Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks for the detailed review. Is daily housekeeping across the board or just on the club level?

Disney online still indicates every other day limited housekeeping. So far only 1 report at RPC CL.

And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.

source:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Dave

Quick update...for all the Poly CL lovers out there...Irv is in RPC tonight!! I’m so happy to see him! Of course, he wants to return to Poly, but he doesn’t know what’s going to happen! Abdul and Francisco (typically in RPC) are still at AKL, but manager Zachary said we’re the second people to ask today so he said he’d look into it. Also, manager Zachary said he asked chef Tom about soup mid day in RPC and he said should hopefully return soon since AKL has soup at night so Covid excuse isn’t sufficient! I also asked about the orchestra, but they obviously don’t know what will happen next. I think I made it clear that certain things are necessary to justify the higher price even for long time loyal guests. Overall, we’re very happy with our short, last minute trip...got the room we wanted, spent the afternoon at the pool!

Disney online still indicates every other day limited housekeeping. So far only 1 report at RPC CL.

And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.

source:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Dave
Housekeeping came yesterday afternoon to make the bed but I declined. When I returned today, the bed was made, new towels and trash gone. So mine has been everyday. Leaving tomorrow 😢

Quick update...for all the Poly CL lovers out there...Irv is in RPC tonight!!

That is fantastic, amazing news - thanks for reporting! Of all the CL CMs, we have really missed seeing him the most in our post-reopening Disney travels. Sounds bad/weird to even say this, but I’m mainly just glad to hear he’s still with us!

Please tell him we say hello. Do you happen to know if he’s getting regular shifts at GF, or are they moving him around places?

And now I’m off to giggle a little bit at the thought of Irv working in RPC. :rotfl:

Quick update...for all the Poly CL lovers out there...Irv is in RPC tonight!! I’m so happy to see him! Of course, he wants to return to Poly, but he doesn’t know what’s going to happen! Abdul and Francisco (typically in RPC) are still at AKL, but manager Zachary said we’re the second people to ask today so he said he’d look into it. Also, manager Zachary said he asked chef Tom about soup mid day in RPC and he said should hopefully return soon since AKL has soup at night so Covid excuse isn’t sufficient! I also asked about the orchestra, but they obviously don’t know what will happen next. I think I made it clear that certain things are necessary to justify the higher price even for long time loyal guests. Overall, we’re very happy with our short, last minute trip...got the room we wanted, spent the afternoon at the pool!
Irv🥰

That is fantastic, amazing news - thanks for reporting! Of all the CL CMs, we have really missed seeing him the most in our post-reopening Disney travels. Sounds bad/weird to even say this, but I’m mainly just glad to hear he’s still with us!

Please tell him we say hello. Do you happen to know if he’s getting regular shifts at GF, or are they moving him around places?

And now I’m off to giggle a little bit at the thought of Irv working in RPC. :rotfl:
I hope he’s there 9/29 so I can see him!

I think I made it clear that certain things are necessary to justify the higher price even for long time loyal guests.
You go girl!! Thank you for expressing your candid feedback to management!!
And boy do we love Irv from all our Poly stays! My favorite story of his is when he told us about his daily walks in his subdivision and how he has to jump out of the way to avoid being hit by all the “old people” driving golf carts!! Such an awesome CM and even better person!!

What dates are u looking for? When i click oct 1st theirs several club level rooms available. Even mid Oct there are dates available. Maybe its party size?
I did as you suggested and lo and behold rooms started being available. :banana: So I started with our original check-in date and stared moving the check-out date until everything disappeared again. Never thought that there would be an duration limiter in the algorithm. So I talked to the CM this morning and modified our plans so the bulk of our stay will be at the GF RPC. Then we will move to CR CL Atrium for a few nights. Both are now Theme Park view rooms 😅 and we actually saved a chunk of change as a bonus. Learn something new every day. So that challenge is complete. Next up is picking which parks to visit each day and planning ADR’s.

Thanks for the guidance.

When the piano is not being played (I'm not sure about Wes' identity), the GFR has the feel and "charm" of a commercial warehouse. The absence of the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra is obvious. Afternoon tea servive may return, but according to one of the managers it was "never that popular." Hmm. Alas, we always left the MK in order to experience "scone heaven."

Great Minds think alike! Appreciate the info and hearing your thoughts....VERY TRUE!

Irv told my DH that Disney had officially terminated him as of December 31st after being furloughed for all that time!! And then they just called him back out of the blue! He seems very happy to be back at Disney, and we were so happy to see him too because like you, we were a bit worried about him with Covid and everything. We assumed he had probably retired, but apparently he’s like the energizer bunny who just keeps going and going lol! I hope all of the CMs who have been displaced from their original Disney hotels will make it back soon because it seems that’s what they all want, and we want that too! Irv is supposed to be back here tonight, so I’ll ask if he knows how long he’ll be here.

I can’t remember if someone brought this up already or not, but there’s only one concierge desk CM on the third floor now. There is a second concierge CM with a tablet on the 4th floor now who walks around. It was like that at AKL when we were there a few weeks ago too, but we didn’t know what it was like before there so didn’t know this might’ve been a change over there. I’m wondering if this will be something new across all CLs now? I can’t remember how many desks were in those pictures at Poly that people have posted recently just peeking inside the Hawaii building??

We mentioned that in our post yesterday: one third-floor concierge desk at the RPC. The "Walking Concierge" was sometimes on the fourth floor and once on the fifth; other times he/she was nowhere to be seen. And on a few occasions, the iPads/tablets were not working. However, they were always as helpful as they could be.

For those of you that have stayed at the Boardwalk club level, I have learned that they will only have rooms behind the big door as club rooms now. They used to have some rooms outside the door designated as club rooms, but have decided to remove them. The lounge is not big enough to allow it. I am happy to see it happening. It got too crowded in the lounge when they added those rooms.

am happy to see it happening. It got too crowded in the lounge when they added those rooms.
That's how it was when the Inn Keepers Club opened. Cl was only behind the main doors and should have stayed limited. When they add those extra 14 rooms it really added to the traffic in the small lounge space.

ETA: Still learning to spell.

Dave

Last edited:
We booked a Club level at GDT for next year. Does anyone have any experience with GDT club level?

I’m a fan. I think they did a really nice job with the lounge/the overall layout - it’s a beautiful space, pretty big, lots of seating options for a variety of group sizes. Pre-COVID they arguably had among the best beverage offerings of any CL - a really nice espesso machine, lots of variety of drinks in the fridge at all times (see PPs pics above), some interesting beers and wines (self-service!). I even had a CM offer to make me a mixed drink once - he said he just had to run upstairs to make it (I’m assuming this CM was just doing something a little extra, not something I’d go in expecting).

Food offerings were pretty consistent with other places - some services were good, some just average. Food generally followed the theme of the resort - a Spanish flare. Evening offerings felt a little on the light side (true light bites), but worked for me with such good dining options around the resort.

A real standout during our two stays were the CMs. A lot of engagement, a very service oriented vibe. Among the best in our CL travels, IMO.

I really like GDT as well - so combine it with CL and it felt like a nice overall setup (and value).

Of course that was all pre-COVID, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume things will be similar once it reopens.

Enjoy your GDT CL stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter