Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add us to the list. We're celebrating our 35th by going on a cruise for a week, then 3 days at CBR. We haven't stayed her since 1996, but wanted to try it again since they renovated.

Add us to the list - we're checking in September 27 - October 3, 2015. It'll be our 16th Anniversary and our daughter will turn 4 during the trip. Our second trip to CBR and we are looking forward to it!

YAY add me to the list! Hubby and I will be there Aug 6-13 for our 5 year anniversary! Finally booked :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Congrats on 5 years. Coming down in September for our 27th.

Please add us to the list. We're celebrating our 35th by going on a cruise for a week, then 3 days at CBR. We haven't stayed her since 1996, but wanted to try it again since they renovated.

Add us to the list - we're checking in September 27 - October 3, 2015. It'll be our 16th Anniversary and our daughter will turn 4 during the trip. Our second trip to CBR and we are looking forward to it!

Wow. Congrats to everyone celebrating anniversaries! :love: No better place to celebrate than WDW, and especially CBR! :jumping1:

That's a bummer! We've been working really hard on our credit for a long time now (after college indiscretions) but it is pretty good now. Especially after my husband convinced me to use the CC for everything and pay balance off every month. We have a couple different rewards cards and boy does stuff add up. For past few years pretty much Christmas shop for free on Amazon with points. And we paid for plane tickets last year with points (disney and Vegas). We got the free offer for premium Disney Chase-we got approved today (sheesh-enough to book disney cruises for 5 of us for next 3 years LOL). My DH laughed at the $500 spend to get the $200 free gift card (with business-he can charge that in a few days). I'd definitely find out why you were turned down-we had an error on our credit report several years back-took a bit to clear up (so annoying that THEY make a mistake and can report it immediately but they take months to clear up and correct) but better to get it taken care of:):goodvibes

They said it's because I haven't had a credit account for long enough, only a year. But that's alright I've had suggestions from a couple awesome helpers that told me some other cards, not chase, that actually have better rewards and can save you more money on a Disney trip. And I realised that if I have the debit card, I will still have first dibs at the special deals, we can still use the photo spot for chase members, and still get the same discounts. Everything is only 1% cash back rather than 2. Hopefully I get this all set soon though! thank you!

Do you already have another Chase/JP Morgan card?? if you do they really dont like to give you another one. Could be that and nothing to do with your credit , hope it gets sorted out for you..that totally sucks

No I only have a cabelas and a Costco amex. They said it's because I don't have much credit history. Oh well I'll work my way around it lol. Thank you!

Be sure to call them when you get the letter. My husband applied last summer & was denied. When we got the letter & called, they told us he didn't "have enough credit history", which is completely untrue. We have exceptional credit. After he spoke with the guy for a few minutes, they gave us a card. The credit limit was tiny, but they upped it to a decent amount within a few months without us even asking. I personally think they just reject people and then if you care enough to call, they'll give you a card.

I was thinking about calling and seeing if I could even add a guarantor onto my account like I had to with the first card I ever got. Hopefully they'll be able to do something! Thank you!

Only 2 months away, already got my fast pass selections in this morning. We got a preferred room this time but mainly because we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AOA and the walk to the bus stop was terrible.

My family and I will be at CBR from 6/6-6/13!!! I have a question....if I do online check-in and bypass the front desk...how will I know where our room is? Do you get specific information in the text? Do you have to at least stop to get a resort map? Is the welcome envelope waiting for you in your room?

Thanks!

Couple of questions...

Do the have sugar and creamer packets with the coffee? Sugar is easy enough to bring, but creamer is a little bulkier. Not really a big deal if I need to since I have to bring baby food anyway. Just trying to get my list together sooner rather than later.

Does anyone know if they have plain yogurt in the little shop? I'd like it for the baby. If not, I may experiment with freezing some beforehand.

The baby is a sensitive sleeper. We've added a sound machine to his room that we'll be bringing with us. I'll also be getting him used to the pnp (possibly in our room) before the trip. Hopefully that does the trick, but if not, can anyone tell me if the pnp will fit in the "closet"? I think the sound machine with the sliding doors would suffice, and we could manage without the bathroom once he goes to bed.

Just checked my pictures ... we were in a king room and there were 2 on each beside table and 2 beside the TV ... plenty for us!! Hubby used his for his blackberry & Ipad, i used mine for my Kindle. We didn't need to use the others but did find the outlets beside the TV (in the same place as the USB) handy for the camera battery!
I had no idea they added these. This is awesome!

My family and I will be at CBR from 6/6-6/13!!! I have a question....if I do online check-in and bypass the front desk...how will I know where our room is? Do you get specific information in the text?

I am editing this from my previous reply as somebody who is there right now posted that within the text that says your room number, there is a link to the online map.

Do you have to at least stop to get a resort map?

You can if you want to, but you don't have to. If you're worried about it, you could print off a copy of the map in post #1.

Is the welcome envelope waiting for you in your room?

Thanks!

Yup, it is supposed to be.

Last edited:
Couple of questions...

Do the have sugar and creamer packets with the coffee? Sugar is easy enough to bring, but creamer is a little bulkier. Not really a big deal if I need to since I have to bring baby food anyway. Just trying to get my list together sooner rather than later.

Does anyone know if they have plain yogurt in the little shop? I'd like it for the baby. If not, I may experiment with freezing some beforehand.

The baby is a sensitive sleeper. We've added a sound machine to his room that we'll be bringing with us. I'll also be getting him used to the pnp (possibly in our room) before the trip. Hopefully that does the trick, but if not, can anyone tell me if the pnp will fit in the "closet"? I think the sound machine with the sliding doors would suffice, and we could manage without the bathroom once he goes to bed.

I had no idea they added these. This is awesome!
They have creamer.

Now on to some serious problems....How do I get a ticker in my posts?!?!?!? :goofy::mickeyjum

Now on to some serious problems....How do I get a ticker in my posts?!?!?!? :goofy::mickeyjum

Go here:

http://www.distickers.com/ticker/main.php

On the left hand side select vacation countdown.
Go through the steps to select what your ticker will look like.
On the final page you will click on create ticker.
You will see what our ticker will look like. If you're happy with it, copy the text that's in the second box labeled as PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ or BBCode
Come back to the DIS, hover your mouse over your screen name in the upper right corner and select Signature
In your Signature, paste the text you copied from the website

:thumbsup2

Go here:

http://www.distickers.com/ticker/main.php

On the left hand side select vacation countdown.
Go through the steps to select what your ticker will look like.
On the final page you will click on create ticker.
You will see what our ticker will look like. If you're happy with it, copy the text that's in the second box labeled as PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ or BBCode
Come back to the DIS, hover your mouse over your screen name in the upper right corner and select Signature
In your Signature, paste the text you copied from the website

:thumbsup2
You are da man!!! :mickeyjum:goofy:

Only 2 months away, already got my fast pass selections in this morning. We got a preferred room this time but mainly because we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AOA and the walk to the bus stop was terrible.
You won't be far from a bus stop at CBR no matter what category you booked. AoA only has 1 bus stop and yeah, LM rooms are a hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter