Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I was recently there. IME it is relatively crowded during breakfast, but really not any different than other CLs IMHO - constant ebbs and flows. Dumb Genie and daily Early Park Entry gets everyone up early and I swear it has jumbled up that nice early AM window you used to have at CL, but that could just be me being grumpy. :-)

Food seemed to be replenished quickly to me - there are alot of CMs around, almost seems borderline overstaffed at times, but I hate to even put that in writing.

Ultimately I like the renovated lounge setup as they desperately needed more counter space, but it sort of makes the seating area 'feel' more crowded. I like the larger table more outside the lounge in the elevator lobby as a good spot, gets you away from the lounge commotion a bit.

HTH!

Thanks for the info. I remember that the YC CL was always peaceful before about 8 am. It was so nice. I forgot about that large table by the elevators. I remember seeing that in your pics. I wish they had a small table on the balcony. I always like that about at YC CL. The CR CL just looks like there aren’t that many tables. Regular room at CR or CL? YC CL has availability for a split stay now too. Ugh—decisions 😉

Last edited:
For those that have been to all 3 (or at least 2) how does CL compare at CR Atrium, Bay Lake Tower CL and BWI CL? Preferences? Advantages? Disadvantages?

For those that have been to all 3 (or at least 2) how does CL compare at CR Atrium, Bay Lake Tower CL and BWI CL? Preferences? Advantages? Disadvantages?

I assume by Bay Lake Tower CL you mean Tower Club in the main Contemporary tower building? CR has 2 CLs, Atrium Club on the 12th floor, Tower Club on the 14th floor. I assume that's what you meant, but just making sure!

Atrium Club is just standard rooms and the floor overlooks the middle tower atrium. Tower Club is mostly suites (very large suites at that with oversized balconies) with just a few smaller room types. Tower Club tends to be very intimate as you're removed from the noise of the CR lobby/4th floor main area, and unless there are overly large groups in the suites (which don't get me wrong, can sometimes happen), it's usually pretty darn quiet. In some ways it's like staying in a totally different hotel and it's a bit apples and oranges compared to Atrium Club, IMHO. Atrium Club would be a 'normal' CL experience in my view, Tower Club is more for a special/unique/splurge type CL experience (in my humble opinion) or for people that need/want the large space for most of the room types there.

Both share the same menu and lounge offerings with the exception of a few basic sushi rolls are offered nightly in the Tower Club but not in Atrium Club. By sushi, think avocado roll, tempura roll, etc - we're not talking the world's finest tuna or anything.

My personal opinion is that CR CL is 'trying too hard' with their menus these days so it ranks lower on food/lounge offering end for me than some others, but it makes up for it in views, location, and several wonderful CMs. Personally I put pretty high value on views and fireworks viewing, which is one reason why I tend to hover around the monorail resorts more than others.

I'll let others with more experience chime in on BWI CL as it has been several years since my last stay there.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I guess I’m not sure of the names - I was able to snag a reservation for a 1bedroom suite club level (I am thinking that’s Tower club????) but not sure! The room does appear to have a huge balcony (lake view) it’s the room that I inquired about earlier that kept disappearing lol. I’d love to make this a really special, memorable trip for my son so thanks for the input!!!

Thanks! I guess I’m not sure of the names - I was able to snag a reservation for a 1bedroom suite club level (I am thinking that’s Tower club????) but not sure! The room does appear to have a huge balcony (lake view) it’s the room that I inquired about earlier that kept disappearing lol. I’d love to make this a really special, memorable trip for my son so thanks for the input!!!

Ok, yes, the "Bay Lake View - 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level" as labeled on Disney's website is Tower Club/14th Floor. Some not that old pics of that room type in case helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-63561268

Ok, yes, the "Bay Lake View - 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level" as labeled on Disney's website is Tower Club/14th Floor. Some not that old pics of that room type in case helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-63561268
I so appreciate your help! The pics you have look great, a bit different than the room shown online. This is what my confirmation says -

Bay Lake View - 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level
No room or amenity requests were made.

I’m assuming it’s the same? I’m a bit confused - both club levels are in the main building but different floors? Or is one in BLT? And with my description we would be 14th floor? So sorry for all the questions but there’s so many options I am overwhelmed!!!

I so appreciate your help! The pics you have look great, a bit different than the room shown online. This is what my confirmation says -

Bay Lake View - 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level
No room or amenity requests were made.

I’m assuming it’s the same? I’m a bit confused - both club levels are in the main building but different floors? Or is one in BLT? And with my description we would be 14th floor? So sorry for all the questions but there’s so many options I am overwhelmed!!!

Disney's room photos for the CR suites on their website are from two renovations ago and evidently it's low priority to actually update them (which seems crazy, but whatever) - so that's the reason for the difference. Your room type was just renovated last summer/fall and reopened right around 10/1/2021.

Yes, both club levels are in the main building. 12th floor is Atrium Club and 14th floor is Tower Club, which is where that room category you reference above is located. Guests only have access to their respective floors and lounges, they don't share.

There are no club level rooms/lounges in the adjacent Bay Lake Tower, which is all DVC.

HTH.

Disney's room photos for the CR suites on their website are from two renovations ago and evidently it's low priority to actually update them (which seems crazy, but whatever) - so that's the reason for the difference. Your room type was just renovated last summer/fall and reopened right around 10/1/2021.

Yes, both club levels are in the main building. 12th floor is Atrium Club and 14th floor is Tower Club, which is where that room category you reference above is located. Guests only have access to their respective floors and lounges, they don't share.

There are no club level rooms/lounges in the adjacent Bay Lake Tower, which is all DVC.

HTH.
Yes! Absolutely helps !!! This is so much appreciated!!!

OT but just sharing how I have been thrilled beyond belief to have Minnie Van service back. We've been using it all over property just like old times. I don't have a problem with Uber/Lyft but sometimes it's just more fun/convenient to use a Minnie Van, as a parent I know what I'm getting in terms of cleanliness of the vehicle and safety, the CMs are often fantastic, etc. Other than Epcot closing one night availability was pretty decent (although that's always YMMV of course). Even saw several familiar driver faces from way back and it was a good reminder of just how incredibly disruptive the WDW closure was for so many, especially with long-closed departments like Minnie Vans. Great to have them back in service.
I looked twice to get one on July 3, to get to MK for fireworks. No go. Said none to extremely low chance of any available. Gave me at least 45 min for a pick up. We gave up and just skipped them. Glad you had better luck

Last edited:
Thanks!! I suspect it would be tough to secure a viewing position here. ;)! Yes, there are some standard rooms with high fireworks views, obstructed a bit.

Agree on BC. YC water view rooms often deliver a fireworks view, but BC, not so much.
We’ve had a great fireworks view from WL. But it was a room about as far from the lounge as you can be. They’ve since made it a bookable category at WL vs by chance. Not sure on CL. But for sure for other rooms

I think CL is not meant to be 🤷‍♀️. If I flip flop my universal/disney days I can get a discounted BWI CL room but then there is no CL room available at universal for.my dates (at rpr). If I check out a day early at Disney I can get a discounted BWI CL room but again, there is no CL at RPR at universal. *sigh *. I don't want to pay for the first night (getting there around midnight) and then rack ratenfor BWI CL the last night. Ggrr. Not sure if I should book a wedding BWI room (with cl) hoping that a night opens up at universal (universal is all rack rate but way cheaper then disney). Stupid 1 night missing availability. I would just transfer at night instead of the next morning. I even called universal to see about adding that one night. *sigh*

Any recent experiences with the Poly club level? Also wondering if they offer daily housekeeping at club level yet or still every other day? We have a trip in late July and was not sure what is fully back or still not yet regarding club level?
I posted some food pics last week if you find that helpful. We had a great stay. Friendly, helpful CMs, lovely new rooms and a great view of course ☺️. We did want housekeeping bc we spent a lot of time in and out of our rooms but when we needed something they were quick to help us.

I think CL is not meant to be 🤷‍♀️. If I flip flop my universal/disney days I can get a discounted BWI CL room but then there is no CL room available at universal for.my dates (at rpr). If I check out a day early at Disney I can get a discounted BWI CL room but again, there is no CL at RPR at universal. *sigh *. I don't want to pay for the first night (getting there around midnight) and then rack ratenfor BWI CL the last night. Ggrr. Not sure if I should book a wedding BWI room (with cl) hoping that a night opens up at universal (universal is all rack rate but way cheaper then disney). Stupid 1 night missing availability. I would just transfer at night instead of the next morning. I even called universal to see about adding that one night. *sigh*
Have you done CL at Universal hotels? I honestly do not care for it. We are never doing it at HRH again. It’s the best resort at Universal by far, and where I stay if at all possible but their CL is a joke. We are trying Portofino this week because it was available and pretty cheap with AP discount and the room is bigger since we have a 3rd with us this trip. I’ll see how it compares. Reviews I’ve seen are very spotty. I just don’t think Lowes does CL well. They are VERY stingy on alcohol for one thing, which annoys me to no end. At thing point I’d never pick Lowes CL over Disney CL at any rate. Portofino will have to really blow me away for that to happen. Possible but not probable

Have you done CL at Universal hotels? I honestly do not care for it. We are never doing it at HRH again. It’s the best resort at Universal by far, and where I stay if at all possible but their CL is a joke. We are trying Portofino this week because it was available and pretty cheap with AP discount and the room is bigger since we have a 3rd with us this trip. I’ll see how it compares. Reviews I’ve seen are very spotty. I just don’t think Lowes does CL well. They are VERY stingy on alcohol for one thing, which annoys me to no end. At thing point I’d never pick Lowes CL over Disney CL at any rate. Portofino will have to really blow me away for that to happen. Possible but not probable
I've only been to Universal once. That was cl at portofino. Alcohol is the only downside of CL there. We actually really liked portofino otherwise. They had hot breakfast sandwiches every day and the staff was really nice. Other then breakfast we don't utilize the lounges that much for food. We will snack and drink throughout the day if we are there. We went through tons of longboards at the Poly lounge lol. If we make evening apps it's a quick stop in because we usually have dinner adrs. Portofino had an opera singer on one of the balconies one night. Was so nice. My kids have no interest in HRH, that's why we booked rpr. I planned Universal at the end originally since my 15 yo in Harry Potter obsessed and I was initially afraid of starting there and him not wanting to go to Disney.

I've only been to Universal once. That was cl at portofino. Alcohol is the only downside of CL there. We actually really liked portofino otherwise. They had hot breakfast sandwiches every day and the staff was really nice. Other then breakfast we don't utilize the lounges that much for food. We will snack and drink throughout the day if we are there. We went through tons of longboards at the Poly lounge lol. If we make evening apps it's a quick stop in because we usually have dinner adrs. Portofino had an opera singer on one of the balconies one night. Was so nice. My kids have no interest in HRH, that's why we booked rpr. I planned Universal at the end originally since my 15 yo in Harry Potter obsessed and I was initially afraid of starting there and him not wanting to go to Disney.
In that case, just book whatever you can at Universal. I wouldn’t worry with their CL at all. It doesn’t sound like you utilize it in any significant way there.

I assume by Bay Lake Tower CL you mean Tower Club in the main Contemporary tower building? CR has 2 CLs, Atrium Club on the 12th floor, Tower Club on the 14th floor. I assume that's what you meant, but just making sure!

Atrium Club is just standard rooms and the floor overlooks the middle tower atrium. Tower Club is mostly suites (very large suites at that with oversized balconies) with just a few smaller room types. Tower Club tends to be very intimate as you're removed from the noise of the CR lobby/4th floor main area, and unless there are overly large groups in the suites (which don't get me wrong, can sometimes happen), it's usually pretty darn quiet. In some ways it's like staying in a totally different hotel and it's a bit apples and oranges compared to Atrium Club, IMHO. Atrium Club would be a 'normal' CL experience in my view, Tower Club is more for a special/unique/splurge type CL experience (in my humble opinion) or for people that need/want the large space for most of the room types there.

Both share the same menu and lounge offerings with the exception of a few basic sushi rolls are offered nightly in the Tower Club but not in Atrium Club. By sushi, think avocado roll, tempura roll, etc - we're not talking the world's finest tuna or anything.

My personal opinion is that CR CL is 'trying too hard' with their menus these days so it ranks lower on food/lounge offering end for me than some others, but it makes up for it in views, location, and several wonderful CMs. Personally I put pretty high value on views and fireworks viewing, which is one reason why I tend to hover around the monorail resorts more than others.

I'll let others with more experience chime in on BWI CL as it has been several years since my last stay there.

Hope that helps!

I assume that with lighting lane and early entry, everything is busy earlier. On our last trip right before genie+ rollout, we found Contempo cafe pretty calm in the morning and mobile orders didn’t take long, I suppose Contempo is busier in the mornings as well.

Can someone who is staying at Grand Floridian let me know what they are going to be serving for hor dourves on Wednesday's and if it's always going to be that menu on Wednesday's. I'm gonna be doing a stay and debating if I need to make a dinner reservation for my family or if they would be okay with the food in the club level. Thanks

How does Disney address Gluten Allergies at Club Level? We will be staying at the Poly Club Level in late July/early Aug and was not sure how they address food allergies in the lounge (in my wife’s case gluten).

At Universal you can call the club level in advance and let them know you have dietary restrictions and they know ahead of time to accommodate for you.

Appreciate the help!

I agree with @Mrs.AMC. if you aren't doing CL at Portofino then don't mess with CL at UO. RPR has a nice grab and go in the lobby if you want a quick breakfast. The line always seems long but moves very fast. Or better yet, since you have an HP lover, I highly recommend breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron in diagon alley!! The egg pasty is really good and my kids love the pancakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter