Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

One of my concerns is that there is a reservation folio slid under our door at CBR after we check-out. I don't want our information getting into the wrong hands.

We checked out a few days ago and the morning we were leaving, we had a folio left on the outer door handle, along with our boarding pass and airport check in information.

Hello - newbie to this forum but I have been to Disney many times. I'm looking for some assistance on how rooms are assigned at CBR. I was able to get a free dining package in a standard room for my family. My MIL was only able to get a preferred room, no dining package for her and her husband for the same stay. We would really like connecting or adjoining rooms. I'm hoping if I'm persistent, I can get my in-laws a standard room too and request connecting/adjoining rooms. But what happens if I can't? Is there any chance we will have our rooms assigned next to each other even though my family has a standard room reservation and in-laws have a preferred room? In-laws would be happy to stay in a non-preferred room and aren't concerned about the difference in price, they are just excited to come with us and see my son in Disney.

Hello - newbie to this forum but I have been to Disney many times. I'm looking for some assistance on how rooms are assigned at CBR. I was able to get a free dining package in a standard room for my family. My MIL was only able to get a preferred room, no dining package for her and her husband for the same stay. We would really like connecting or adjoining rooms. I'm hoping if I'm persistent, I can get my in-laws a standard room too and request connecting/adjoining rooms. But what happens if I can't? Is there any chance we will have our rooms assigned next to each other even though my family has a standard room reservation and in-laws have a preferred room? In-laws would be happy to stay in a non-preferred room and aren't concerned about the difference in price, they are just excited to come with us and see my son in Disney.
If not together, then close. We have went 4 times with my partner at work...we're cops,,,and his wife...we have been placed in the same building all four times.

I'm in the exact same boat! My plan is to request "Martinique" on both online check ins so we're hopefully at least in the same village.

Looking for insight into room building selection. Won't be using food court much (we'll stock room with snacks and dine elsewhere). Some have said that staying in Barbados makes it easy for check-in/out as its close to the lobby, no need to use baggage services to get our luggage and can just walk to/from Magic Express. Does this sound reasonable?

Hi Everyone! We have booked our first Disney vacation and will be staying at CBR. This thread has been full of awesome information. I didn't see this answered anywhere but does anyone know if you can drive from CBR to the Polynesian and park for a TS meal in the evening and bypass having to take the bus? We will have our cars and think it would save a ton of time If we could just drive over to the other resort for the meal.

Hi Everyone! We have booked our first Disney vacation and will be staying at CBR. This thread has been full of awesome information. I didn't see this answered anywhere but does anyone know if you can drive from CBR to the Polynesian and park for a TS meal in the evening and bypass having to take the bus? We will have our cars and think it would save a ton of time If we could just drive over to the other resort for the meal.

Most likely, yes. Sometimes though, the MK and Epcot resort lots get full and you'll have to pay for Valet.

Looking for insight into room building selection. Won't be using food court much (we'll stock room with snacks and dine elsewhere). Some have said that staying in Barbados makes it easy for check-in/out as its close to the lobby, no need to use baggage services to get our luggage and can just walk to/from Magic Express. Does this sound reasonable?

Barbados is very close, right across the road, to the Custom House.

Unless Disney sprinkles some extra pixie dust, I'm not sure if you would get connecting rooms but possibly in the same village. The preferred rooms are the rooms closest to the Old Port Royal. The standard rooms are sprinkled throughout the resort but not in those buildings.
Maybe these CBR layouts will help.
The highlighted buildings in this picture are buildings with standard rooms within in them:
upload_2016-4-29_7-3-32.png

The highlighted buildings in this picture are the buildings that have preferred rooms within them:
upload_2016-4-29_7-5-33.png

If you both requested Martinique and your parents get assigned building 24 and yall got assigned building 22 or 23, you would be close and within the same village but there are no standard rooms within the preferred area and no preferred within the standard area's.
Hope this helps! Keep searching the website, rooms open up all the time and hopefully something will open up that matches the other. Good luck!!!

Are you not using the DME tags? If you are picking up your bags at the airport, then this does sound reasonable. But, using DME will not hinder anything you do. They will bring your bags to your room. We bring a carry-on with stuff we are using on Day 1 and let luggage service bring our bags to our room when we are at the parks.

Just back from a stay in Barbados, and yes, it was as close as you can get to the Customs house. We got the text to go straight to our room, but ME dropped us off at customs house and we just walked to our room, and didn't need bell services to bring our luggage when departing either. Wouldn't have been a big issue if we were in another village, but yes, it is a convenience for arrival and departure.

I have a preferred room booked - can I request a water view room or is my only option a garden/parking lot view? Does anyone have experience with this, what are the chances? I'm planning on using TP fax request

I really need everyone's honest opinion and help from the CBR experts!
We are doing a girls trip to celebrate my sweet mama that is 82 and never been to Disney before.
This trip was suppose to be an affordable trip, hoping to keep the cost under $1000 per person (airfare included).

After much debate, we booked this girls trip at CBR room for 5, but when FD came out on Monday there was no FD for CBR, but after constant stalking of the Disney website, yesterday morning CBR became available! We were all sooooo excited then my youngest daughter says POP is available for 2 rooms with FD and we would have an extra room + an extra bathroom so we put 2 rooms on hold at POP so now we have to decide so we can cancel/release one. HELP!

We really need help deciding IF we even need to try and make the murphy bed work.

Our party consists of 5 ladies, none of us are high maintenance:
Me(56)- 5'6", a little fluffy but I sleep curled up
Daughter(36) 1- 5' 10", fluffy
Daughter 2(26)- 5'8", normal size
Sister(49)- 5' 6", normal size
Mom (82)- 5'0, tiny
We are all pretty active and in good health. We will use a wheelchair for mom to get around the parks and the resort, just so she won't wear out, but truly to be 82, she is amazingly active and agile.
We DO NOT stay in the room at all, only to sleep.
We are rope drop and close the parks down people. We will be the ones that are leisurely strolling and stopping to make sure mom see's everything, so no rushing at all.

For those that have stayed in a CBR room with the murphy bed, please help with your experience.
I don't "think" I will have trouble sleeping on it since we sleep on cots for several nights camping and mom says she would love to have that little bed (but who knows) LOL.
I do remember back in November at POP, one of the beds in our room was like sleeping on springs, the mattress was sooo worn down so I know that couldn't be much better than sleeping on a murphy bed.

I am all about staying on the budget but not at the expense of being miserable.

:thanks:in advance!

I really need everyone's honest opinion and help from the CBR experts!
We are doing a girls trip to celebrate my sweet mama that is 82 and never been to Disney before.
This trip was suppose to be an affordable trip, hoping to keep the cost under $1000 per person (airfare included).

After much debate, we booked this girls trip at CBR room for 5, but when FD came out on Monday there was no FD for CBR, but after constant stalking of the Disney website, yesterday morning CBR became available! We were all sooooo excited then my youngest daughter says POP is available for 2 rooms with FD and we would have an extra room + an extra bathroom so we put 2 rooms on hold at POP so now we have to decide so we can cancel/release one. HELP!

We really need help deciding IF we even need to try and make the murphy bed work.

Our party consists of 5 ladies, none of us are high maintenance:
Me(56)- 5'6", a little fluffy but I sleep curled up
Daughter(36) 1- 5' 10", fluffy
Daughter 2(26)- 5'8", normal size
Sister(49)- 5' 6", normal size
Mom (82)- 5'0, tiny
We are all pretty active and in good health. We will use a wheelchair for mom to get around the parks and the resort, just so she won't wear out, but truly to be 82, she is amazingly active and agile.
We DO NOT stay in the room at all, only to sleep.
We are rope drop and close the parks down people. We will be the ones that are leisurely strolling and stopping to make sure mom see's everything, so no rushing at all.

For those that have stayed in a CBR room with the murphy bed, please help with your experience.
I don't "think" I will have trouble sleeping on it since we sleep on cots for several nights camping and mom says she would love to have that little bed (but who knows) LOL.
I do remember back in November at POP, one of the beds in our room was like sleeping on springs, the mattress was sooo worn down so I know that couldn't be much better than sleeping on a murphy bed.

I am all about staying on the budget but not at the expense of being miserable.

:thanks:in advance!

The one bathroom for 5 adults would be tricky. The rooms are not very big at all. I've never stayed at Pop so hopefully you can get some help from those who have stayed at both. However, I'm fairly certain there is a charge per extra adult in the room per night. So you'd have 3 extra adults x the fee for each night of your stay. I don't know what the fee is though!

The one bathroom for 5 adults would be tricky. The rooms are not very big at all. I've never stayed at Pop so hopefully you can get some help from those who have stayed at both. However, I'm fairly certain there is a charge per extra adult in the room per night. So you'd have 3 extra adults x the fee for each night of your stay. I don't know what the fee is though!

Our ressie has all the fee's already figured in and the total cost at CBR is $3932. The total cost at POP with 2 rooms is $4715. Both includes the upcharge fee for adults. $783 total difference. That also includes the upgrade fee to the full service dining plan staying at POP. The single bathroom isn't a big deal for us. We have a cabin on some property that we have, 1 bathroom and it sleeps 10. We have been there many times for several days with 5+ people. We just take our turn :) We are more worried about the murphy bed. Thank you for your response.:)

Our ressie has all the fee's already figured in and the total cost at CBR is $3932. The total cost at POP with 2 rooms is $4715. Both includes the upcharge fee for adults. $783 total difference. That also includes the upgrade fee to the full service dining plan staying at POP. The single bathroom isn't a big deal for us. We have a cabin on some property that we have, 1 bathroom and it sleeps 10. We have been there many times for several days with 5+ people. We just take our turn :) We are more worried about the murphy bed. Thank you for your response.:)

Oh you have it all figured out!!! I have no idea what I would do! I would much prefer a moderate over a value but again, I've never stayed in a value. My hubby napped on the murphy bed at CBR last week. Not nearly as comfy as the queen beds and def had to curl up....we aren't very tall or big though. you could probably make it work. Or pack an air mattress.

I have a preferred room booked - can I request a water view room or is my only option a garden/parking lot view? Does anyone have experience with this, what are the chances? I'm planning on using TP fax request

I am wondering this too! We have a preferred room booked too and wondering what to request and thought about water view on the request form...anyone have any experience with a preferred room requests?

The taller people would have feet hanging off if slept on murphy bed. My oldest who is 6ft 185 refuses to sleep on it my younger 2 who are both around 5 ft 110lbs say it is fine for them but they are 12 and 9. But if no one cares about the feet hang or 1 bathroom I would stick with CBR. I have nothing against pop we have stayed there in past but I just enjoy the layouts and relaxing walking of moderates. Plus it saves you money! We will be at CBR in December and can't wait. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter