Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I did online check in, but also asked Disney cm to put in a request for a particular room number, and got very close to the room I requested!

What is the best way to request your room location? Call the main line? Contact the resort directly? If so, how far ahead of time? Thanks for any help!

I find it best to call the Main Reservation line and have any requests added to your reservation. There is no way to contact the resort directly. Any number you might find online for CBR, or any other WDW resort, routes to a Call Center. The phone CMs that answer those numbers will answer/act like they are at the resort you think you called but they're not.

We just returned from our first stay at CBR and it was wonderful! We stayed 12/21-12/28 (one of the busiest weeks of the year) and it felt so uncrowded! I called and requested Aruba or Jamaica and we were blessed to be place in Jamaica 45. We rarely saw anyone else around as we walked to and from our bus stop. We were quite close to the bridge that led to the main pool and Old Port Royale. I have nothing but good things to say about bus service. There is a benefit to going during an extremely busy time...Disney has every bus in service and must rent additional buses since we saw several non-Disney buses making the stops.

Jamaica seemed to be the first pickup and drop off village almost every time. We always had a seat on our way to a park. We wanted to get to MK for the 7am rope drop, and we were at the gates watching the Welcome Show in plenty of time. We rarely waited 10 minutes for a return bus at the parks. Example...we watched the 11:00pm fireworks at DS and immediately headed to our bus. It was waiting for us! We were seated on our bus at 11:12 pm and back at the Jamaica bus stop at 11:23! A+ for transportation! A+ for our building location (standard view).

We visited the Food Court mainly to fill our mugs. We shared 2-3 meals at the food court and had either a burger or chicken nuggets. Very standard Disney food. Kids liked the soft serve for dessert. Younger son had a yummy M & M cookie. Nice gift shop and I was able to settle our account in this building...I was worried I'd have to make my way back to the check in building.

Room: We had a room that slept 4. Plenty of room for us. I wish there had been a tiny bit more drawer space I suppose. We arrived around 12:30 pm and sometime after 3 we got a text that the room was ready. It was always clean when we returned each afternoon. Quiet room...didn't hear turbo flushing from the neighbors!

Pool: Great pool. We had fantastic weather so we were happy to enjoy some sun and a break from the crowded parks. Lifeguards seemed to be having fun too...they danced for us one afternoon.

I'd say that takes care of all of the amenities we experienced. I would absolutely book CBR again! Our only other moderate experience was years ago at French Quarter...and I don't think Disney ever offers discounts there any more! Let me know if you have any questions.

KJ

We just returned from our first stay at CBR and it was wonderful! We stayed 12/21-12/28 (one of the busiest weeks of the year) and it felt so uncrowded! I called and requested Aruba or Jamaica and we were blessed to be place in Jamaica 45. We rarely saw anyone else around as we walked to and from our bus stop. We were quite close to the bridge that led to the main pool and Old Port Royale. I have nothing but good things to say about bus service. There is a benefit to going during an extremely busy time...Disney has every bus in service and must rent additional buses since we saw several non-Disney buses making the stops.

Jamaica seemed to be the first pickup and drop off village almost every time. We always had a seat on our way to a park. We wanted to get to MK for the 7am rope drop, and we were at the gates watching the Welcome Show in plenty of time. We rarely waited 10 minutes for a return bus at the parks. Example...we watched the 11:00pm fireworks at DS and immediately headed to our bus. It was waiting for us! We were seated on our bus at 11:12 pm and back at the Jamaica bus stop at 11:23! A+ for transportation! A+ for our building location (standard view).

We visited the Food Court mainly to fill our mugs. We shared 2-3 meals at the food court and had either a burger or chicken nuggets. Very standard Disney food. Kids liked the soft serve for dessert. Younger son had a yummy M & M cookie. Nice gift shop and I was able to settle our account in this building...I was worried I'd have to make my way back to the check in building.

Room: We had a room that slept 4. Plenty of room for us. I wish there had been a tiny bit more drawer space I suppose. We arrived around 12:30 pm and sometime after 3 we got a text that the room was ready. It was always clean when we returned each afternoon. Quiet room...didn't hear turbo flushing from the neighbors!

Pool: Great pool. We had fantastic weather so we were happy to enjoy some sun and a break from the crowded parks. Lifeguards seemed to be having fun too...they danced for us one afternoon.

I'd say that takes care of all of the amenities we experienced. I would absolutely book CBR again! Our only other moderate experience was years ago at French Quarter...and I don't think Disney ever offers discounts there any more! Let me know if you have any questions.

KJ

So glad you enjoyed your stay at CBR! And thanks for coming back and providing this feedback! Isn't it almost weird how the resort can be at capacity and it NEVER feels like it? We always feel like we are the only people staying in our building and village!

Here's a question: if you were going to visit CBR for a little while, but you're actually staying at another resort, what would be worth doing or seeing?

Based on the initial posts, I am liking a promenade stroll. Anything else or instead? What would make CBR worth the stop for an hour or more?

We are a family of five who has stayed at POR twice. I saw that Caribbean Beach was an option for the first time, and the price was great, so we booked a few days ago. We are going March 22-25, and then driving to Fort Myers to enjoy the beach. Because this is a short trip, we want to maximize our time. We are active, and I don't mind walking, but I would prefer to be close to the bus stop and perhaps the pool. The food court is unimportant, as one of the days we have an early reservation for BOG, and the other days we will eat breakfast in the room. All other meals will likely be at the parks. My daughter has asthma, and I'd like to also be away from any smoking rooms. Any suggestions? Also, early on in the thread, I read about "the bridge". Is this significant? :) Thank you for answering my questions! :) Complete newbie to CBR, but very excited!

I didn't see anyone else address your question (though I might have missed it) so let me help...each "Island" of buildings has its own bus stop, so no matter where you stay at the resort, you are close to a bus stop.

As for smoking...I don't think there were any smoking rooms in the resort, there are outside smoking areas...but enforcement has occasionally been noted as lax.

So glad you enjoyed your stay at CBR! And thanks for coming back and providing this feedback! Isn't it almost weird how the resort can be at capacity and it NEVER feels like it? We always feel like we are the only people staying in our building and village!

This was one of our favorite things about CBR as well. I get enough of the crowds in the parks, so I enjoyed the quiet peaceful feel at the resort.

I've just read on another thread, you can arrange a character wake up call for your kids. Does this still happen ? Can it be done at CBR ? That would be incredible. The only thing my youngest son has asked to specially do, is a character breakfast, if I can organise an actual wake up call for him, he would love it.
Does someone actually talk to him or Is it an automated recording ? Thanks for the help

I've just read on another thread, you can arrange a character wake up call for your kids. Does this still happen ? Can it be done at CBR ? That would be incredible. The only thing my youngest son has asked to specially do, is a character breakfast, if I can organise an actual wake up call for him, he would love it.
Does someone actually talk to him or Is it an automated recording ? Thanks for the help

Hopefully someone who has stayed more recently than I can chime in here. In the past, you could schedule a wake-up call at XYZ time and a character would be on the phone (an automated message). At one time, it was Mickey and another it was Stitch.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone who has stayed more recently than I can chime in here. In the past, you could schedule a wake-up call at XYZ time and a character would be on the phone (an automated message). At one tie, it was Mickey and another it was Stitch.

I'm here now. I don't see anything. Where would I look?

Hi. Just read through the sticky. We'll be staying at CBR for the second time at the end of the month. My son really wants to stay in the "pink" section, but also wants the pull down bed. I noticed there are very few rooms listed in the sticky for Aruba with a pull down bed, and none in Aruba 51, which is where I really want to stay. I was just wondering if anyone had stayed in any rooms in Aruba 51 that had a pull down bed. Thank you!

I didn't see anyone else address your question (though I might have missed it) so let me help...each "Island" of buildings has its own bus stop, so no matter where you stay at the resort, you are close to a bus stop.

As for smoking...I don't think there were any smoking rooms in the resort, there are outside smoking areas...but enforcement has occasionally been noted as lax.
Thank you for weighing in! That's helpful! :) I had read in some reviews, and in some posts here about the cigarette smell, so I wasn't sure if there were smoking rooms! Thank you again! :)

Hi. Just read through the sticky. We'll be staying at CBR for the second time at the end of the month. My son really wants to stay in the "pink" section, but also wants the pull down bed. I noticed there are very few rooms listed in the sticky for Aruba with a pull down bed, and none in Aruba 51, which is where I really want to stay. I was just wondering if anyone had stayed in any rooms in Aruba 51 that had a pull down bed. Thank you!

Every building, except the Pirate Themed rooms in Trinidad South, have the same number of Murphy Beds. I'm not sure what that number is, but they're all the same.

Hopefully someone who has stayed more recently than I can chime in here. In the past, you could schedule a wake-up call at XYZ time and a character would be on the phone (an automated message). At one time, it was Mickey and another it was Stitch.

Currently Olaf is waking guests up on the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter