Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

On one post, (can't remember which forum I saw it on so please forgive me) but it insinuated that if you book a room and then a discount comes out, you can't just call in and apply it to your current reservation as in the past. If I understood correctly, you would have to cancel your current reservation and then complete a new one with the discount applied. Did I misunderstand this or is this how discounts have to be taken advantage of if you currently have a reservation at a non-discounted rate? With the "limited number of rooms available" at a discount this might be tough to take advantage of. But, I can't wait to try.

No, if you have, say, a room only reservation booked at the rack rate and a discount comes out that is available for that same resort/room type/view category (the key piece of this question), then you can call and have it applied to your reservation. With a room only reservation, you can also change it online yourself which to me is much better than waiting on hold with Disney. Pretty simple.

Some will say that if you have no intention of going at the rack rate, don't book anything so Disney shows more availability in their system - and therefore they'll offer more discounted inventory. Not so sure how real that is, but you'll see people say it. One problem is you need a reservation for 180+10 dining reservations, so you pretty much have to book a rack rate reservation if you're going through Disney (and not another option like a travel agency).

Probably confusing you more than helping, I know. FWIW, there is a good sub-thread called Disney Discount Codes and Rates with a lot of info.

Let me start this question by saying that I don't intend to overstep - that is why I am asking this question in advance :)

We will be arriving at the WL CL after midnight June 14th. I doubt we will have many (if any) options at that time of night to grab a drink and a snack. Do you think it would be at all possible to let the CL staff know about our late arrival and request that some drinks (and maybe even a snack) be placed in our room.....or is this the tackiest question ever?

It seems Disney has done away with IPO/CL staff for pre trip arrival planning. Guests have reported receiving email responses to contact the general phone number for assistance, so it doesn't seem like it's possible to contact CL prior to a stay. They are, however, available once you get there, but that doesn't really help in your situation. Sorry I can't be of much help, but hopefully others will be able to give some suggestions :flower3:.

Hi all, we are staying at SugarLoaf for the first time, in 2 weeks! I was hoping we could get some suggestions on room requests. Which side is better? Can either side see the fireworks? Or castle? High room or ground floor?

Thanks!

I think either side is great. We stayed marina side and loved it, but I think overlooking the courtyard would be just as nice. I prefer a high floor, but that's just me. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

On one post, (can't remember which forum I saw it on so please forgive me) but it insinuated that if you book a room and then a discount comes out, you can't just call in and apply it to your current reservation as in the past. If I understood correctly, you would have to cancel your current reservation and then complete a new one with the discount applied. Did I misunderstand this or is this how discounts have to be taken advantage of if you currently have a reservation at a non-discounted rate? With the "limited number of rooms available" at a discount this might be tough to take advantage of. But, I can't wait to try.

As GADisneyDad14 posted, if a discount comes out and what you have booked is available under that discount, it can be applied to your existing reservation. Some people say you have to cancel and rebook, but that is only if you change reservation types. If you have a RO only reservation and a discount comes out for a package that works for you, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked. Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other and you can't just add tickets and/or DDP to a RO reservation to make it a package.

Quick question about BC CL. This will be our first stay here. I usually have 2 cases of bottled water delivered prior to our arrival when we stay at other WDW resorts. Do you think I can forgo this due to CL? or should I still have some delivered? We go through a lot of water in our room, as well as in the parks (but we usually get bottles refilled at counter service there). Thanks!

Quick question about BC CL. This will be our first stay here. I usually have 2 cases of bottled water delivered prior to our arrival when we stay at other WDW resorts. Do you think I can forgo this due to CL? or should I still have some delivered? We go through a lot of water in our room, as well as in the parks (but we usually get bottles refilled at counter service there). Thanks!

I would say you should still get the water delivery. I have never done delivery but always buy a case or two from the resort store and keep the fridge stocked. I drink a ton of water (especially at Disney) and just prefer to grab a cold bottle whenever I want, outside of lounge hours, etc.

Lounge water is good to keep you from blowing through your stash though. But for me it's not a full substitute.

Some things to keep in mind on this topic... the BC CL lounge closes at times between services during the day (not sure if you can request water in between?). To go cups are usually small in the lounges. If BC has bottled water (some CLs do upon request or sometimes in the fridges), they are the small Dasani bottles - like gone in two gulps small.

I am not sure about BC but at Poly the CM's will fill a personal container with the filtered water in the kitchen if you ask. They don't want you using the water thing in the lounge for obvious health reasons (container/spigot contact).

Hope that helps!

I would say you should still get the water delivery. I have never done delivery but always buy a case or two from the resort store and keep the fridge stocked. I drink a ton of water (especially at Disney) and just prefer to grab a cold bottle whenever I want, outside of lounge hours, etc.

Lounge water is good to keep you from blowing through your stash though. But for me it's not a full substitute.

Some things to keep in mind on this topic... the BC CL lounge closes at times between services during the day (not sure if you can request water in between?). To go cups are usually small in the lounges. If BC has bottled water (some CLs do upon request or sometimes in the fridges), they are the small Dasani bottles - like gone in two gulps small.

I am not sure about BC but at Poly the CM's will fill a personal container with the filtered water in the kitchen if you ask. They don't want you using the water thing in the lounge for obvious health reasons (container/spigot contact).

Hope that helps!
Thanks so much for the info!!!

This post is somewhat of a vent, but I'm so annoyed that they got rid of the IPO/pre-planning service with no notice. I booked my room long ago enough that the GF planning office still sent me an email this fall teling me to contact them with any requests. But when I sent them a email with a request I received back the generic message that "our Conceierge team is currently assisting other guests."

If they no longer offer the service, why the cryptic message? Why not just say that?

Is there any number we can call to get assistance prior to arrival? FWIW, we are staying GF RPC in Feb. I actually have an issue that I need help with. It seems odd that there would be no way to get advanced help.

Thanks!

Has anyone stayed in a 2-bedroom suite in the GF? If so, could you please tell me how the room is set up. Two adjoining rooms? A suite with an adjoining room? I'd like to figure out sleeping arrangements before we go.

I know we have 1 room with 2 queens, 1 room with a king, and 1 room with 2 pullouts. We have 3 kids—2 in full sized cribs, and one kid in a queen. Ideally, we'd like to put the each of the 2 cribs in their own "space" behind a door in a hall, bathroom, big closet….is this a possibility?

Also, how close to the club are the rooms?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDITED TO ADD: Basically I'm looking for a floor plan or pictures of a B5 room at the GF. I can't find one in this thread! Thank you!

Last edited:
No, if you have, say, a room only reservation booked at the rack rate and a discount comes out that is available for that same resort/room type/view category (the key piece of this question), then you can call and have it applied to your reservation. With a room only reservation, you can also change it online yourself which to me is much better than waiting on hold with Disney. Pretty simple.

Some will say that if you have no intention of going at the rack rate, don't book anything so Disney shows more availability in their system - and therefore they'll offer more discounted inventory. Not so sure how real that is, but you'll see people say it. One problem is you need a reservation for 180+10 dining reservations, so you pretty much have to book a rack rate reservation if you're going through Disney (and not another option like a travel agency).

Probably confusing you more than helping, I know. FWIW, there is a good sub-thread called Disney Discount Codes and Rates with a lot of info.

You definitely did NOT make it more confusing. Thanks so much for explaining it!

It seems Disney has done away with IPO/CL staff for pre trip arrival planning. Guests have reported receiving email responses to contact the general phone number for assistance, so it doesn't seem like it's possible to contact CL prior to a stay. They are, however, available once you get there, but that doesn't really help in your situation. Sorry I can't be of much help, but hopefully others will be able to give some suggestions :flower3:.

I think either side is great. We stayed marina side and loved it, but I think overlooking the courtyard would be just as nice. I prefer a high floor, but that's just me. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

As GADisneyDad14 posted, if a discount comes out and what you have booked is available under that discount, it can be applied to your existing reservation. Some people say you have to cancel and rebook, but that is only if you change reservation types. If you have a RO only reservation and a discount comes out for a package that works for you, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked. Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other and you can't just add tickets and/or DDP to a RO reservation to make it a package.

Thank you for explaining it even further like what is not possible to do regarding discounting a current reservation. That too helps immensely.

This post is somewhat of a vent, but I'm so annoyed that they got rid of the IPO/pre-planning service with no notice. I booked my room long ago enough that the GF planning office still sent me an email this fall teling me to contact them with any requests. But when I sent them a email with a request I received back the generic message that "our Conceierge team is currently assisting other guests."

If they no longer offer the service, why the cryptic message? Why not just say that?

Is there any number we can call to get assistance prior to arrival? FWIW, we are staying GF RPC in Feb. I actually have an issue that I need help with. It seems odd that there would be no way to get advanced help.

Thanks!

If you were sent an email prior to the change, there should be a phone number included to contact GF IPO directly. I'm not sure if the number still works with the change, but I would maybe call as you might be able to speak to someone directly (or at least get a name/phone number of someone that can address your issue). Good luck :flower3:.

Do all Club Level rooms have refrigerators or do you need to request them?

All have refrigerators, so no need to request :).

Has anyone stayed in a 2-bedroom suite in the GF? If so, could you please tell me how the room is set up. Two adjoining rooms? A suite with an adjoining room? I'd like to figure out sleeping arrangements before we go.

I know we have 1 room with 2 queens, 1 room with a king, and 1 room with 2 pullouts. We have 3 kids—2 in full sized cribs, and one kid in a queen. Ideally, we'd like to put the each of the 2 cribs in their own "space" behind a door in a hall, bathroom, big closet….is this a possibility?

Also, how close to the club are the rooms?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDITED TO ADD: Basically I'm looking for a floor plan or pictures of a B5 room at the GF. I can't find one in this thread! Thank you!

I can't help as I'm not familiar with the 2 bedroom suites, but maybe there are others who will be able to help. You can also check on the GF FAQ thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...ort-spa-villas-information-questions.3336950/

If you don't find what you need on the first 1-2 pages, feel free to ask questions as there are several very knowledgeable posters on that thread :goodvibes.

Thank you for explaining it even further like what is not possible to do regarding discounting a current reservation. That too helps immensely.

You're welcome! Enjoy your planning :wizard:.

Thank you, @mickeynut1 I just spent over an hour trying to get someone at the GF to confirm for me (what I was told when I booked) that there is a walk-in closet/hallway that can fit a rental crib. No one can tell me anything. It's pretty aggravating—especially considering how much money we are paying for the suite for a week![/QUOTE]

Thank you, @mickeynut1 I just spent over an hour trying to get someone at the GF to confirm for me (what I was told when I booked) that there is a walk-in closet/hallway that can fit a rental crib. No one can tell me anything. It's pretty aggravating—especially considering how much money we are paying for the suite for a week!

I'm of no help to your situation but your post made me chuckle. I stayed a night in a 1BR suite at BC this past summer and when it comes to the walk-in closet in those rooms, I distinctly remember thinking "you could totally get a crib in here!"

:-)

I'm trying to remember what people told me!! :-)

Welcome back!
I think, not to get off-topic or to pat myself on the back...but when you asked, many posters thought of the smaller CL's. It was suggested that it would be best do avoid the CL rush hours (breakfast/5-6pm), as tables are often In short supply.

I'm thinking eventually - I and another poster remembered/knew that the second (quieter) level of the Poly CL.

I think you carefully said you would avoid the peak/rush hours.

I'm sure you mentioned a post-cake nap, because I imagined an adorable young child napping with a bellyful of cake.

One reason I've been away a bit is that we've gone to the darkside. We swapped our WDW AP's for US AP's. The CL's there are just as awesome, and touring is so much more flexible. The HP areas are magical. IMO, WDW/US have almost swapped places in how they treat their customers.

Thank you, @mickeynut1 I just spent over an hour trying to get someone at the GF to confirm for me (what I was told when I booked) that there is a walk-in closet/hallway that can fit a rental crib. No one can tell me anything. It's pretty aggravating—especially considering how much money we are paying for the suite for a week!
[/QUOTE]
We had a suite at GF once, but I only recall two bedrooms _ one with a king sized bed, and the other had - I think- two twin or full sized beds. Each room had a door, and between the two rooms was the living/dining room. The walk-in closet was pretty huge, and it was off the master/king bedroom, along with the rather large master bathroom. It had 2.5 bathrooms. the living area was large enough for a crib, but no bunk beds.

Our suite was pretty close to the lounge. Short a short walk down the hall.

I vaguely recall hearing that some of the bigger suites are located on the end of the Sugarloaf building- with access to the sugarloaf lounge. But I could be totally wrong about that.

One of the old GF threads listed the assorted (old?) booking codes, and room locations, but I'm not sure if you can still search it up here.

Can you please add us? We are staying March 17-25. This will be our second stay at AKL, first time CL. Actually our first stay in 2015 was at Kidani, and we loved it! I am so excited, we just passed our 60 day window, so I can now do online check-in. Any recommendations as far as room requests? It will be DH and I, our 3 kids ages 16, 13, 12, and my DM and we have 2 rooms.

You're welcome! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting information, it really shouldn't be that hard :(.

Can you please add us? We are staying March 17-25. This will be our second stay at AKL, first time CL. Actually our first stay in 2015 was at Kidani, and we loved it! I am so excited, we just passed our 60 day window, so I can now do online check-in. Any recommendations as far as room requests? It will be DH and I, our 3 kids ages 16, 13, 12, and my DM and we have 2 rooms.

I can't help with room requests as we haven't stayed CL at AKL, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We got YC at 35% off in May. Might be worth it if you are willing to stay there instead of BC. I saved 5% over my bounceback rate.

That's awesome! We got a 30% (pin code) and are staying at YC CL for the first time this May. We loved BC, but the discount was much better at YC, so we're super excited to try it. Hoping the renovations are done in CL rooms by the time we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter