Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Looking forward to the omlets tomorrow! Just saw chef Redgie setting up for tonight! He said tonight is his favorite dishes, NY strip and sustainable seafood flying fish style. Can't wait!

Thanks so much for the updates. Less than 3 weeks for me. Keep the food updates coming!!

Going to WL in December and the CL room still available on the WDW website is whispering in my ear "upgrade! Upgrade to me!" We've done CL at AKL and Poly, and loved it. Is WL on anyone's love list?

I look at my photos from last November and hear that same whisper.... "come back.... come back....". Here are links to those posts if helpful to give you a little nudge.

WL CL Food - November 2016

WL CL Lounge - November 2016

But in all seriousness, I only have that one CL trip there to draw from, but it's on my 'love' list for CL but not necessarily for the resort itself. If I think back on my recent CL travels (which are mostly the MK resort CLs), WL had, hands down, the best food offerings of them all (in my humble opinion). Really fresh/tasty/healthy offerings, great flavors, unique beer/wine selections, absolutely BEAUTIFUL lounge space. It also now serves one of the smallest inventory of rooms among all the CLs (with the conversion of 1/2 off the 7th floor to DVC). The lounge felt quaint/cozy with a very laid back vibe, which we really like at Disney given the stimulating environment everywhere else.

I'd love to go back to WL now that the construction is finished and things like the second pool and Geyser Point are open.

The only couple of things that stop us from making WL more of a favorite are the smaller rooms, lack of daybed, and smaller/dormer balconies on the 7th floor... unfortunately those things matter for us at our point in life/with kids our ages, so some of the other resorts tend to get more of our focus. But obviously the price of WL CL is usually much more tolerable than some of the others, so that's a consideration as well.

(To summarize my advice, just do it!)

Going to WL in December and the CL room still available on the WDW website is whispering in my ear "upgrade! Upgrade to me!" We've done CL at AKL and Poly, and loved it. Is WL on anyone's love list?

My family stayed there in May. We absolutely loved it. If I could afford it, I'd never do anything else. I really hope it's in the budget again someday. The food in the lounge is very good and I fell in love with the resort. It's my favorite I've stayed in so far. The boat ride to MK is a lot of fun as well.

I look at my photos from last November and hear that same whisper.... "come back.... come back....". Here are links to those posts if helpful to give you a little nudge.

WL CL Food - November 2016

WL CL Lounge - November 2016
Great! Thank you for that! Now I've got something to tempt me to answer the whispers! :rotfl2:

But in all seriousness, I only have that one CL trip there to draw from, but it's on my 'love' list for CL but not necessarily for the resort itself. If I think back on my recent CL travels (which are mostly the MK resort CLs), WL had, hands down, the best food offerings of them all (in my humble opinion). Really fresh/tasty/healthy offerings, great flavors, unique beer/wine selections, absolutely BEAUTIFUL lounge space. It also now serves one of the smallest inventory of rooms among all the CLs (with the conversion of 1/2 off the 7th floor to DVC). The lounge felt quaint/cozy with a very laid back vibe, which we really like at Disney given the stimulating environment everywhere else.

So good to hear that! The foods are a factor, since we try to sample all of them! :thumbsup2

I was wondering about the lounge space! We love the AKL lounge but I suspected the WL lounge might be just a hair better, just because of it's higher view over the lobby, and amazing WL theming.

The only couple of things that stop us from making WL more of a favorite are the smaller rooms, lack of daybed, and smaller/dormer balconies on the 7th floor... unfortunately those things matter for us at our point in life/with kids our ages, so some of the other resorts tend to get more of our focus. But obviously the price of WL CL is usually much more tolerable than some of the others, so that's a consideration as well.

Agreed. They're roughly the same size as AKL and GCH in Anaheim and they are on the smaller size for us too, but like you said, they are also on the lower end for pricing so sacrifices must be made! The balcony does seem small, but it almost looks like a tiny private tree fort so I'm kinda into it!

(To summarize my advice, just do it!)

:laughing: I literally just got off the plane from one trip and I'm already thinking about upgrading the next!! I'm going to wait till Monday, if those rooms are still available they may have to be mine!!

Thanks again for all the info!!

I would have to look back to see what CL were offering hard cider. I think WL, AKL and YC but I'm sure someone else will come on and correct me if I'm wrong or if there are any others. I am having BWI withdrawals tonight!

As some said, AKL . I just rang the buzzer, or if a server is out requested it, Angry Orchard., I don't remember seeing it out, but rather was given whenever I requested it. But for that matter, I think there, at non wine time anyway, you had to request beer and wine and it wasn't just sitting out. But, they are super nice and accommodating at AKL.

It's another wonderful morning at BWI CL! The rumors are true, the omlet bar is awesome!!! Mimosas are available via request and there's a bloody Mary bar. The bloody Mary is pre mixed but I did see that it is grey goose vodka, so im sure they would give you more if you wanted it. Toppings are giant green olives, fresh mozzarella balls and celery. Everything else is the same as yesterday except the pastries are a bit different.

I took lots of pics (does anyone else feel really weird when they do this?)

WL CL is great! If the extra cost is doable, go for it! The WL is amazing overall (IMO), but CL makes it that much more amazing :goodvibes.

It's another wonderful morning at BWI CL!

I took lots of pics (does anyone else feel really weird when they do this?)

Hope you're having a good time :).

I feel the same way when I take pics...lol. I always feel like people are watching me thinking "what the heck is she doing taking pics of food???" :laughing:

WL CL is great! If the extra cost is doable, go for it! The WL is amazing overall (IMO), but CL makes it that much more amazing :goodvibes

That's pretty much what I was thinking! I'm glad it's not just me! ::yes:: The CL at WL seems like it would be similar to the "feel" that I got at CL at AKL - it pluses the whole resort experience. Now where can I find that money to upgrade?! :rotfl:

I've been doing research (as many of you know) on CL stays at MK area resorts, and I just stumbled across a video of a CR Atrium CL TPV room view... HOLY MOLY! Amazing view! Just when I think I've got things close to figured out, that video really made me think! So I have to ask the CL experts...

WHAT'S THE BEST MK AREA CL RESORT?
!

Deciding which is the best is purely subjective. So much depends on how you value theming, pool, and transportation convenience. All the WDW resorts are decorated for Christmas, but which one you prefer is highly subjective, and traveling between all of them via WDW transportation is very easy (bus, boat, Monorail, taxi, personal car). Typically, if we stay at any MK area resort, over a multi-day visit we eat at most/all of them.

Second, the rooms at WL (except deluxe) are slightly smaller than the other three, and I think GF rooms are slightly bigger, but all are ample.

I tend to make my resort choices based on relative pricing. WDW considers at least the whole month of December to be Christmas Season, but if you specifically mean that your travel dates include December 25-Jan 1, then I agree prices at all of the resorts are crazy high. The rest of the month, you might see a relative deal at one of the above. No matter what, I'd go with the least crazy pricing. I'm a BIG fan of split stays.

All the places you list are nice, though you may not get a balcony at some you list. I have to also add "enjoyable view from our balcony" is also highly subjective. We often stay in "standard view" rooms (the least expensive room view) and have always enjoyed the view from our room. (I even enjoy the views we get when we stay at the values. If we end up being able to see part of a backstage area, I confess, I find those views to be the MOST interesting. I've seen the castle 1,000 times, but only once did I have a view of the WL smokehouse. It feels like I'm seeing something secret.

One factor to consider where balconies are concerned is the sunlight pattern, and what time of day you'd use your balcony. In winter, sun is nice. In summer, shade is nice.

The CL at WL seems like it would be similar to the "feel" that I got at CL at AKL - it pluses the whole resort experience.

I agree! We haven't tried CL at AKL yet, but it's at the top of my list to try. We loved WL CL and looking at AKL CL, it seems like it would be the same great experience ;).

Now where can I find that money to upgrade?! :rotfl:

Ya that's sometimes a challenge with Disney trips :laughing:. I hope it works out and you are able to upgrade :).

We recently booked a last minute Food and Wine trip for opening weekend... and are staying at BWI Standard View-CL for it! (We have stayed at both Yacht and Beach's CL, but this will be our first time at BWI's club.) Any recent stays at the Innkeeper's Club?

Us too! Looking forward to finishing up the Epcot CLs. Then hopefully moving on to WL and Contemporary. They are the last 2 left. I'm really excited to try it since I've heard good things about it. Though I am still curious about the food options myself.

Hello - I am not sure if anyone else answered you but we are here at the BWI now. We have stayed here before but not for two years and realized that we are sorry we didn't stay here sooner. Everything has been wonderful from the food to the CMs. We did have some issues with the AC in the room and engineering was wonderful to fix it immediately.

For Breakfast - On Sunday they have someone making - Made to order omelettes - they were wonderful. Plus they had 2 crockpots one with Vanilla Bean Oatmeal with fixings around it and the other with Polenta with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped jalapenos on the side. They also had a fruit platter of pineapple, honey dew, cantalope and strawberries. A salami plate. A cheese plate with cheddar and gouda. Lox with cream cheese, onions, capers on the side. Bagels. Danish. Bread. Butter, cream cheese and jams. A Make your own bBoody Mary bar. The Polenta was delicious.

For snacks there was plenty of sugary snacks like jelly beans, star candy, chocolate covered almonds, popcorn, gold fish, yogurt covered raisins, make your own trail mix. Sugared cookies. Veggies with dip. Babaganosh. Bruschetta.

For appetizers, a chef was cooking two items: NY Strip sampling and Catfish. Both delicious. They had a bowl with fresh tuna and veggies, Tomato and Basil soup. Cheese Fondue with bread (delicious). A cheese platter. Salami and sausage platter. A veggie bowl with dip.

For desserts - they had various cookies, Macarons, a fruit tart, Oreo cookies with mousse on top. Not sure what else - I was not hungry and didn't eat much.

We have only been here for two days so not sure what breakfast is like when not a Sunday. I do have pictures - I will post when I can. If you have any questions please ask. We are loving the CMs - each one is nicer than the next and we haven't even seen Anita or Lorenzo yet. The manager Denny is wonderful - so so friendly and helpful.

So excited to be here and loving our stay at the BWI CL.

Good morning from the BWI! Breakfast offerings today are vanilla bean oatmeal, polenta these both have several toppings, deviled eggs, salami and Serrano ham, several different cheese cubes, fruit platter, lox and toppings, cereals by request only, pastries, bagels and bread, yogurt and Greek yogurt are in the fridge in individual containers.

Also I know this was a debate on here awhile back. I did see a CL CM with a dish tub going down the hall picking up plates and cups left out in the hall overnight.

One strange thing that we noticed yesterday is that the lounge does not have a single trash can of any kind. When I asked where one was the CM said just put it in my hand. I really didn't want to do that since it was a bunch of crushed up goldfish that my children accidently spilled all over the floor. So he said just put it on any table and we'll grab it. On that note it has been rare to see a plate sitting on a table so they are really quick to clean behind people as they leave.

Hi there - we are here too at the BWI and we said the same thing - no garbage pail - so crazy. My son ate a banana while standing in there and didn't have a place to throw the peel so he brought it to the room. He didn't just want to leave it on the table. The food has been wonderful. So excited to be back. Enjoy!

Deciding which is the best is purely subjective. So much depends on how you value theming, pool, and transportation convenience. All the WDW resorts are decorated for Christmas, but which one you prefer is highly subjective, and traveling between all of them via WDW transportation is very easy (bus, boat, Monorail, taxi, personal car). Typically, if we stay at any MK area resort, over a multi-day visit we eat at most/all of them.

Second, the rooms at WL (except deluxe) are slightly smaller than the other three, and I think GF rooms are slightly bigger, but all are ample.

I tend to make my resort choices based on relative pricing. WDW considers at least the whole month of December to be Christmas Season, but if you specifically mean that your travel dates include December 25-Jan 1, then I agree prices at all of the resorts are crazy high. The rest of the month, you might see a relative deal at one of the above. No matter what, I'd go with the least crazy pricing. I'm a BIG fan of split stays.

All the places you list are nice, though you may not get a balcony at some you list. I have to also add "enjoyable view from our balcony" is also highly subjective. We often stay in "standard view" rooms (the least expensive room view) and have always enjoyed the view from our room. (I even enjoy the views we get when we stay at the values. If we end up being able to see part of a backstage area, I confess, I find those views to be the MOST interesting. I've seen the castle 1,000 times, but only once did I have a view of the WL smokehouse. It feels like I'm seeing something secret.

One factor to consider where balconies are concerned is the sunlight pattern, and what time of day you'd use your balcony. In winter, sun is nice. In summer, shade is nice.

@mickeynut1 , thanks for the reply! I appreciate the room size comparison and balcony tips, as well. I've also considered a split stay. As you're a self-reported 'BIG fan' of split stays, have you found your transition to be relatively problem-free?
In regards to your comments on pricing, we're staying this late Nov/early Dec at the GF, and we weren't able to get any discounts (ouch!). Early December would also be the travel time for next year, so I'm counting on a decent Bounceback offer for one of the choices on my list. Otherwise, I may consider going non-CL or postponing the trip to 2019 :sad:, as CL rack rate two years in a row is hard to swallow!
Thanks again! :-)

Hello - I am not sure if anyone else answered you but we are here at the BWI now. We have stayed here before but not for two years and realized that we are sorry we didn't stay here sooner. Everything has been wonderful from the food to the CMs. We did have some issues with the AC in the room and engineering was wonderful to fix it immediately.

For Breakfast - On Sunday they have someone making - Made to order omelettes - they were wonderful. Plus they had 2 crockpots one with Vanilla Bean Oatmeal with fixings around it and the other with Polenta with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped jalapenos on the side. They also had a fruit platter of pineapple, honey dew, cantalope and strawberries. A salami plate. A cheese plate with cheddar and gouda. Lox with cream cheese, onions, capers on the side. Bagels. Danish. Bread. Butter, cream cheese and jams. A Make your own bBoody Mary bar. The Polenta was delicious.

For snacks there was plenty of sugary snacks like jelly beans, star candy, chocolate covered almonds, popcorn, gold fish, yogurt covered raisins, make your own trail mix. Sugared cookies. Veggies with dip. Babaganosh. Bruschetta.

For appetizers, a chef was cooking two items: NY Strip sampling and Catfish. Both delicious. They had a bowl with fresh tuna and veggies, Tomato and Basil soup. Cheese Fondue with bread (delicious). A cheese platter. Salami and sausage platter. A veggie bowl with dip.

For desserts - they had various cookies, Macarons, a fruit tart, Oreo cookies with mousse on top. Not sure what else - I was not hungry and didn't eat much.

We have only been here for two days so not sure what breakfast is like when not a Sunday. I do have pictures - I will post when I can. If you have any questions please ask. We are loving the CMs - each one is nicer than the next and we haven't even seen Anita or Lorenzo yet. The manager Denny is wonderful - so so friendly and helpful.

So excited to be here and loving our stay at the BWI CL.

Thanks so much! I am really excited to stay here. It sounds wonderful!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

@mickeynut1 , thanks for the reply! I appreciate the room size comparison and balcony tips, as well. I've also considered a split stay. As you're a self-reported 'BIG fan' of split stays, have you found your transition to be relatively problem-free?
In regards to your comments on pricing, we're staying this late Nov/early Dec at the GF, and we weren't able to get any discounts (ouch!). Early December would also be the travel time for next year, so I'm counting on a decent Bounceback offer for one of the choices on my list. Otherwise, I may consider going non-CL or postponing the trip to 2019 :sad:, as CL rack rate two years in a row is hard to swallow!
Thanks again! :-)

Generally we rent a car, so transportation between hotels is easy.

For split stays within WDW without a car, WDW will transfer your bags between any WDW hotels for free. You just leave your bags with Bell/Luggage services in the morning and head out. Bags arrive about 4pm. You stuff stays in AC. Just call bell services from new room, and they deliver your bags.

If we know we have a split stay, we just pack accordingly so that we only unpack a day bag (or a 2 day bag, etc.) at the first hotel.

While it takes a little time, you can get a welcome change of scenery.

:-)

Split stays are the best, esp. if you have 9 or more days to play with. To save, we do a non club for 4 or 5 and CL on the other. Its fun to change things up midway, and may focus more on certain parks depending on where we are. We also have our car, and usually don't purchase a ticket on "move" day, instead doing other things we want to like visit ESPN, check out other fun things, like minigolf, or even just the boardwalk if staying around that area, Disney springs if in that area, etc.,

I forgot to mention, non-CL split stays can also bean easy way to save money with little pain.

One scenario we use: I use a fare search to check a number of FL airports: MCO (30min to WDW), TPA (90min), St. Pete's (near TPA, but a little further), (Daytona (about 2 hours), etc.

MCO is nice, but we really like TPA. There's a wide variety of nice hotels/dining near the airport. We spend a few hours or days in Tampa. Multiple stunning and inexpensive beaches in the area. Lots of other fun options. I love WDW, but for a fraction of the price, a day in Tampa is easy to tolerate. ;)

DH and I just booked WL CL to celebrate our anniversary in September! We haven't been back to the WL CL since our honeymoon 13 yrs ago. We are very partial to BWI CL, so I admit if that opens, we will switch, but for now, I am excited to be going back to WL. We visit WDW a few times per year, but have not had an adults only trip since I was pregnant with DD 10 yrs ago. We're super excited, but shhh, don't tell our kids we're heading to the world without them ;)

I booked the Poly club level months ago and we arrive on Aug 24th. I have not heard from the concierge people. Is this normal?

I booked the Poly club level months ago and we arrive on Aug 24th. I have not heard from the concierge people. Is this normal?

There seems to be no set procedure.

I stayed Poly CL in June - never heard a word from DSS. I emailed them a few weeks before my arrival to put in my room requests and note a couple of celebrations.
I am staying Yacht CL in September. I got a phone call from DSS within a few days of booking (I was not at home, they left a nice message) and received a very nice card in the mail a week later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter