Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did online check in so I technically don't have to go to the front desk right? They can just text me my room
#? But if they pre-assign the room # before we even get there, is there a way to request a joining room w family traveling w us?

Just because you do online check in does not guarantee you'll be able to go straight to your room. After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 2 weeks before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process. Once you arrive at CBR, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at CBR head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

I have heard that there is construction on the bridge from the main area to the Aruba/Jamaica area. Anyone know when it is supposed to be completed? We were hoping to stay there, but don't want to if we're going to have to circle the whole lake to get to everything. Backup plan is to request Martinique. :/ TIA!

I have heard that there is construction on the bridge from the main area to the Aruba/Jamaica area. Anyone know when it is supposed to be completed? We were hoping to stay there, but don't want to if we're going to have to circle the whole lake to get to everything. Backup plan is to request Martinique. :/ TIA!

There's been no announced time it will be completed by. Friends who are there now said the Concierge told them it should be completed by Dec. 1st.

From disneytravelagents.com;

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Bridge Closure
The main bridge going from Aruba and Jamaica to Old Port Royale will be closed. Guests may take a shuttle, internal van, or boat from Aruba to Bike Works.

Aug. 3 - Nov. 26, 2015

Bridge Closure
The main bridge going from Aruba and Jamaica to Old Port Royale will be closed. Guests may take a shuttle, internal van, or boat from Aruba to Bike Works.

Aug. 3 - Nov. 26, 2015

Thanks Bill! :thumbsup2 Maybe they are already behind, or the Concierge may have just pulled Dec.1st out of his you know what.

Bridge Closure

Aug. 3 - Nov. 26, 2015

Thanks for posting! It reminded me that I need to put this in the first post and now it's done.

When I booked CBR last spring for our trip this November...we did not know about the bridge construction. I booked a water view as I was hoping to stay in building 45 Jamaica. Last year we had a perfect corner room on the 2nd floor overlooking the bridge. I tried to change my reservation to the preferred rooms but they are allbooked. We need to be close to Old port Royale. My son is on the autism spectrum and the shuttle bus would cause a major meltdown. We will be there for 13 nights and go to OPR several times a day.
We have paid in full and will be at CBR nov 8-21. What building in Martinique should we request? One that is convenient to the bus and OPR.
I am thinking of canceling this trip...will lose my deposit...but $200 is a small loss ..rather than $5-6k.
My dh is the eternal optimist but I hate the uncertainty of being stuck in no mans land.

When I booked CBR last spring for our trip this November...we did not know about the bridge construction. I booked a water view as I was hoping to stay in building 45 Jamaica. Last year we had a perfect corner room on the 2nd floor overlooking the bridge. I tried to change my reservation to the preferred rooms but they are allbooked. We need to be close to Old port Royale. My son is on the autism spectrum and the shuttle bus would cause a major meltdown. We will be there for 13 nights and go to OPR several times a day.
We have paid in full and will be at CBR nov 8-21. What building in Martinique should we request? One that is convenient to the bus and OPR.
I am thinking of canceling this trip...will lose my deposit...but $200 is a small loss ..rather than $5-6k.
My dh is the eternal optimist but I hate the uncertainty of being stuck in no mans land.
Cancelling a trip because of a possible meltdown is silly....you'll do just fine and find a way to prevent or minimize it

The memories you create will outlive the meltdown(s)

Martinique Building 23 is not a preferred building and is on the same side of the lake as Old Port Royale. I would call them and explain your situation to them in the hope that they will grant your request. While not exactly for the same reason, we have had to make requests due to medical reasons. All of the villages have a bus stop so you won't be far from one. When calling in your requests, I'd make sure that you list them in the order of importance to you. Sounds like #1 needs to be close to OPR due to medical reasons.

Because you're booked in a water view room, I would request Trinidad North or Martinique. There are a bunch of water view rooms located in buildings that also have preferred rooms. Other than booking a preferred room, water view is your greatest chance to be in a preferred building.

My parents always book water view and have been in a preferred building every time.

:wizard: Just saw that the bridge is closed for refurb. Any idea what they're planning to do?

We got back Wednesday evening. Still going through Disney withdrawal, but I thought I'd share my thoughts about the resort.

This was our second time staying at CBR. The resort is beautiful and relaxing and the remodel is lovely. This time we were in Barbados (1326 no murphy bed), which was a bit of a walk from OPR when you are already exhausted from the parks. In 2009 we were in Aruba, building 51 and with the bridge open it seemed to be a shorter walk (of course it could have just been the fact that I was younger and weighed less:P)

The rooms: The only complaint I have about the remodel is the sink height. My DD5 could barely reach, even standing on the bottom shelf. Mousekeeping kept the rooms clean, and the beds were pretty comfortable, but after a couple days, my lower back was not happy. I've heard others say their rooms were warm, but ours was always cold.

The food: not a fan of the quick service food. We ate there three times. The omelette was decent, and the kids liked their Mickey waffles, but the biscuits, french toast and eggs :crazy2:. This wasn't limited to just the resort, Disney quick service breakfast is sub par. Had Dinner at QS once, burger was dry, can get better at any fastfood chain. Now Shutters was DELICIOUS! The char crusted stake was a favorite and the bread pudding is amazing:cloud9:! Wasn't planning on going there, but soooo glad we did!

The pool: We attempted to go to the main pool once, but found it was closed due to poop, and not the "Baby Ruth" variety.... So we had a quick dip in the quiet pool. It was nice, but DD5 didn't like it much because she could barely reach the bottom of the pool so we didn't stay long.

EMS (yes, the tradition meaning): I hope you never have to call EMS while at Disney, but if you do, this is the resort you want to be at (right across the street). So on our second evening DD wasn't feeling well, so she and DH went back to the room for a nap. when they woke up, DH called to say she felt a little warm, so I suggested he give her a children's Advil chewable (she's taken ibuprofen since infancy). She immediately starts screaming that her throat burns, water makes it worse, still screaming, says it hurts to breath:eek:. DH freaks out, calls me at Epcot, I tell him to call the front desk and ask about first aid. I rush back to the room, which took maybe 15-20 min. By the time I got there, the medic is already finishing up with her. Apparently, a tiny piece of the chewable got stuck in her throat because it was dry and cause the "burning" feeling:faint:. Whew! DH said EMS arrived in less that 5 min after he talked to the person at the front desk. She was fine! but something else to note, no charge for EMS! Apparently Disney doesn't charge for their EMS services:wizard:! So I'm not sure if proximity to EMS and Fire services is considered a perk of the resort, but we thought so!;)

Smoke: Speaking of fire, smokers, please don't throw your butts off the balcony or into the mulch! One night we kept smelling smoke or burning outside our room, but couldn't find anything. The next morning it was still there, called the desk a second time, this time they found a cigarette butt someone through in the mulch which was smoldering. I like things that remind me of rides, but the burning of Rome scene from Spaceship Earth is not one I want to relive at the resort!
Totally agree with the sink height. It has been a chore getting his teeth brush during our stay.

Got back from CBR this past Saturday (9/19). Requested Aruba or Barbados, got Martinique 2130...not a preferred location, but near to both the Barbados pool and Martinique pool. Sat in the hammocks a couple of nights and listened to/watched the EPCOT fireworks. On Monday (9/14), while coming back from a great meal at Shutter's, seen a 12-15 inch snake by the kitchen door of Shutter's...had some lady swatting at it with a menu and another lady freaking out about the snake and she was about 15 feet away from the whole situation...(If it was one of the posters, sorry for making light of the situation).

Bus transportation to the parks was excellent, but on Thursday, we took a cab to MK for a ADR at 8:05AM, and our cabbie got lost. Dropped us off at the Transportation Center instead of Contemporary Resort so we could walk to the MK...barely made it in time to MK.

Rooms were clean and we asked for an extra blanket and 2 extra towels a day...got both.

CBR had a pontoon shuttle from Jamaica and Aruba to OPR, and the internal buses seemed to be running more frequently.

All in all, another great stay at CBR...only 11.5 more months until our next trip.

What non preferred areas is everyone requesting? I think my motion sickness is too bad to ride the shuttle they are offering with the bridge closed, so I prefer to just walk. Last year we stayed in Jamaica 41, and just walked to OPR. I'm not sure how the other villages compare in that walk to OPR given the bridge is closed. We didn't feel like the walk from Jamaica was too bad. I need to do online check in, but just can't decide what building to request(not that we will get it). Any suggestions?

Cancelling a trip because of a possible meltdown is silly....you'll do just fine and find a way to prevent or minimize it

The memories you create will outlive the meltdown(s)
I know it is silly. Last year we were at CBR nov 1-15. We loved the cooler weather and the low crowds. Had no problems getting dining reservations or fast passes. The planning for the trip this year has been a nightmare. Dining reservations are limited as are fast passes @ MK.
Totally agree with the sink height. It has been a chore getting his teeth brush during our stay.

They sell these little collapsible stools that fold flat....for the little ones to reach the sink.

Martinique Building 23 is not a preferred building and is on the same side of the lake as Old Port Royale. I would call them and explain your situation to them in the hope that they will grant your request. While not exactly for the same reason, we have had to make requests due to medical reasons. All of the villages have a bus stop so you won't be far from one. When calling in your requests, I'd make sure that you list them in the order of importance to you. Sounds like #1 needs to be close to OPR due to medical reasons.
Thanks, I will try that.

Because you're booked in a water view room, I would request Trinidad North or Martinique. There are a bunch of water view rooms located in buildings that also have preferred rooms. Other than booking a preferred room, water view is your greatest chance to be in a preferred building.

My parents always book water view and have been in a preferred building every time.

I hope I have your parents luck. I just got the letter from Disney re the bridge closure. I will call them in the morning and request to be a short walking distance to OPR. We loved Jamaica last year but not being able to use the bridge will definitely be a problem for DS ..
This board is wonderful and thank you for all the encouragement.[/QUOTE]

What non preferred areas is everyone requesting? I think my motion sickness is too bad to ride the shuttle they are offering with the bridge closed, so I prefer to just walk. Last year we stayed in Jamaica 41, and just walked to OPR. I'm not sure how the other villages compare in that walk to OPR given the bridge is closed. We didn't feel like the walk from Jamaica was too bad. I need to do online check in, but just can't decide what building to request(not that we will get it). Any suggestions?

The closest non preferred buildings are

Martinique 21, 22 and 23
Barbados 14, 15 and 16

FYI, you are not able to request specific buildings during online check in. You will need to call the main reservations line and add a request to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

Wait, I booked a water view (it was the only thing available for Free Dining). Does that mean it is possible I could be placed in Martinique or Trinidad North even though I didn't book preferred? Mind you, I know that it wouldn't be guaranteed, but this gives me hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter