Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here!

We didn't get our Martinique request though. Instead, we got connecting rooms in Jamaica 45. Brilliant if the bridge wasn't closed.

However, have just walked to OPR. Took 10 minutes, so not much of an issue.

Pretty much dark by this time so will have a better feel of the resort tomorrow.
Good to hear. We also requested connecting rooms in Martinique. I am doubtful that we will get it, but connecting rooms is more important than location. Keep us posted on your trip, we are heading here for the first time in 3 weeks. Have a great time!!

After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 5-10 days before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up, like you posted above, stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process. Once you arrive at CBR, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at CBR head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

Thank you!! I was just a little confused. We always do Fort Wilderness so checking into a Disney hotel confuses me. Lol. However they want us to check in is fine, 20 days to go. Woohoo!!

We are here!

We didn't get our Martinique request though. Instead, we got connecting rooms in Jamaica 45. Brilliant if the bridge wasn't closed.

However, have just walked to OPR. Took 10 minutes, so not much of an issue.

Pretty much dark by this time so will have a better feel of the resort tomorrow.
Could you tell me what rooms are connecting? I plan on asking for Jamaica 45 (bridge will be open)

The 4 times we had connecting rooms - they are all corner room and the room next door. Not sure if that's all the connecting rooms but we've always had the corner room as one of the rooms.

Used the Jamaica - OPR shuttle tonight, excellent service. I think if weather is dodgy we'll use that, if it's fine we'll walk. Shuttle driver told me Nov 27th is new date of bridge reopening.

Changed our plans slightly this morning and decided to leave for Animal Kingdom directly from OPR rather than going to the bother of getting back to Jamaica. Bus arrived at OPR bus stop within a minute of us getting there. Coming back from park, CBR bus arrived within 2 minutes and dropped off at Jamaica first.

DH, DS (2) and I will be staying at CBR in February for DS's first Disney trip! We are trying to decide between a Standard room and a Preferred room. We will probably eat breakfast in the room and do other meals in the parks, but if weather is good we will be using the pool a lot. Any recommendations for Standard vs. Preferred while traveling with a young toddler? Thanks!

DH, DS (2) and I will be staying at CBR in February for DS's first Disney trip! We are trying to decide between a Standard room and a Preferred room. We will probably eat breakfast in the room and do other meals in the parks, but if weather is good we will be using the pool a lot. Any recommendations for Standard vs. Preferred while traveling with a young toddler? Thanks!
Preferred puts you a little closer to the resort pools, but it is not that big of a deal. We had a double stroller a long time back and the biggest request we had was ground floor. And if you do breakfast in the room, then being close to OPR is not that big of a deal as well. Although, the pool at OPR has a zero-entry and is great for little ones. Enjoy.

So what are my chances of getting both of my requests - ground floor and Martinique?

I request ground floor and Barbadoes and got both requests.

That's what I requested, so I can let you know in TWO DAYS!!! if we got our requests. pixiedust:

It's impossible to say what your chances are because whether you get your request granted depends on things nobody here will know; occupancy and how many others requested the same thing. Past results are no guarantee of future success. :thumbsup2

I am trying to finish packing and I can't remember if they have a blow dryer in the room? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter