Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So after our stay last week at CR Atrium club level - standard view, I have a couple of observations, my wife and I were just talking about it: We really like all of the conveniences of CR - walking distance to MK, amenities all enclosed in one building (which is helpful when it is 100 degrees out), the Atrium Lounge and Cast members were great. But, to me the room seemed very sterile, bright whites, the lighting way too bright. This was part of a split stay, we were at Kidani Village (non club level) earlier in the week where I just felt more relaxed. There, I liked the colors, tones, and the lighting was more subdued. I also liked that we felt more away from people, contrast to the CR where you can immediately hear and see people when room door is opened.

The bathrooms in the CR are a huge improvement, but I have to say that the functionality of the bathrooms at Riviera is a bit better. We stayed there last year with my adult son, so that's three adults. There was a tub/shower and sink in one area, commode and shower in the other area, all blocked off by pocket doors so each area could be isolated and accessed from the hall. Funny thing about the double pocket door at CR - my wife and I both jammed an elbow in there while trying to close it.

I think I must be more sensitive to light as I get older as I really notice the light levels in the various rooms we have stayed in. The renovated rooms at CR were very bright - I could not find a light to just have on for basic illumination, even the indirect lights above the beds and behind the TV were way to harsh.
I agree about the brightness of the rooms. They definitely need a total refurb/overhaul, but I did kind of like the darker brown tones they used to have. I wish they had done something more general post-modern dark woods, etc. like down in the lobby.

How good are the curtains at blocking the light at CR Atrium? We will have a 2 year old who goes to bed around 7-730, the sun should be going down around that time but I was just wondering if anyone had a little one who struggled.

How good are the curtains at blocking the light at CR Atrium? We will have a 2 year old who goes to bed around 7-730, the sun should be going down around that time but I was just wondering if anyone had a little one who struggled.
I think the curtains are pretty good for blocking light. They are pretty heavy. I would bring a clothespin or two (or a large hair clip) to keep them tightly shut in the middle.

Other thoughts on CR Atrium club: the food was very good - we ended up eating dinner there two of the three nights, even cancelling our reservation for California Grill.

We had a nice conversation with Susan, a CM at the Atrium. There was a group of executive/management people that came through and Susan told us the one was manager of the new Club Level lounge at the Grand California at Disneyland and she was touring all of the club lounges at WDW to get an idea of how they operated. Susan also told us that the Atrium used to be three hotel rooms that were converted to the lounge. Originally there was only the 14th floor lounge. She told us that when we asked why there was no bathroom.

Other thoughts on CR Atrium club: the food was very good - we ended up eating dinner there two of the three nights, even cancelling our reservation for California Grill.

We had a nice conversation with Susan, a CM at the Atrium. There was a group of executive/management people that came through and Susan told us the one was manager of the new Club Level lounge at the Grand California at Disneyland and she was touring all of the club lounges at WDW to get an idea of how they operated. Susan also told us that the Atrium used to be three hotel rooms that were converted to the lounge. Originally there was only the 14th floor lounge. She told us that when we asked why there was no bathroom.
Susan has been there for a long time! Yep it is fun to learn disney history!

just a little help from you guys; the last 4 or 5 trips to wdw before COVID including our last trip this past march, i wound up spending 1 to 3 days in bed due to neuro flareups including severe radiculopathy; i'm sure that if we hadn't canceled 5 trips during COVID the same would have happened on those trips; i think my pride is shot and it is time to go mobile; the days of pushing my daughter in her stroller at rope drop and getting to Splash among the first dozen or so is history(she is 30 now anyway lol) i know that there are dozens and dozens of scooter rental companies around wdw; we will mostly be staying at the BWI CL Deluxe or GF CL Deluxe or maybe even the YC CL(never did that one yet); Gold Mobility Scooters was highly recommended to me and was wondering if any of you have dealt with them; i will need one of their 4 wheel big boys as far as weight goes and they seem to have a pride victory 10 350lber, and a pride maxima that handles 500 lbs.; im just over 300 and dieting, but i might choose the larger one for extra comfort; so anyone have anything on that company? I think i will give it 1 last shot this Nov-Dec on foot but then in Jan-Feb at the BWI might be my initiation into the ECV club; Thanks fellow CLers;

Does CR CL have regular coffee put in the morning or only the nespresso pods, etc?

They have carafes of regular and decaf next to the Nespresso machine. They are rather small/nondescript and somewhat easy to miss… especially since people are always crowding (read, in the way?) around the Nespresso machine.

This might be a dumb question, but I can't, for the life of me, read the room floor layouts correctly. Lol

Do the Club level 2-bedroom villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge always have at least a king bed and two queen beds? There seem to be two different floor plans - one with a king/2 queens and one with a king and some random pull out couches and chairs.

I really want to make sure I have the king and 2 queen layout and am hoping I an just struggling with the pictures. :)

Thanks for any info you can provide!!

This might be a dumb question, but I can't, for the life of me, read the room floor layouts correctly. Lol

Do the Club level 2-bedroom villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge always have at least a king bed and two queen beds? There seem to be two different floor plans - one with a king/2 queens and one with a king and some random pull out couches and chairs.

I really want to make sure I have the king and 2 queen layout and am hoping I an just struggling with the pictures. :)

Are you asking about the hotel room or the DVC room?

We stayed in a dvc cl one bedroom that connected to a studio once. We have also stayed In a cl studio and that had a pull out and a queen bed. I think all of the villas there are made up of a one bedroom and a lock off studio. 6 total two bedrooms that can be booked that way or as studios and one bedrooms separately.

I don’t know about the suites if you mean those but if you’ve got a cl villa booked I believe you’ll have a pull out and a queen in the second bedroom.

Do you have any more pics of CL offerings?

Not from this trip. I take lots of pics when people aren't around but don't like to when it's busy or there are people around - never had the right timing this trip. Offerings were consistent with past trips and what's been reported, for the most part.

Did notice Atrium Club had a bottle of bubbly out on ice in the AMs. That was nice. 🥂🍾

Stupid question, non hotel related, lol. My friend is traveling to Disney tomorrow with her family. We are linked on mde as friends. For me to try and get her a virtual queue, would I only be able to make it for her? How would I be able to make it for her family? Do they all need to be linked (including kids without an mde account) or do I need her mde sign on? I was also hoping to practice LL on her family before my trip 🤣

We stayed in a dvc cl one bedroom that connected to a studio once. We have also stayed In a cl studio and that had a pull out and a queen bed. I think all of the villas there are made up of a one bedroom and a lock off studio. 6 total two bedrooms that can be booked that way or as studios and one bedrooms separately.

I don’t know about the suites if you mean those but if you’ve got a cl villa booked I believe you’ll have a pull out and a queen in the second bedroom.
Thank you for the info. I think it's crazy to pay that kind of money and not have a couple of real beds...but I really appreciate knowing before we make a decision!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter