Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I had fun booking for my friend this morning 😆 i get so excited when I get into a virtual queue lol. So I read on another thread that my Halloween party is sold out 🙄 it's the 2nd party and a Tuesday. 🤷‍♀️ the first one didn't sell out. Halloween is the only other day. Makes no sense to me. I feel like I'm doomed with Halloween parties. Last year was a rain out. At least I will be there.

I had fun booking for my friend this morning 😆 i get so excited when I get into a virtual queue lol. So I read on another thread that my Halloween party is sold out 🙄 it's the 2nd party and a Tuesday. 🤷‍♀️ the first one didn't sell out. Halloween is the only other day. Makes no sense to me. I feel like I'm doomed with Halloween parties. Last year was a rain out. At least I will be there.
Sometimes day of tickets available so keep an eye on things in case.

I have tickets, just not thrilled it's sold out. But I'm over it now lol. At least I will be there. My son that's going off to college is really excited for it.
Oh ok gotch ya.

We had done 2 a year 2018 and 19. I find seeing the headless horseman my #1 so I try to see it early from over where parade starts. Then when it’s over you can run for rides or Trick or Treat. Then we head for Sandersons and fireworks .

I think my fav is just getting there early and watching all the costumes! I just do 🎃 clothing but I enjoy that.

We have CR cl so we will probably go to MK early like 3 or 4 and get our treat bags and poster (new this year) . We can then go back and eat on the lounge around 5 or 6 and have some 🍷🥂. A quick walk back to enjoy the rest of the night.

Oh dd bringing a friend who’s 1st Disney trip so 1st MNSSHP too! Should be a fun night!

When he goes to school start planning your next Disney trip, it will help! We did Jan every year through college and have kept it up since. Prices are good and weather in NY sucks so I’m happy to go!

I’ve been going to several parties a year since 2014 throughout MNSSHP season, and I also used to spend a lot of time on the main MNSSHP thread each year. After watching the ebb and flow of opinions/commentary and attending a variety of sold out/not sold out parties over the years, my opinion is that places like message boards tend to create undue anxiety/fervor on the topic. The parties are popular and Disney sells A-LOT of tickets and whether it’s sold out or not is more a technicality than something to be afraid of. A good party plan and expectation management always trumps actual conditions, IMO. Outside of the weekday parties around a two week stretch after Labor Day where crowds legitimately do fall off a bit (at both WDW and MNSSHP), the rest are all variations of the same, IMHO. I may be oversimplifying things with that statement a bit, but that’s my long winded way of saying don’t worry about it too much.

The only thing I do feel somewhat strongly about is I don’t tend to like opening night parties. It’s like Disney forgets how to do a party each year and you always hear or see something operationally off (probably because of the influx of new CMs and managers year after year)… but by party #2 things are usually back on track.

Also I could never prove this and of course could be wrong, but my opinion is they move the goal line on “sold out” from time to time based on operations or whatever other factors they see fit, so there’s that too.

With your party my biggest consideration would be heat! :-)

Anyway - I’m not going until Sept so I’m a little jealous of the early party folks. MNSSHP is my hands down favorite WDW thing and I’m excited for it to be back.

Oh ok gotch ya.

We had done 2 a year 2018 and 19. I find seeing the headless horseman my #1 so I try to see it early from over where parade starts. Then when it’s over you can run for rides or Trick or Treat. Then we head for Sandersons and fireworks .

I think my fav is just getting there early and watching all the costumes! I just do 🎃 clothing but I enjoy that.

We have CR cl so we will probably go to MK early like 3 or 4 and get our treat bags and poster (new this year) . We can then go back and eat on the lounge around 5 or 6 and have some 🍷🥂. A quick walk back to enjoy the rest of the night.

Oh dd bringing a friend who’s 1st Disney trip so 1st MNSSHP too! Should be a fun night!

When he goes to school start planning your next Disney trip, it will help! We did Jan every year through college and have kept it up since. Prices are good and weather in NY sucks so I’m happy to go!
We did the same. Sometimes it was pretty chilly but I'd rather be chilly than boiling

Oh ok gotch ya.

We did the same. Sometimes it was pretty chilly but I'd rather be chilly than boiling.
Thanks for the party tips. I would love a January trip, something to look forward to. January is so dreaey and depressing. We've had some crazy heat in NY this past week! Brutal. Im actually excited to have a day together this trip with just him while the others golf.
I’ve been going to several parties a year since 2014 throughout MNSSHP season, and I also used to spend a lot of time on the main MNSSHP thread each year. After watching the ebb and flow of opinions/commentary and attending a variety of sold out/not sold out parties over the years, my opinion is that places like message boards tend to create undue anxiety/fervor on the topic. The parties are popular and Disney sells A-LOT of tickets and whether it’s sold out or not is more a technicality than something to be afraid of. A good party plan and expectation management always trumps actual conditions, IMO. Outside of the weekday parties around a two week stretch after Labor Day where crowds legitimately do fall off a bit (at both WDW and MNSSHP), the rest are all variations of the same, IMHO. I may be oversimplifying things with that statement a bit, but that’s my long winded way of saying don’t worry about it too much.

The only thing I do feel somewhat strongly about is I don’t tend to like opening night parties. It’s like Disney forgets how to do a party each year and you always hear or see something operationally off (probably because of the influx of new CMs and managers year after year)… but by party #2 things are usually back on track.

Also I could never prove this and of course could be wrong, but my opinion is they move the goal line on “sold out” from time to time based on operations or whatever other factors they see fit, so there’s that too.

With your party my biggest consideration would be heat! :-)

Anyway - I’m not going until Sept so I’m a little jealous of the early party folks. MNSSHP is my hands down favorite WDW thing and I’m excited for it to be back.
Yes, no costumes for us. Way too hot. Will just wear a Halloween t-shirt. Thanks for the reassurance. I have to stop letting things get in my head. I'm excited for it but have visions of wall to wall people😆🙄

I have wanted to try AKL CL for a while. Next week we will be doing a 2 night no-parks AKL stay to meet up with family friends. I snagged a savanna view Jambo room with the D+ discount. Now a club level room is available--the difference is $300 per night (!) It will be 2 adults + 2 kids. I'm not sure it's worth it since offerings have been downgraded since reopening. Without CL we'd go to Sanaa once, the pool bar, and Boma once. Thoughts?

I have wanted to try AKL CL for a while. Next week we will be doing a 2 night no-parks AKL stay to meet up with family friends. I snagged a savanna view Jambo room with the D+ discount. Now a club level room is available--the difference is $300 per night (!) It will be 2 adults + 2 kids. I'm not sure it's worth it since offerings have been downgraded since reopening. Without CL we'd go to Sanaa once, the pool bar, and Boma once. Thoughts?
The only thing downgraded is lunch service.
Breakfast and dinner's are the same as the were.
Would you be around to have breakfast and dinner in the lounge? Between that and if you drink alcohol I think you could save $300 for 4 people a day. If you wouldn't have those meals I the lounge then it's likely not worth it since you have both rooms with savanna view

What would the club level gurus do (WWCLGD)?

It's me again, the one who flies out from California more than is reasonable to go to WDW because I grew up in Florida and DL is not the same. I shape most trips around a weekend w/my sister and niece, so it often impacts hotel choice, dates, rides, etc. We're headed to MNSSHP in late August, on a Friday. SD and DN will arrive Friday. GF RPC, we all have the D+ discount. I'm flying out nonstop via Alaska on Thursday right now, but arriving at 4 pm - I have solo dinner res Thurs (deciding between Citricos and CG). I have been back and forth about switching to a Wed arrival on a different airline using miles (I can do Delta or United) - work in the morning, arrive late. The refund from Alaska (I have refundable tix - that's all I'll buy right now after being burned a few times) will pay for half of another room night and there are discounted rooms available, so that works out. Now I'm back and forth about saying the heck with it all and arriving early enough to do the Deluxe Hours on Wed night. I'd have to shift some things at work, though - not ideal because I'll be on vacation the week before, but that is far more MY guilt than anything else. I experienced major burnout at the start of this year - I work too hard - and am really trying to take more time for myself.

I just can't decide. I love having those extra days to myself, even though it's taken a bit to get used to rolling solo. Having the whole day to myself Thursday would be amazing, I can do all the rides my DS and DN won't do. Arriving for Deluxe Hours would be even better, and it makes it easier to justify that extra night. So here are my choices:

Fly early Wed to attend Deluxe Hrs, use miles, stay one extra night RPC with D+ discount if I can arrive early enough for apps (would cost me about $250 more)
Fly later Wed, miss Deluxe Hrs, use miles, stay one extra night, probably outer building with D+ discount (break even)
Fly Thurs, paid flight, minimal park time Thurs, Friday morning to myself.

The money isn't really much of an issue, TBH, I just feel guilty.

ETA: another idea would be to stay at a different resort Wed night - I can do CR CL and break even (save like $20). But I'd maybe want to move my own bag Thursday morning!

Last edited:
This. ☝️

More WDW and CL time is always the answer. :stir:

And less moving around allows for settling in and really enjoying yourself. IMHO.
I mean, I came to the enablers. I knew what the answer would be ;). Thanks, I think!
This. If work or money isn't an issue, this is a no brainer. You said you work too hard, you deserve and need this extra day to yourself. I wouldn't stay at CR and switch rooms. Just go to RPC and enjoy yourself.

This. If work or money isn't an issue, this is a no brainer. You said you work too hard, you deserve and need this extra day to yourself. I wouldn't stay at CR and switch rooms. Just go to RPC and enjoy yourself.
Ha, in the 10 min I was dithering over it, someone swiped the RPC room for Wed! If I have to move around anyways, I'll go to CR. Might as well save the money.

Thanks, you guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter