• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

In march at BC, the only thing available off hours was the glass water container. No soda, definitely no candy or freezer goodies. What CL were you at?
I think this perc is such an important part of CL, access to the lounge even after hours. I need to unwind after a park day, and this way I don't torture my family as I spend a little down time checking emails etc. It really didn't bother me that there were no drinks, candy, or ice cream available. It was just a nice place to chill.

There are 3 doors into the CL at BC. You have to go to the 3rd door as you round the corner to the room hallway . It is always open. We were told by staff that we could use the area after "hours" such as use the coffee machine (no frothy milk at that hour) and soda fridge, and there is a little glass front freezer tucked over by where the toast is in the AM under the counter with mini ice cream containers. This was also explained to another person arriving when I was waiting at the concierge desk this week.

We had no problems with anyone working there. All were very pleasant and chatted with a couple while there. Everything was clean and kept up. Housekeeping even called to ask if we wanted anything when we left the occupied sign up and let us know there would be a security check possibly. Left us chocolates at turn down.

We had a full balcony looking out at a front entrance with a large green court yard and the flag poles (we had a standard CL reservation) and a day bed as we asked for. Close to everything as well!

Food was good. Lots of variety at breakfast and dinner and little snacks in between. Kids loved it, especially the ice cream!
SAB was great as well but I can see how if you had little ones it could get exhausting trying to keep track in the deeper areas.

Loved the walk to Epcot!!!!

I'll try add some pictures after vacation.

We will be checking into CR Tower Club in 6 days!

We have not been contacted by DSS. At this point, is there any reason why I should email them? We don't have any specific requests, all our ADRs are made, etc. Is there anything I'm not thinking about in terms of touching base? Or should I just leave it and not bother?

We have not been contacted by DSS. At this point, is there any reason why I should email them? We don't have any specific requests, all our ADRs are made, etc. Is there anything I'm not thinking about in terms of touching base? Or should I just leave it and not bother?

No reason to, in my humble opinion.

You’re good with room requests, if any? They can add those if needed. Not that there are many rooms to request, depending on your room category, on the Tower Club floor.

PS: Love Tower Club.... jealous! And Tower Club for 7/4? Rock star status. :-)

We stay club level almost every trip. We have stayed at YC, BC, GF, BWI & CR. I think 3 times since Disney changed to DSS. I always make all my own arrangements. I haven’t spoken to anyone at DSS yet. Heck, I hardly ever filled out the forms that IPO used to send. I know some people say they like to make contact to “introduce” themselves. But I never understood why the need for that & never felt the need to do that. We have had great experiences every trip without ever talking to DSS. If you have any room requests you want to make, you could call them.

But otherwise, if there is nothing you need from them, I personally wouldn’t see any reason to contact them. It’s not like they give you any different treatment once you get there if they talked to you before hand.

We recently came back from a 12 night stay, with 4 nights at the YC CL, 4 nights at the BC CL, and 4 nights at the CR Atrium Club. I just finished my LONG review of our YC portion over on the YC thread, I'm going to see if I can copy and paste the portions that pertain to CL. I'm going to do the same for the BC and CR, I just haven't gotten to them yet, but I'll try to do the same with the CL related portions of those as well.

For an introduction, we stayed SV YC CL June 10-14. Our party is me, my DH, DS8, DS5 and twin DSs 15 months. That means we have to book SV CL, that is the only category that allows 5 + an infant in the room for some reason. We had stayed at the YC once before, in May 2016, that time we also booked SV CL but were upgraded to GV CL (this was pre-twins).

*We took the auto train down, didn't do online check in, and pulled up around 10:30 AM. We unloaded all of our stuff to bell services and then went to park the car and walked back to the front. When we got back a lady with an ipad was waiting, welcomed us by name, and took us up to the 5th floor to check in to club level. There was no one there waiting, we got checked in right away, and she got drinks for all 6 of us, including the welcome drink for me (which I had been told was discontinued when we had our last stay). This is the first time I've gotten an official welcome drink in many CL stays. They often offer drinks, but never before the elusive welcome drinks!
*our room was not ready (I wouldn't have expected it to be), they confirmed my cell phone to text when it was ready and we headed to Epcot
*we went to Epcot and then DHS, finishing around 6:00, and never got a text
*when we got back of course our room was ready, they didn't know why no text (that has happened before)
*we got room 5186, exactly what we booked. I had been hoping for a standard room with a rooftop view and sideways view of SAB, but since there look to be only 2 of those I wasn't surprised. However, it met my secondary requests - private balcony, bathtub, and close to lounge. It also had a daybed. It overlooked the front of the resort. Looking to the left from the balcony, the room 2 down from us would have been the last one with the shared large balcony that I didn't want.
*I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the renovated rooms. The raised beds were awesome, particularly since we didn't unpack like we typically do due to the split stay trip that was new to us. I left the suitcases packed and slid them under the bed, and just slid them out to get what we needed. There was also a ton of storage in the large, wooden storage unit/closet that they put in the entryway. A few shelves on the outside, shelves on the inside with the ironing board, and even shelves in the actual closet section. Plus shelves/cubbies under the sink, a shelf above the sink, and lots of counter space. I didn't think I would like the hard floor, but really it ended up being fine. it was dirty, though, my toddlers feet would get really dirty after walking in bare feet when they hadn't walked anywhere but in the room. The floor wasn't visibly dirty, just you could tell based on that. There was enough room for 2 pack and plays and to still get around the room without a problem.
* I loved the rain shower head, we never used the second one although with kids it would probably have been nice. I really missed that shower at the BC and the CR. I also liked the nice shelf built into the wall for shampoo, etc. I could take or leave the shower door vs shower curtains, giving kids baths I would prefer a curtain but otherwise I don't care.
*While I did like the room, I would prefer more "Disney touches" over the simply upscale feel they gave it. The constellations on the curtain were neat, but weren't nearly enough
*there were plenty of outlets and USB ports. I always bring a power strip because we have so many things that need charged, and I didn't need it at all and had empty spots where we could have charged more.
*I LOVED the sliding wood door that closed off the sink area, particularly with 2 toddlers but also just so someone could get ready in the morning first without bothering everyone else or so someone could get dressed privately. I also loved that the shower/toilet area also closed off with a sliding door, so the door didn't get in the way of everything.
*they always replenished the toiletries, and there was a nice selection. No sunscreen here, but solar relief gel, foot lotion, mouthwash, a vanity kit (that my DH made fun of when he was what was in it), plus the usual shampoo/conditioner/body wash/soap. Plus they left extra shampoo/conditioner when I asked. We do tip $10 a day as we go.
*our MBs didn't work at first. We have a TON of MBs on our account, but I have them all inactivated except for 3-5 each that we brought (except for the infants). We had a set decorated as the incredibles, a star wars set we purchased, a plain set for swimming, etc, and my older sons and I had some special ones we like (paw patrol, my HM D&B one, etc) Some randomly worked, the others they had trouble getting working (I can't remember the term they have to do to get them to work on the room, elevator, gait, etc, as opposed to tickets and charging, maybe pairing? I don't think that's it. But whatever it was, it wasn't taking for ours) The CM at the desk had to keep them for a little while, but she did figure it out and bring them to our room a little later the same day, and they were working then. However, a preview of other reviews, the same thing happened at each resort and some CMS were less helpful and friendly about it than others.
*we had turndown service every night, sometimes a little early but we had it, and they left chocolate. I really like getting fresh towels and having any dishes taken away, and I like the chocolate! They did come before we had showered from the pool once or twice during our stay, so that defeated the purpose of fresh towels since we hadn't used them yet.
*The club lounge is just ok. It's pretty small and tight, but despite that there were usually tables when we were there. It's a bit "proper" for our tastes, we prefer the casualness of the Poly lounge, for example. I also miss a focal point, such as the Poly view, or the ones that overlook the lobbies, or something. Because I had 2 toddlers it was harder, if I was there without my DH (while he went running) once I put their stroller beside the kids table and fed them breakfast from there, another time I used the 2 high chairs that they had and set up at a table. It was easier to just run in and grab something than eat there, but it is nice to utilize it sometimes.
*they always had infused water our by the elevator on the 5th floor, which was nice at night when we came back late. I really liked the basil and watermelon.
*one change from our last trip is that now the lounge is open between servings, which is great. It was nice to be able to get drinks at night, and my son loved the ice cream that we were told had only been there for 2 weeks that was always accessible.
*The desserts were fine, but they never changed so after 4 nights (8 if you count the BC stay and there wasn't much difference) it was getting rather monotonous. There is a larger selection than at some other lounges, but just no variety night to night.
*the afternoon snacks were ok. My kids loved the wrapped candy with little baggies to make your own mix, and we did eat the veggies and dip and tried the bread an hummus.
*I really liked the hot choice at breakfast, which was also new from our last stay. I particularly liked the crepes, but the bread pudding was also good. We also got very good use out of the hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, and fresh berries, our toddlers at their weight in all of that.
*I thought the appetizer options were very good, and I liked that they varied nightly. There was also a decent variety, with a plated option, something in a warmer, and a couple of salads, as well as a more kid appropriate choice and well as the veggies, cheese, PB&J. I thought the salads were really good.
* My DH and 2 toddlers are gluten free, and we were disappointed in how they handled that. It isn't that they wouldn't accommodate it, it's just that it took SO LONG! First they had to get a chef (which we are used to from stays everywhere at Disney). But the chef they got this time didn't know! So she had to go get some info and come back, then she was still kind of uncertain so my DH didn't really trust her, and then she said she could get something from the kitchen. So we did say yes to that, which was nice since we essentially got a dinner of chicken, veggies, and potatoes, but it took like 45 min. So while it was nice to get something to accommodate the GF, we didn't want to give up that kind of time, it defeated the purpose of stopping in the lounge for a quick snack, etc. I would say that night it took over an hour to get gluten free info and food for them. So typically my husband would just get a drink, or veggies, and the older kids and I would snack. It worked best at breakfast, since some things were obviously gluten free, and things that the younger 2 liked so breakfast was covered and we put enough in the fridge that they could have it for snacks and/or lunch when they were with a sitter.Also at breakfast they have GF bagels and an allergy toaster they keep in the back, which I knew from our previous stay, so one morning I did go through that process for the bagels.
*I liked the wine selection, with a sparkling and riesling, and they had more options than I remember typically (those are just the ones I liked best) They do serve it, but I never felt weird about it.
*The club level CMs were just ok. There was one young male CM who was extremely nice and helpful, he remembered us from the YC when we moved to the BC (he worked both) and then we had that connection so it was like a familiar face there. One time I was in the lounge in mid afternoon when it wasn't busy, and the CM working was chit chatting with a couple sitting at a table by the widows. I wanted a drink, so I stood a polite distance back and just hung out, obviously waiting but not intruding. She never said anything to me! Not a "I'll be right with you", not a nod, not a "just a second", and certainly not the "can I help you" that i was expecting after she reached a pause in her conversation. I finally went out and asked the CMs at the desk, who got me milk that I was looking for. I noticed this same CM chatting a lot with certain guests, I'm thinking maybe regulars?, but not with others. It seems like we weren't in the club or something. I kind of got that feeling at the YC more than other club levels.

Here was my summary from over on the YC/BC thread:
Overall, I like the YC and like the CL at the YC, but as a resort I prefer all 4 of the MK resorts to it both for the resort and for CL. This fits the bill for being able to walk to 2 parks, and the pool is amazing so I think those 2 reasons make it worth trying and staying at, but I just feel like I'm home when I'm at the MK resorts. The YC and the CL lounge are both a little prim and proper for me, and feel a bit stiff. Not so much that I don't feel like I should be there with kids, but enough that we're more at home at the Poly, GF, CR, or WL. I also like that those all feel more like a resort to me, with lots of outside areas, etc and here the outside area feels more like just a walkway to the BW, or parks. I don't know, I can't explain it, I enjoy our stays here and might stay here sometime again for the pool and walkability, but the MK area just feels more like Disney to me. I'll go more into the YC/BC comparison after I post a review on the BC and BC CL.

This part doesn't really pertain to just CL, but I'm disappointed that we have to book SV to get a room that sleeps 5. I really felt that the GV room that looked at the gazebo and sideways at Crescent Lake and the BW elevated the stay a lot over looking at the front entrance. I never used to think it was worth paying more for views, but as I've gotten older and stayed more places I've changed my mind. Obviously there is a point where we won't pay the difference, but I think a good view and a balcony really, really makes a stay better. It doesn't have to be the best view ever, but just a good view over not great one. Some resorts, like the CR and Poly, have very good views even from their standard view rooms (particularly CL at the Poly), so it's a little less important, but I feel like the SVs at the BC and YC are not that great, and the better views really make the stay more enjoyable for me.

I guess I ended up thinking a lot pertained to CL as well as the resort! Sorry, If you follow both threads you can skim this reply if you even read it! I'll go more into the YC/BC comparison after I post a review on the BC and BC CL.

@ninafeliz i enjoyed your review; Very thorough and informative! I stayed YC-CL mid-May and didn’t get a welcome drink! :rotfl:

DD (an adult, and a full-time CM!) and I found several of the CMs to be very wrapped up in certain guests, basically ignoring everyone else :confused3 Most, however, were helpful and friendly.

We were WAY down near the end of the hall (5228), but we didn’t mind the hike to the Lounge! We had a convention center roof view if we looked down from our balcony, but we had a perfect view of the MK fireworks from our balcony or our beds! (Of course, we didn’t discover that till our last night! LOL)

I just posted my review of the BC CL on the BC thread, I'll again copy and paste the portions that pertained to the room and club level. Since I didn't re-write thought on common areas, SAB, etc a lot of the info is the same here and on that thread, so apologies to those of you (again!) who follow both.

*We stayed SV Cl at the Beach Club June 14-18, transferring from the YC. We got up early on transfer day because we were heading to Legoland. We had bell services hold our luggage, checked out of the YC at the CL concierge desk, then walked over to the BC to check in. we did wait in a short line in the lobby since we couldn't get to the CL floor, then that CM took us up to the 5th floor when she saw we were staying CL. She did ask about drinks, but since it was like 8:30 in the AM and we had eaten a quick breakfast at the YC lounge, and we were in a hurry, we didn't take her up on this. I didn't ask about the welcome drink at 8:30 AM! The CM who checked us in was very friendly, and mentioned that the YC CL could have checked us in. Good to know for the future. Our room was not ready. We then headed to legoland.
*while sunscreening all 6 of us up in the legoland parking lot I got a call from that CM telling us that our room was ready! Soon after I got the text. Good news and great CS, but of course it didn't matter since we had daylong plans. Had we been sitting around waiting with sick or fussy children we would have gotten the room at 3 PM.
*we got back around 7 PM and went to our room, we got room 5670. Again exactly what we booked, and not the partial sideways view of SAB or the back resort entrance SV rooms I had requested and been hoping for. This time I was a little more disappointed, since there were a few more of these here than there were at the YC. But nothing to complain about, not everyone can get those rooms. Our room had a full (but somewhat smaller than the YC) balcony that had a solid railing half way up that faced the front of the resort. It was pretty close to the lounge, maybe 2/3 of the way down the first hall, past the back lounge entrance.
*my initial impression of the room was very "meh". Somehow it seemed a lot smaller and less luxurious than the YC room we had just left. I realized that there was no daybed and the far corner of the room was "missing" - I mean it was just walled off making the room odd shaped, for either ductwork or structure or something like that. I am wondering if that hadn't been there if the desk would have gone there and a daybed where the desk was. Because of that missing corner of the room there was a window with a single door to access the balcony, instead of the full wall of windows with a sliding door I am used to, and instead of curtains there were roman blinds. Something about this setup just didn't seem as nice to me at all. It felt more like a lower end room, and slightly more claustrophobic or something with the wall right beside the single balcony door, and a smaller window instead of a full wall window, and the blinds instead of curtains let a lot of light in. I thought that might be a problem for the 2 toddlers sleeping, but they got up at about the same time at all 3 resorts so it didn't really matter, I just prefer being able to block the light when we want to. As the 4 days went on I did get used to the room, but still think it is my least favorite deluxe disney room, possibly even over the smaller ones at AKL and WL. It's hard for me to explain why I didn't like this room, i really think it was the small window/door setup with the roman blinds, and the room being smaller with the corner being boxed off.
*I really missed the sliding door to the sink area, and the pocket door to the shower/toilet. The door just barely cleared the toilet, you had to squeeze in and shut the door behind you for it to fit, and then use the toilet. My DS8 noticed that right away. I also missed the shower head from the YC, there was nothing wrong with this one but that one was better.
*For some reason I cannot fathom this room had the makeup mirror mounted on the wall at probably a 6 ft level! I'm 5'3", and I couldn't use it at all even on my tip toes to try to see the sides of my hair. I just cannot figure out how that happened or what they were thinking??
*Storage was not nearly as good here at the YC, losing the under bed storage for suitcases that we didn't unpack was hard. We put one in the closet on the luggage rack, another kind of behind the balcony door, and the 3rd between the bed and the wall, and just kind of piled all of our duffle bags, kids backpacks, etc where we could. We made it work, but the room felt very cluttered. Had I wanted to unpack there would not have been nearly enough drawer space and there was just a traditional closet with hanging on both sides.
*the safe was a small wall safe, where if you put a laptop in it would have to balance upright and there was about enough room for a cell phone width wise laying on the bottom if it. Much smaller than at both the YC and CR.
*I know these rooms were renovated just before the YC ones, but IMHO they did a much better job over there. Not sure if they just got better ideas between renovations, or purposely wanted the rooms to be pretty different, or if it has anything to do with being a convention resort vs not, or what. I had even thought I would much prefer carpet, and actually when push comes to shove I do, but overall I much preferred the YC rooms with hard floors to theirs with carpet.
*again, our MBs weren't working on the room. oddly enough, all of one of my sons MBs did work, and no other ones did. I took them down to the CM at the desk, and she went to re-program them (I just cannot remember what they call this), and then realized we had more than 1 MB each. She then proceeded to pretty much lecture me that it is intended that each person only keep 1 MB, and that when you got a new one you were supposed to discontinue using any and all old ones. She likened it to getting a new CC because you misplaced one or got a new expiration date - once you got the new one the old one didn't work. I know this isn't true, and I know plenty of people have multiple MBs active. Disney sells limited edition and designer MBs, I can't imagine they would expect people to buy more than one of these if they had to stop using any old ones once they bought a new one. Of course I just couldn't just keep my mouth shut, so i mentioned this, and she held her ground and told me the idea was one per person. However, she did get all of the MBs working while I sat and waited. It probably took 30 min, but I felt pretty irritated after the encounter, like I had just been reprimanded.
*The club lounge was large, there was enough room that i didn't feel like I was causing a problem to push the double stroller in while the rest of us stopped for food or a drink. It was set up kind of odd to me, with a large food area, a smaller almost galley drink area, and 2 separate sitting areas. We always headed to the back one, by the back door that was always open, but most people seemed to prefer the other one right by the food. I liked that it had more room, but it just felt like a weird layout. I also didn't like how 2 of the doors flanked the CM desks. No real reason for this, I just kind of like to come and go without having to walk directly past them every time. However, since the back door was closer to our room anyway we just tended to use it.
*It was nice that the lounge was always open, and you could always access drinks. I think maybe now none of the lounges close between services? Before that was a big drawback to me to the Epcot resorts, so I'm very glad they changed it. I love being able to grab a diet coke if the lounge is closed, unless they've been cleared out already by other guests.
*The food offerings were essentially the same as at the YC. They didn't have the ice cream yet when we were there.
*On fathers day they had a bloody mary bar, which I thought was a nice touch. They had celery, cheese, and olives to garnish it with, and appropriate glasses. I had never actually tasted one, but had wanted to . I got one, and it was ok. Probably not something I would go out and get again, but not bad and I was glad to get to try one.
*they also did a thing on fathers day where they had a polaroid camera and a board with disney fathers on it, and fathers could take a picture with their kids and put it on the board. it was a nice touch, the kids liked it, and you got to keep the picture the next day.
*The lounge CMs were fine. Not spectacular, not bad. There was one young male that we recognized from the YC that was extremely nice, and he recognized us as well so it kind of made us feel more welcome.
*We didn't try to talk to anyone about eating GF here in the lounge. My DH is big into not having to get special treatment, or wait around for info, or essentially have to interact with the CMs and ask questions, so he just didn't want to bother and we happened to have a lot of plans these days so it wasn't as important. He ate what he knew he could eat, like hard boiled eggs and fruit and veggies, and he really isn't into desserts anyway.

So, my final thoughts - drum role please :P. Prior to staying at either of these resorts I would have thought I would like the BC better, but after staying at the YC twice and the BC once I much preferred the YC (both with the old and new room styles). While I tend to prefer light and airy and beachy over dark and sedate, for some reason the YC just worked for me and the BC didn't. We certainly didn't have a bad stay at the BC, it just wasn't a favorite. Along with actually preferring the YC, the fact that all rooms have full balconies is huge for me. I will admit that without a view it turned out to be less important than when in a room with a view, but I still really like to have the outdoor space. I would call the CL floors and lounges nearly a draw. The BC was larger, but just felt weirdly laid out. Neither one is anything special, no view, not overlooking a lobby, etc. We had a nice time and LOVED SAB and walking to 2 parks, but I'm not sure that is enough to overcome my love of the MK resort area. When we pulled into the CR next it just felt like we were at Disney and coming home, and that's really my least favorite MK resort (but love the MK access and views!) I think I might still stay in the Epcot resort area if we go for F&W, or as part of a split stay to avoid the busses and get in some SAB time, but I just miss the MK resort area, to me that area is Disney. We haven't stayed at a value or a moderate in a while, it will be interesting to see next time we do that if i also really miss the MK area, or if for some reason the Epcot area just doesn't do it for me. For some reason the Epcot resorts just don't feel as "resorty" to me (I know that's not a word :D) without all of the lush grounds and landscaping, and the moderates do have that (I'm thinking PO), so I think that might feel more Disney to me as well. We'll see, I'm sure we'll be there again in the future.

I also wonder if possibly I would have been happier with a different room - I do think that the ones with daybeds and regular curtains might have felt more like a typical disney resort room possibly. I glanced into a room down the hall, in the same view category that was being cleaned one day, and for some reason just got a better vibe. I did notice it had a daybed, and maybe regular windows and curtains. So that was just luck of the draw, and I'll probably never know because i don't think we'll stay here again unless we get a spectacular rate.

If you have any questions just ask, obviously I am plenty long winded and willing to share my opinions about our stay!

I have one last stay to report on - at the CR atrium club level. I'll try to do that in the next day or 2, and then a quick (who am I kidding, I can't be quick) compare and contrast of the 3 CLs. I'm sure you are all waiting with bated breath :rotfl2:!

I just posted my review of the BC CL on the BC thread, I'll again copy and paste the portions that pertained to the room and club level. Since I didn't re-write thought on common areas, SAB, etc a lot of the info is the same here and on that thread, so apologies to those of you (again!) who follow both.

*We stayed SV Cl at the Beach Club June 14-18, transferring from the YC. We got up early on transfer day because we were heading to Legoland. We had bell services hold our luggage, checked out of the YC at the CL concierge desk, then walked over to the BC to check in. we did wait in a short line in the lobby since we couldn't get to the CL floor, then that CM took us up to the 5th floor when she saw we were staying CL. She did ask about drinks, but since it was like 8:30 in the AM and we had eaten a quick breakfast at the YC lounge, and we were in a hurry, we didn't take her up on this. I didn't ask about the welcome drink at 8:30 AM! The CM who checked us in was very friendly, and mentioned that the YC CL could have checked us in. Good to know for the future. Our room was not ready. We then headed to legoland.
*while sunscreening all 6 of us up in the legoland parking lot I got a call from that CM telling us that our room was ready! Soon after I got the text. Good news and great CS, but of course it didn't matter since we had daylong plans. Had we been sitting around waiting with sick or fussy children we would have gotten the room at 3 PM.
*we got back around 7 PM and went to our room, we got room 5670. Again exactly what we booked, and not the partial sideways view of SAB or the back resort entrance SV rooms I had requested and been hoping for. This time I was a little more disappointed, since there were a few more of these here than there were at the YC. But nothing to complain about, not everyone can get those rooms. Our room had a full (but somewhat smaller than the YC) balcony that had a solid railing half way up that faced the front of the resort. It was pretty close to the lounge, maybe 2/3 of the way down the first hall, past the back lounge entrance.
*my initial impression of the room was very "meh". Somehow it seemed a lot smaller and less luxurious than the YC room we had just left. I realized that there was no daybed and the far corner of the room was "missing" - I mean it was just walled off making the room odd shaped, for either ductwork or structure or something like that. I am wondering if that hadn't been there if the desk would have gone there and a daybed where the desk was. Because of that missing corner of the room there was a window with a single door to access the balcony, instead of the full wall of windows with a sliding door I am used to, and instead of curtains there were roman blinds. Something about this setup just didn't seem as nice to me at all. It felt more like a lower end room, and slightly more claustrophobic or something with the wall right beside the single balcony door, and a smaller window instead of a full wall window, and the blinds instead of curtains let a lot of light in. I thought that might be a problem for the 2 toddlers sleeping, but they got up at about the same time at all 3 resorts so it didn't really matter, I just prefer being able to block the light when we want to. As the 4 days went on I did get used to the room, but still think it is my least favorite deluxe disney room, possibly even over the smaller ones at AKL and WL. It's hard for me to explain why I didn't like this room, i really think it was the small window/door setup with the roman blinds, and the room being smaller with the corner being boxed off.
*I really missed the sliding door to the sink area, and the pocket door to the shower/toilet. The door just barely cleared the toilet, you had to squeeze in and shut the door behind you for it to fit, and then use the toilet. My DS8 noticed that right away. I also missed the shower head from the YC, there was nothing wrong with this one but that one was better.
*For some reason I cannot fathom this room had the makeup mirror mounted on the wall at probably a 6 ft level! I'm 5'3", and I couldn't use it at all even on my tip toes to try to see the sides of my hair. I just cannot figure out how that happened or what they were thinking??
*Storage was not nearly as good here at the YC, losing the under bed storage for suitcases that we didn't unpack was hard. We put one in the closet on the luggage rack, another kind of behind the balcony door, and the 3rd between the bed and the wall, and just kind of piled all of our duffle bags, kids backpacks, etc where we could. We made it work, but the room felt very cluttered. Had I wanted to unpack there would not have been nearly enough drawer space and there was just a traditional closet with hanging on both sides.
*the safe was a small wall safe, where if you put a laptop in it would have to balance upright and there was about enough room for a cell phone width wise laying on the bottom if it. Much smaller than at both the YC and CR.
*I know these rooms were renovated just before the YC ones, but IMHO they did a much better job over there. Not sure if they just got better ideas between renovations, or purposely wanted the rooms to be pretty different, or if it has anything to do with being a convention resort vs not, or what. I had even thought I would much prefer carpet, and actually when push comes to shove I do, but overall I much preferred the YC rooms with hard floors to theirs with carpet.
*again, our MBs weren't working on the room. oddly enough, all of one of my sons MBs did work, and no other ones did. I took them down to the CM at the desk, and she went to re-program them (I just cannot remember what they call this), and then realized we had more than 1 MB each. She then proceeded to pretty much lecture me that it is intended that each person only keep 1 MB, and that when you got a new one you were supposed to discontinue using any and all old ones. She likened it to getting a new CC because you misplaced one or got a new expiration date - once you got the new one the old one didn't work. I know this isn't true, and I know plenty of people have multiple MBs active. Disney sells limited edition and designer MBs, I can't imagine they would expect people to buy more than one of these if they had to stop using any old ones once they bought a new one. Of course I just couldn't just keep my mouth shut, so i mentioned this, and she held her ground and told me the idea was one per person. However, she did get all of the MBs working while I sat and waited. It probably took 30 min, but I felt pretty irritated after the encounter, like I had just been reprimanded.
*The club lounge was large, there was enough room that i didn't feel like I was causing a problem to push the double stroller in while the rest of us stopped for food or a drink. It was set up kind of odd to me, with a large food area, a smaller almost galley drink area, and 2 separate sitting areas. We always headed to the back one, by the back door that was always open, but most people seemed to prefer the other one right by the food. I liked that it had more room, but it just felt like a weird layout. I also didn't like how 2 of the doors flanked the CM desks. No real reason for this, I just kind of like to come and go without having to walk directly past them every time. However, since the back door was closer to our room anyway we just tended to use it.
*It was nice that the lounge was always open, and you could always access drinks. I think maybe now none of the lounges close between services? Before that was a big drawback to me to the Epcot resorts, so I'm very glad they changed it. I love being able to grab a diet coke if the lounge is closed, unless they've been cleared out already by other guests.
*The food offerings were essentially the same as at the YC. They didn't have the ice cream yet when we were there.
*On fathers day they had a bloody mary bar, which I thought was a nice touch. They had celery, cheese, and olives to garnish it with, and appropriate glasses. I had never actually tasted one, but had wanted to . I got one, and it was ok. Probably not something I would go out and get again, but not bad and I was glad to get to try one.
*they also did a thing on fathers day where they had a polaroid camera and a board with disney fathers on it, and fathers could take a picture with their kids and put it on the board. it was a nice touch, the kids liked it, and you got to keep the picture the next day.
*The lounge CMs were fine. Not spectacular, not bad. There was one young male that we recognized from the YC that was extremely nice, and he recognized us as well so it kind of made us feel more welcome.
*We didn't try to talk to anyone about eating GF here in the lounge. My DH is big into not having to get special treatment, or wait around for info, or essentially have to interact with the CMs and ask questions, so he just didn't want to bother and we happened to have a lot of plans these days so it wasn't as important. He ate what he knew he could eat, like hard boiled eggs and fruit and veggies, and he really isn't into desserts anyway.

So, my final thoughts - drum role please :P. Prior to staying at either of these resorts I would have thought I would like the BC better, but after staying at the YC twice and the BC once I much preferred the YC (both with the old and new room styles). While I tend to prefer light and airy and beachy over dark and sedate, for some reason the YC just worked for me and the BC didn't. We certainly didn't have a bad stay at the BC, it just wasn't a favorite. Along with actually preferring the YC, the fact that all rooms have full balconies is huge for me. I will admit that without a view it turned out to be less important than when in a room with a view, but I still really like to have the outdoor space. I would call the CL floors and lounges nearly a draw. The BC was larger, but just felt weirdly laid out. Neither one is anything special, no view, not overlooking a lobby, etc. We had a nice time and LOVED SAB and walking to 2 parks, but I'm not sure that is enough to overcome my love of the MK resort area. When we pulled into the CR next it just felt like we were at Disney and coming home, and that's really my least favorite MK resort (but love the MK access and views!) I think I might still stay in the Epcot resort area if we go for F&W, or as part of a split stay to avoid the busses and get in some SAB time, but I just miss the MK resort area, to me that area is Disney. We haven't stayed at a value or a moderate in a while, it will be interesting to see next time we do that if i also really miss the MK area, or if for some reason the Epcot area just doesn't do it for me. For some reason the Epcot resorts just don't feel as "resorty" to me (I know that's not a word :D) without all of the lush grounds and landscaping, and the moderates do have that (I'm thinking PO), so I think that might feel more Disney to me as well. We'll see, I'm sure we'll be there again in the future.

I also wonder if possibly I would have been happier with a different room - I do think that the ones with daybeds and regular curtains might have felt more like a typical disney resort room possibly. I glanced into a room down the hall, in the same view category that was being cleaned one day, and for some reason just got a better vibe. I did notice it had a daybed, and maybe regular windows and curtains. So that was just luck of the draw, and I'll probably never know because i don't think we'll stay here again unless we get a spectacular rate.

If you have any questions just ask, obviously I am plenty long winded and willing to share my opinions about our stay!

I have one last stay to report on - at the CR atrium club level. I'll try to do that in the next day or 2, and then a quick (who am I kidding, I can't be quick) compare and contrast of the 3 CLs. I'm sure you are all waiting with bated breath :rotfl2:!
I'm loving your reviews.

I'm arriving at CR atrium on 7/5 so hurry up!

I had a cm at gf last year delete a bunch of my old mb's . This year I haven't had any issues-yet.

I'm a mono girl too. Yc cl the only resort I have nt tried. Tower and Tonga also on my must do list.

Yep as you get older what we want does change. I love cl. I don't really even eat that much, especially breakfast. However the time convenience for my usual short stays makes a big difference in the quality of my stay.

Last edited:

Have a great time! :yay: :yay:

We recently came back from a 12 night stay, with 4 nights at the YC CL, 4 nights at the BC CL, and 4 nights at the CR Atrium Club.

Thanks for your thorough reviews of BC & YC CLs. Looking forward to your CR CL review :flower3:.

*...She then proceeded to pretty much lecture me that it is intended that each person only keep 1 MB, and that when you got a new one you were supposed to discontinue using any and all old ones...I know this isn't true, and I know plenty of people have multiple MBs active. Disney sells limited edition and designer MBs, I can't imagine they would expect people to buy more than one of these if they had to stop using any old ones once they bought a new one.... I felt pretty irritated after the encounter, like I had just been reprimanded.

WOWZA! Your review is amazing. THANKS for taking the time to share! I’ll have to backtrack and catch the YC one!

Ugh! BC CL desk CMs! You felt like you were being reprimanded because you were. Absolutely unacceptable but I encountered that attitude a couple times last year- but I would have been livid to have dealt with it for 30 mins.

Walking past the desk. You put into words so much I didn’t realize bugged me. The act of walking by the desk didn’t bug me so much as I’m used to it in Disney’s Grand Californian but I really disliked it at BC because the staff made me feel- like a child to be reprimanded and watched closely (it was not our freaking fault we had to have maintenance come to our room on three seperate occasions for things we didn’t do). I never put two and two together there tbh, but yeah- I really didn’t like that either but it was because of their attitude.

It’s always open now?! All CLs are always open now? I swear it was closed half the time I wanted stuff last year! That is GREAT to hear. (I really need to back up and catch up over here, stuff is changing!)

Very interesting you prefer YC > BC. We’re the same in that light, airy, beachy, carpets preference so I had dismissed YC when I researched last year’s trip. Definitely going back on my radar...

Last edited:
We recently came back from a 12 night stay, with 4 nights at the YC CL, 4 nights at the BC CL, and 4 nights at the CR Atrium Club. I just finished my LONG review of our YC portion over on the YC thread, I'm going to see if I can copy and paste the portions that pertain to CL. I'm going to do the same for the BC and CR, I just haven't gotten to them yet, but I'll try to do the same with the CL related portions of those as well.

For an introduction, we stayed SV YC CL June 10-14. Our party is me, my DH, DS8, DS5 and twin DSs 15 months. That means we have to book SV CL, that is the only category that allows 5 + an infant in the room for some reason. We had stayed at the YC once before, in May 2016, that time we also booked SV CL but were upgraded to GV CL (this was pre-twins).

*We took the auto train down, didn't do online check in, and pulled up around 10:30 AM. We unloaded all of our stuff to bell services and then went to park the car and walked back to the front. When we got back a lady with an ipad was waiting, welcomed us by name, and took us up to the 5th floor to check in to club level. There was no one there waiting, we got checked in right away, and she got drinks for all 6 of us, including the welcome drink for me (which I had been told was discontinued when we had our last stay). This is the first time I've gotten an official welcome drink in many CL stays. They often offer drinks, but never before the elusive welcome drinks!
*our room was not ready (I wouldn't have expected it to be), they confirmed my cell phone to text when it was ready and we headed to Epcot
*we went to Epcot and then DHS, finishing around 6:00, and never got a text
*when we got back of course our room was ready, they didn't know why no text (that has happened before)
*we got room 5186, exactly what we booked. I had been hoping for a standard room with a rooftop view and sideways view of SAB, but since there look to be only 2 of those I wasn't surprised. However, it met my secondary requests - private balcony, bathtub, and close to lounge. It also had a daybed. It overlooked the front of the resort. Looking to the left from the balcony, the room 2 down from us would have been the last one with the shared large balcony that I didn't want.
*I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the renovated rooms. The raised beds were awesome, particularly since we didn't unpack like we typically do due to the split stay trip that was new to us. I left the suitcases packed and slid them under the bed, and just slid them out to get what we needed. There was also a ton of storage in the large, wooden storage unit/closet that they put in the entryway. A few shelves on the outside, shelves on the inside with the ironing board, and even shelves in the actual closet section. Plus shelves/cubbies under the sink, a shelf above the sink, and lots of counter space. I didn't think I would like the hard floor, but really it ended up being fine. it was dirty, though, my toddlers feet would get really dirty after walking in bare feet when they hadn't walked anywhere but in the room. The floor wasn't visibly dirty, just you could tell based on that. There was enough room for 2 pack and plays and to still get around the room without a problem.
* I loved the rain shower head, we never used the second one although with kids it would probably have been nice. I really missed that shower at the BC and the CR. I also liked the nice shelf built into the wall for shampoo, etc. I could take or leave the shower door vs shower curtains, giving kids baths I would prefer a curtain but otherwise I don't care.
*While I did like the room, I would prefer more "Disney touches" over the simply upscale feel they gave it. The constellations on the curtain were neat, but weren't nearly enough
*there were plenty of outlets and USB ports. I always bring a power strip because we have so many things that need charged, and I didn't need it at all and had empty spots where we could have charged more.
*I LOVED the sliding wood door that closed off the sink area, particularly with 2 toddlers but also just so someone could get ready in the morning first without bothering everyone else or so someone could get dressed privately. I also loved that the shower/toilet area also closed off with a sliding door, so the door didn't get in the way of everything.
*they always replenished the toiletries, and there was a nice selection. No sunscreen here, but solar relief gel, foot lotion, mouthwash, a vanity kit (that my DH made fun of when he was what was in it), plus the usual shampoo/conditioner/body wash/soap. Plus they left extra shampoo/conditioner when I asked. We do tip $10 a day as we go.
*our MBs didn't work at first. We have a TON of MBs on our account, but I have them all inactivated except for 3-5 each that we brought (except for the infants). We had a set decorated as the incredibles, a star wars set we purchased, a plain set for swimming, etc, and my older sons and I had some special ones we like (paw patrol, my HM D&B one, etc) Some randomly worked, the others they had trouble getting working (I can't remember the term they have to do to get them to work on the room, elevator, gait, etc, as opposed to tickets and charging, maybe pairing? I don't think that's it. But whatever it was, it wasn't taking for ours) The CM at the desk had to keep them for a little while, but she did figure it out and bring them to our room a little later the same day, and they were working then. However, a preview of other reviews, the same thing happened at each resort and some CMS were less helpful and friendly about it than others.
*we had turndown service every night, sometimes a little early but we had it, and they left chocolate. I really like getting fresh towels and having any dishes taken away, and I like the chocolate! They did come before we had showered from the pool once or twice during our stay, so that defeated the purpose of fresh towels since we hadn't used them yet.
*The club lounge is just ok. It's pretty small and tight, but despite that there were usually tables when we were there. It's a bit "proper" for our tastes, we prefer the casualness of the Poly lounge, for example. I also miss a focal point, such as the Poly view, or the ones that overlook the lobbies, or something. Because I had 2 toddlers it was harder, if I was there without my DH (while he went running) once I put their stroller beside the kids table and fed them breakfast from there, another time I used the 2 high chairs that they had and set up at a table. It was easier to just run in and grab something than eat there, but it is nice to utilize it sometimes.
*they always had infused water our by the elevator on the 5th floor, which was nice at night when we came back late. I really liked the basil and watermelon.
*one change from our last trip is that now the lounge is open between servings, which is great. It was nice to be able to get drinks at night, and my son loved the ice cream that we were told had only been there for 2 weeks that was always accessible.
*The desserts were fine, but they never changed so after 4 nights (8 if you count the BC stay and there wasn't much difference) it was getting rather monotonous. There is a larger selection than at some other lounges, but just no variety night to night.
*the afternoon snacks were ok. My kids loved the wrapped candy with little baggies to make your own mix, and we did eat the veggies and dip and tried the bread an hummus.
*I really liked the hot choice at breakfast, which was also new from our last stay. I particularly liked the crepes, but the bread pudding was also good. We also got very good use out of the hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, and fresh berries, our toddlers at their weight in all of that.
*I thought the appetizer options were very good, and I liked that they varied nightly. There was also a decent variety, with a plated option, something in a warmer, and a couple of salads, as well as a more kid appropriate choice and well as the veggies, cheese, PB&J. I thought the salads were really good.
* My DH and 2 toddlers are gluten free, and we were disappointed in how they handled that. It isn't that they wouldn't accommodate it, it's just that it took SO LONG! First they had to get a chef (which we are used to from stays everywhere at Disney). But the chef they got this time didn't know! So she had to go get some info and come back, then she was still kind of uncertain so my DH didn't really trust her, and then she said she could get something from the kitchen. So we did say yes to that, which was nice since we essentially got a dinner of chicken, veggies, and potatoes, but it took like 45 min. So while it was nice to get something to accommodate the GF, we didn't want to give up that kind of time, it defeated the purpose of stopping in the lounge for a quick snack, etc. I would say that night it took over an hour to get gluten free info and food for them. So typically my husband would just get a drink, or veggies, and the older kids and I would snack. It worked best at breakfast, since some things were obviously gluten free, and things that the younger 2 liked so breakfast was covered and we put enough in the fridge that they could have it for snacks and/or lunch when they were with a sitter.Also at breakfast they have GF bagels and an allergy toaster they keep in the back, which I knew from our previous stay, so one morning I did go through that process for the bagels.
*I liked the wine selection, with a sparkling and riesling, and they had more options than I remember typically (those are just the ones I liked best) They do serve it, but I never felt weird about it.
*The club level CMs were just ok. There was one young male CM who was extremely nice and helpful, he remembered us from the YC when we moved to the BC (he worked both) and then we had that connection so it was like a familiar face there. One time I was in the lounge in mid afternoon when it wasn't busy, and the CM working was chit chatting with a couple sitting at a table by the widows. I wanted a drink, so I stood a polite distance back and just hung out, obviously waiting but not intruding. She never said anything to me! Not a "I'll be right with you", not a nod, not a "just a second", and certainly not the "can I help you" that i was expecting after she reached a pause in her conversation. I finally went out and asked the CMs at the desk, who got me milk that I was looking for. I noticed this same CM chatting a lot with certain guests, I'm thinking maybe regulars?, but not with others. It seems like we weren't in the club or something. I kind of got that feeling at the YC more than other club levels.

Here was my summary from over on the YC/BC thread:
Overall, I like the YC and like the CL at the YC, but as a resort I prefer all 4 of the MK resorts to it both for the resort and for CL. This fits the bill for being able to walk to 2 parks, and the pool is amazing so I think those 2 reasons make it worth trying and staying at, but I just feel like I'm home when I'm at the MK resorts. The YC and the CL lounge are both a little prim and proper for me, and feel a bit stiff. Not so much that I don't feel like I should be there with kids, but enough that we're more at home at the Poly, GF, CR, or WL. I also like that those all feel more like a resort to me, with lots of outside areas, etc and here the outside area feels more like just a walkway to the BW, or parks. I don't know, I can't explain it, I enjoy our stays here and might stay here sometime again for the pool and walkability, but the MK area just feels more like Disney to me. I'll go more into the YC/BC comparison after I post a review on the BC and BC CL.

This part doesn't really pertain to just CL, but I'm disappointed that we have to book SV to get a room that sleeps 5. I really felt that the GV room that looked at the gazebo and sideways at Crescent Lake and the BW elevated the stay a lot over looking at the front entrance. I never used to think it was worth paying more for views, but as I've gotten older and stayed more places I've changed my mind. Obviously there is a point where we won't pay the difference, but I think a good view and a balcony really, really makes a stay better. It doesn't have to be the best view ever, but just a good view over not great one. Some resorts, like the CR and Poly, have very good views even from their standard view rooms (particularly CL at the Poly), so it's a little less important, but I feel like the SVs at the BC and YC are not that great, and the better views really make the stay more enjoyable for me.

I guess I ended up thinking a lot pertained to CL as well as the resort! Sorry, If you follow both threads you can skim this reply if you even read it! I'll go more into the YC/BC comparison after I post a review on the BC and BC CL.
I love your reviews. So great.

Give me enough ice cream and I won’t care about the CL CMs ;)

Food for thought with regards to the YC renovation vs BC’s: I think it is interesting to throw in the hotel Disney did after YC as I’m hoping it foreshadows what is to come with future renovations, Grand CA in Disneyland. Hopefully the BC renovation was the last of its kind and YC was the starting point for the future! Grand CA was fully refurbished at the end of last year. Among the highlights to us were the raised beds & rain showers. As such I hope to see those keep popping up as Disney’s deluxe hotels go through their renovations. One nice difference at GCH was hardwood for the room entry and sink/mirror area but carpet for the bedroom area. An upgrade after YC feedback?...

It’s always open now?! All CLs are always open now? I swear it was closed half the time I wanted stuff last year! That is GREAT to hear. (I really need to back up and catch up over here, stuff is changing!)

Just to clarify: the lounge is always open, but they do not always have food out. They still rope off food areas between service times to clean & set up the next offering. Plus after hours, everything is pretty much put away. At YC in April, you could access the soda fridge & coffee machine. But there wasn’t even creamers or sugar out. Sounds like you can now also get the mini ice creams too. But they don’t leave snacks or anything else out overnight. By it is open, it means they no longer lock the doors so you can go sit & relax in there anytime.

Had a dream/nightmare that we checked in to our Poly CL TPV room.

But it wasn’t the Hawaii building, it was some strange longhouse I didn’t recognize located between Poly and GF - like where the luau is located.

Had a first floor room (we request third) but had a terrible view - definitely not TPV.

Tried to go find the Hawaii longhouse so I could discuss the room with CL CMs but kept getting lost. I’d make it to the pool but for whatever reason just could not find the way to Hawaii. I kept telling myself “it’s just right there” but it wasn’t happening. Kept getting lost.

Then I woke up.

Must be a sign I need a few Lapu Lapus!

Happy early 4th of July to everyone, I know several folks have trips over this time frame. Hope everyone has a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter