• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Is there a place that maps out what each room at the resort is considered? I know with some of the other Disney resorts there are websites that map out the whole resort and details what each room is considered (level-wise)....does anyone know of anything like that for CBR?

Not that I know of. I know that Touring Plans has a tool that supposedly does that but I know it is extremely inaccurate. Especially for CBR.

But I do know the following:

Every building has 16 rooms designated as King (Except the Pirate Themed Rooms)
Every Village has some Water View rooms
The rooms in Trinidad North are either Preferred, Water View or King
The rooms in Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are either Preferred, Water View or King
The rooms in Martinique 21, 22 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Martinique 23 are either Standard or King
The rooms in Barbados 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Barbados 16 are either Standard or King
The rooms in Aruba 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 and 56 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Jamaica 41, 42, 43, 44 and 45 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Jamaica 46 are either Standard or King
The rooms in Trinidad South 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 and 39 are either Pirate Themed or Pirate Themed Water View

Not that I know of. I know that Touring Plans has a tool that supposedly does that but I know it is extremely inaccurate. Especially for CBR.

But I do know the following:

Every building has 16 rooms designated as King (Except the Pirate Themed Rooms)
Every Village has some Water View rooms
The rooms in Trinidad North are either Preferred, Water View or King
The rooms in Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are either Preferred, Water View or King
The rooms in Martinique 21, 22 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Martinique 23 are either Standard or King
The rooms in Barbados 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Barbados 16 are either Standard or King
The rooms in Aruba 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 and 56 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Jamaica 41, 42, 43, 44 and 45 are either Standard, Water View or King
The rooms in Jamaica 46 are either Standard or King
The rooms in Trinidad South 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 and 39 are either Pirate Themed or Pirate Themed Water View

OMG...thank you so much, that definitely helps. I had looked at the Touring Plans thing, but it seemed really off, so this def. helps. Thanks!

Okay, here's a question: if we want to be at the building/standard rooms closest to Port Royal but not a preferred room, which is closest: Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 or Martinique 21-23?

Okay, here's a question: if we want to be at the building/standard rooms closest to Port Royal but not a preferred room, which is closest: Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 or Martinique 21-23?

I don't think you could tell the difference in the distances from any of those, maybe Martinique 21 is the farthest of them all. Otherwise they are all pretty much the same distance.

Hardly anything in it. Aruba & Jamaica would pass the children's playground, depends whether that's a bonus or a daily distraction.

Having stayed in all 3 locations, I found Martinique 22, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are identical. Then Martinique 21 and 23 are slightly farther, but not noticeably so.

Having stayed in all 3 locations, I found Martinique 22, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are identical. Then Martinique 21 and 23 are slightly farther, but not noticeably so.
Super. You guys are AWESOME resources of information

Woohoo as of today my 1 week stay at CBR in February is paid off! Doing the happy dance! :dogdance:

Martinique is next to OPR. It is a short walk...we were in Martinique 23...2330 to be exact. It is splitting hairs. No a bad walk from either of your suggested resort numbers.

We actually had the best experience with buses at CBR in May. We rarely ever waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and only once on a 9 night stay did we wait more than 10 minutes. I read a lot of the complaints as well and had a fabulous experience.

I just got back from CBR last night and we also had a great experience. We stayed in a Standard Pirate room in Trinidad South and even though I had read the bus situation would be horrible, we never had a problem. Thursday was maybe the only day we experienced a packed bus when it got to us but it really wasn't so bad that we felt we should wait for another. We had a 4 night stay. The walk to OPR wasn't so bad, and our 2-year old actually insisted on walking instead of sitting in the stroller most of the times we did that walk. I definitely wasn't close enough to go for a late night soda refill or anything like that, but the walk also wasn't horrible.

I didn't experience any room smells and the trip was just magic for all of us. This was also my first time staying at a moderate resort as opposed to the value resorts. We chose this one specifically for the kids water adventure experience. My son loved the water slides and the splash bucket, and we had a lot of fun with him. The Pirate room was also a huge hit with him. I do wish they had the pirate themed rooms a little closer to OPR, but we thought it would be a better experience for my son with the Pirate room than the convenience of a short walk to OPR. Hopefully in the future, they will also refurbish some of the rooms closer to OPR to be Pirate Themed, because I feel that those rooms are great for the little ones, but to have it so far away from the kids splah pad and the playground is a bit counter productive.

Arrived this morning. Got my room requests kinda... 2nd floor and corner room, but it's an inside corner instead of outside. I'll take it though since we were magically pixie dusted with an upgrade to a water view room. We are in Aruba... Pretty close to the bridge!! Room is clean and no smells. I was starting to worry.

Waiting now for someone to come unlock our safe while my family sleeps off our 3 a.m. wake up.

Can't remember what beach you can see Epcot fireworks from? Anyone remember?

We had the same issue! We were in 3219 in Trinidad north. My dad was in 3220 and his room was fine. Our smell was cigarette-ish. We were afraid to ask to move bc we wanted to be next door to my dad and we HAD to be downstairs bc he had an ECV. Hope it gets better!
We noticed both rooms had this smell. When we got home it was even more noticeable- didn't notice it so much there, but unpacking at home I had to re-wash everything!!

I just got back from CBR last night and we also had a great experience. We stayed in a Standard Pirate room in Trinidad South and even though I had read the bus situation would be horrible, we never had a problem. Thursday was maybe the only day we experienced a packed bus when it got to us but it really wasn't so bad that we felt we should wait for another. We had a 4 night stay. The walk to OPR wasn't so bad, and our 2-year old actually insisted on walking instead of sitting in the stroller most of the times we did that walk. I definitely wasn't close enough to go for a late night soda refill or anything like that, but the walk also wasn't horrible.

I didn't experience any room smells and the trip was just magic for all of us. This was also my first time staying at a moderate resort as opposed to the value resorts. We chose this one specifically for the kids water adventure experience. My son loved the water slides and the splash bucket, and we had a lot of fun with him. The Pirate room was also a huge hit with him. I do wish they had the pirate themed rooms a little closer to OPR, but we thought it would be a better experience for my son with the Pirate room than the convenience of a short walk to OPR. Hopefully in the future, they will also refurbish some of the rooms closer to OPR to be Pirate Themed, because I feel that those rooms are great for the little ones, but to have it so far away from the kids splah pad and the playground is a bit counter productive.

I think it's pretty standard that Disney tends to do these themed rooms in more remote parts of the resort. I've heard people say it's done on purpose because if the rooms further out were just plain standard rooms no one would ever want to stay in them. But this way it makes them attractive. Sounds plausible.

Glad you had a great stay though. I can't wait to go back myself.

I think it's pretty standard that Disney tends to do these themed rooms in more remote parts of the resort. I've heard people say it's done on purpose because if the rooms further out were just plain standard rooms no one would ever want to stay in them. But this way it makes them attractive. Sounds plausible.

Glad you had a great stay though. I can't wait to go back myself.

I think if your looking for a value with the perks of a moderate or higher resort, people would be willing to stay in them. I know I would. I picked the pirate rooms simply because I wanted the theme room and paid an upgraded charge for the room. If I wanted a standard room, I would be under the impression that it would be further out and not be within a short walk to OPR. I think their logic is slightly flawed, but ok.

I think if your looking for a value with the perks of a moderate or higher resort, people would be willing to stay in them. I know I would. I picked the pirate rooms simply because I wanted the theme room and paid an upgraded charge for the room. If I wanted a standard room, I would be under the impression that it would be further out and not be within a short walk to OPR. I think their logic is slightly flawed, but ok.

Their logic is "we can charge more for the least convenient rooms with some simple decor change." Genius idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter