• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Their logic is "we can charge more for the least convenient rooms with some simple decor change." Genius idea.
Yes, and they tried to "upgrade" us so gratuitously last month and were met with a big NO thanks from me. Tried to sell me on the "upgrade" down to double beds and the furthest building from civilization. DH kept asking how this was an upgrade and all they could say is they cost more. :rotfl:

My son is still talking about his "big boy boat bed", so as far as the magic, it worked for him. For us, it was money well spent because he enjoyed himself and that was the whole point of our trip.
And I was excited to get my sword and eye patch from the Custom's House CM...my wife thought that I was crazy...took her 28 years to figure that out!!! :goofy:

First day down. We arrived around 11 am & our room wasn't ready. Not surprised though & I don't think this is resort specific, but day-of-check-in, level of capacity issue.

When will I learn to just have a down day instead of trying to go to a park on arrival day? :sad2: Pain in the rear trying to change into shorts in the lobby washroom, ripped my nail to the quick rummaging in luggage, nail file in checked luggage so MIA :rolleyes1.

Haven't seen much of the resort yet as it was dark when we got back from MK & I sent DH for bkfst supplies while I unpacked & showered the kiddos. CBR reminds me a lot of POR, except I :crazy2: POR busing. Good luck here so far (knock on wood).

One thing is certain, we'll pay for perferred every stay at a mod :thumbsup2. @mickeystoontown 2439 (Martinique preferred) has a murphy bed & is connecting to 2440.

ETA - no freezer in fridge.

The was over in the Beach Bum Roll Call Thread so thought I would copy it here too.

This reminded me that I didn't review Shutters!

I actually had dinner there the first night we arrived and it was pretty spectacular! Our waitress was amazingly helpful with her suggestions and even keeping my son entertained. The steak there was UNBELIEVABLE!! It was so juicy and good. The hostesses were also amazing in keeping the magic alive for my 2-year old. He is a character, but also can be quite fidgety when it comes to sitting still for dinners, so he scarfed down his food which came before ours and I ended up walking with him some in the lobby to keep from having him meltdown at the table and ruin everyone else's night. The hostesses, who he decided to chat away with, gave him a pirate bandana filled with little trinkets to play with (eye patch, crayons, coloring map, stress ball, and pirate themed kaleidoscope).

I usually stay at value resorts, (because we're of the mindset that the room is just to sleep in) but I think for longer more relaxed trips and for the magic and experience that we'll be staying at CBR a more often. We all really did have such a great time and a great experience.

At the airport, killing time while waiting for our flight home. Had a great time at the resort and at the parks. Thought I'd share our observations.

Shutters: ate there our first night and it was good. I can't give it a great but it was good. DH had steak and I had the crab cake appetizer and a salad. Didn't have room for dessert even though that was why I got an appetizer.

The resort: no complaints at all. Housekeeping was good, room was always made up even when we got back early afternoon. We got extra shampoo and soap every day.
Location was a little bit inconvenient but we didn't mind. Aruba 5461, king bed, corner room. When we were in our room, we felt like no one was there but us, it was so quiet. Also loved the vegetation at the resort.

Port royale: we didn't use it much even though we had refillable mugs. We had breakfast there one morning which was ok. Used pool one night there but mostly swam in the quiet pool which was lovely.

Busses: didn't use. We had no problem driving and parking though. Parks weren't that bad.

Cast members: fantastic!

Finally, our overall thought about CBR-we liked it but were not wowed. I wouldn't have a problem staying there again but we both decided we preferred CSR. I think it might have been different if we had kids but we're older and came without the granddaughter.

2439 location is awesome! Just seconds from the Martinique bus stop, pool & laundry. Really close to OPR too.

We've had some bad luck today. My second twin vomited in the line for Baymax & a couple more times on the way back to CBR. I had to scramble to cancel our GG reservation for tonight & remembered Shutters. Really good steak! They got take-out ready for us while we started laundry & cleaned up the kiddo. Even let us borrow their steak knife.

We did have a really good time at MK this AM. Made it to RD. Excellent spot for the opening show. Rode 7DMT & had a bun at Gaston's. Rode BTMRR, but got stuck for 30 mins in PoC which kept breaking down.

We changed it up after that & spent the rest of the morning trading pins & playing SoTMK for the first time - so much fun!!

At the airport killing time. Will do a much more thorough report in the trip report section.

We stayed here for 6 nights after spending the first two at POP.

They were absolutely night and day! We had room 4252 in Jamaica. It was so quiet and being the first stop on the bus route was tremendous. We caught every bus that came by at the resort. Only time we had to wait for a second bus was Friday after the debut of the new Star Wars fireworks.

The bed was sooooo comfortable. We checked and it is a beautyrest.

Shutters was one of our better meals of the week! It was so nice to know there was a good restaurant on site. Make sure to try the steak, egg, and cheese quesadilla at the food court for breakfast.

It was a little bit of a hike to Old Port Royale so we didn't get a great use of the refillable mugs but that was ok.

Also we did refill our water bottles with sink water at night and put in the fridge for the morning. If you put the temp on the coldest setting it would go, the water would be a little slushy by the morning. And it tasted pretty good as well to us.

Overall we were very happy. I think next time we will try Riverside next time to get a different experience.

4151 has a Murphy and is not connecting.

We arrived yesterday, CBR is our sentimental favorite resort because it was the first resort we ever stayed at. But now we are here it is the best resort room by far. We have spent a couple of weeks touring the resorts to see what the others are like but we are now at CBR for 14 nights. CBR imho is way better than OKW and BWI - turns out we are not deluxe people, we need to the fun and people of the moderate level - we love a bustling food court and a pool full of people having fun.

Our room is perfect, we love the new decor - compared to old CBR the beds are super comfortable (also way more comfortable than OKW they were hard), the room layout is brilliant lots of cupboards for everything, and we have a ton of stuff and I have got pretty much everything off the floor, lots of table tops to just dump stuff, lots of plugs to plug things in, love the doors in front of bathroom rather than curtain. Everything is so shiny and new. Judging by number of people who got off bus at Jamiaca, there are a lot of people in this part but we had no noise at night whereas at both other resorts we got woken up by people. I am just so happy with CBR. I feel like I am finally home in this trip (we normally do CBR first when we come but this time I mixed it up, never again).

Just an FYI, I have updated the informational pages to include the difference between standard and preferred rooms (only difference is the location...decor and size are the same) and updated the pull-down bed list. If I happened to miss a post that included a room number with a pull down, please tag me or message me.

4151 has a Murphy and is not connecting.

We arrived yesterday, CBR is our sentimental favorite resort because it was the first resort we ever stayed at. But now we are here it is the best resort room by far. We have spent a couple of weeks touring the resorts to see what the others are like but we are now at CBR for 14 nights. CBR imho is way better than OKW and BWI - turns out we are not deluxe people, we need to the fun and people of the moderate level - we love a bustling food court and a pool full of people having fun.

Our room is perfect, we love the new decor - compared to old CBR the beds are super comfortable (also way more comfortable than OKW they were hard), the room layout is brilliant lots of cupboards for everything, and we have a ton of stuff and I have got pretty much everything off the floor, lots of table tops to just dump stuff, lots of plugs to plug things in, love the doors in front of bathroom rather than curtain. Everything is so shiny and new. Judging by number of people who got off bus at Jamiaca, there are a lot of people in this part but we had no noise at night whereas at both other resorts we got woken up by people. I am just so happy with CBR. I feel like I am finally home in this trip (we normally do CBR first when we come but this time I mixed it up, never again).

So glad you're enjoying your stay! We have not been able to stay anywhere else since our first stay at CBR.

It's been 12 years since our first stay at CBR...Christmas 2003. My boys were 9 and 8. Walking around the resort after getting back from the parks, trying to get them to wind down, the sounds of the resort, them thinking that the hammocks were the coolest thing on earth, and them walking down the sand to the lake...makes me feel old. Now my oldest son is a PFC in the US Army, and my youngest is thinking about doing para-rescue in the United States Air Force. And the Army son wants to go back to WDW after his deployment. Can't take away those memories.

For all of you at WDW right now, Merry Christmas and enjoy these times.

It's been 12 years since our first stay at CBR...Christmas 2003. My boys were 9 and 8. Walking around the resort after getting back from the parks, trying to get them to wind down, the sounds of the resort, them thinking that the hammocks were the coolest thing on earth, and them walking down the sand to the lake...makes me feel old. Now my oldest son is a PFC in the US Army, and my youngest is thinking about doing para-rescue in the United States Air Force. And the Army son wants to go back to WDW after his deployment. Can't take away those memories.

For all of you at WDW right now, Merry Christmas and enjoy these times.
Your post brought tears to my eyes. My kids are 5 and 8 right now and I know the years are fleeting....

The steak there was UNBELIEVABLE!!

Agreed! The steak I got at Shutters was the best of the trip, which included visits to both Le Cellier and Narcoossee's. I was skeptical about Shutters going in, but they blew me away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter