responsible for scheduling luggage assistance requests. At any rate what can you do? There's nothing more annoying than Disney newbies (on either coast) who decide they know better than the regulars, and then get annoyed when things head south because they didn't listen to what the regulars told them.
:confused3

Bell Services handles the luggage services so you can also stop by their window to schedule your pick up. That's what we did because we happened to already be in El Centro. She had a schedule there and wrote in it our room # and pick up time. They probably did go to concierge.

Bell Services handles the luggage services so you can also stop by their window to schedule your pick up. That's what we did because we happened to already be in El Centro. She had a schedule there and wrote in it our room # and pick up time. They probably did go to concierge.

Oh, right right right right right! That's where they should have gone. In the fountain atrium right next to the lobby! Which they would have had to walk right by on their way to the concierge desk. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter