Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We tried going out the front doors and walking around to see if that was less walking from the Inn side but it didn't feel like it helped cut anything down. We've stayed at BWI for so many nights over the years and walked to HS so many times it just feels like less walking using the path by the main pool. I'm all about whatever is fewer steps mixed with time saved. I consider both since the boat is always fewer steps but we rarely, if ever, take it. Personally, I find walking 100% preferred over standing so we always avoid standing to wait on a boat. If there's one right there when we walk up at HS, and we can get on it, then maybe we'll take it. Mostly, we've walked.

I put a blue line in the spot where you join the path to HS if you use the pool shortcut
A green line where you join the path if you walk inside the building
That's what you save
Not sure exactly how PP came out by the tennis courts though. Unless they cut through the parking lot, which is what we tried when we used the front door but it feels like way more walking that way. There are bushes all along the path until you reach where the green line is so you can't cut through anywhere.

View attachment 775321
Yes, we exit at the green line and find it more direct, and you can sort of see the stairs down to the path, so I suppose it would have been more accurate to say near-ish the tennis courts, but I was more indicating the direction. You can also risk breaking your ankle by scurrying down the rocks to the path, but I don’t recommend that.

If going from HS to BW on the Inn side, is the boat the easiest way? It will be August and heat unbearable, so wondering the best way to get back for a quick bite or snack? We would also be going back to HS after we eat. We are staying CL and I want us to get our monies worth! LOL.

If going from HS to BW on the Inn side, is the boat the easiest way? It will be August and heat unbearable, so wondering the best way to get back for a quick bite or snack? We would also be going back to HS after we eat. We are staying CL and I want us to get our monies worth! LOL.
I've been known to Uber/Lyft between BoardWalk and Hollywood Studios when it's August and the heat is getting to me. Obviously not the most economical way to go, but sometimes you realize that you've pushed yourself too far.

in August I would take the boat. I find them to take about the same time but there isn’t much shade on the walkway.

I don’t think it is worth going back for lunch. The new offerings in the club are light. When I was last there they had veggies and dip, bagged chips, cheese, maybe a few other things but it was not a meal.

You can do what I did. Get on the Skyliner from HS and get off at Caribbean Beach and have a snack there...or...get on the connection to Riviera. Prima Piatto or Bar Riva are pretty amazing!

Easiest, no
Least taxing, yes.
Boat from HS stops at Swan/Dolphin and YC/BC before BWI. You will get back faster walking (even me, who walks v e r y slow beats the boat back). You can always get off at an earlier stop but personally, find walking back from HS preferable from walking from YC/BC or Swan/Dolphin as those routes are not flat. At least the route from HS is flat.

We've done it all temps and lived to tell about it, and we are old and v e r y out of shape, LOL
I bring water with me when leaving HS. Grab a bottle or fill a cup before heading out

in August I would take the boat. I find them to take about the same time but there isn’t much shade on the walkway.

I don’t think it is worth going back for lunch. The new offerings in the club are light. When I was last there they had veggies and dip, bagged chips, cheese, maybe a few other things but it was not a meal.
Agreed regarding lunch.
Absolutely do not return just for that. If you are going back to rest/cool off, sure. stop in and grab snacks. We get bags of chips to leave in the room for when we get back in the evenings.

A little but honestly, not worth it. It may save 2, 3 min less time outside. The door is not right at the sidewalk like BC. You have to wind your way through BWV. If you are staying on the Inn side it's just not a help. We used it once but never again. It's just easier to go ahead and cut around the pool and walk.

ETA
Something that is easier for folks who are stair adverse for any reason, walk across the lobby and take the Villa side elevators down to the first floor and come out at the pool. Inn side elevators are convoluted in regards to reaching Boardwalk level. You don't increase any walking to use the Villa elevators. I think my issue with the door is I feel like I walk more steps winding through the Villa end than I do if I just walk by the pool. If you staying on the Villa side that could very well be a different story.

We always take the route Mrs.AMC is referencing. Walk through Inn to Villas, turn left and walk as far you can, keeping to the left. At the end, down the stairs (if you don’t want stairs, take the elevator as soon as you get to the villa side), and out the door. You come out by the tennis courts, just a few few yards from a set of stairs to take you down to the path. I always feel like I’m almost there by the time I get outside. It’s great at the end of the day as well, especially if it’s raining or has been blazing hot.
Perfect- thanks!
We’ll be there mid September so rain and high temps are likely.
Good to know all this 🙂.

I want to say we usually boat to s&d and walk back to any of the boardwalk resorts from there when ts summer. It’s fastest with least steps. Dd and I do 20,00- plus steps a day but midday that full walk can get hot.

Dont forget to call housekeeping for extra towels if needed, We take so many showers when it’s hot out.

We always go back midday, always. Doesn’t matter if it’s hot, rainy or freezing. We do mix it up. Sometimes we will use Skyliner from HS to Epcot then walk from Epcot to BWI. It is longer trip but we enjoy the Skyliner and it mixes up the trip that way without too much walking.

I want to say we usually boat to s&d and walk back to any of the boardwalk resorts from there when ts summer. It’s fastest with least steps. Dd and I do 20,00- plus steps a day but midday that full walk can get hot.

Dont forget to call housekeeping for extra towels if needed, We take so many showers when it’s hot out.

We always go back midday, always. Doesn’t matter if it’s hot, rainy or freezing. We do mix it up. Sometimes we will use Skyliner from HS to Epcot then walk from Epcot to BWI. It is longer trip but we enjoy the Skyliner and it mixes up the trip that way without too much walking.
Doesn’t the boat go right to the Boardwalk? Is it really closer to get off the boat at swan & dolphin?

Doesn’t the boat go right to the Boardwalk? Is it really closer to get off the boat at swan & dolphin?
If you get off there, you walk over the bridge and are by Jellyrolls and almost home.

Staying on the boat, means you go to beach club next, then maybe Epcot? (I can’t remember if they have two routes or just one circuit), then to the boardwalk.

We’ve done it several times and we are usually getting to the bike rentals when the boat is docked at the beach club.

Like Trish, we always go back in the afternoons to swim. My favorite part of going back to the lounge is going straight for an ice cold soda!! 😊 I’m not a big eater, so I love picking on the afternoon snacks! We typically take the boat back from HS, but they stop at Swan/Dolphin first, so we typically get off and walk back from there. It’s not far at all. Enjoy it!

If you take the boat FROM Hollywood Studios, I believe the stops, in order, are:
- Swan & Dolphin
- Yacht & Beach Club
- BoardWalk
- Epcot

That's why some people who are staying at BoardWalk get off at Swan & Dolphin. It's a short walk over to the BoardWalk from that boat stop. Otherwise you are staying on while the boat goes from Swan & Dolphin over to Yacht & Beach Club before it takes you to BoardWalk.

If I am staying at BoardWalk and am taking a boat TO Hollywood Studios, I walk over to Swan and Dolphin. If you get on at BoardWalk, the boat goes to Yacht & Beach Club and then Swan and Dolphin before heading out to Hollywood Studios.

I'm someone who prefers to spend less time on the boat. If you like riding around on the boat, ignore this.

If you take the boat FROM Hollywood Studios, I believe the stops, in order, are:
- Swan & Dolphin
- Yacht & Beach Club
- BoardWalk
- Epcot

That's why some people who are staying at BoardWalk get off at Swan & Dolphin. It's a short walk over to the BoardWalk from that boat stop. Otherwise you are staying on while the boat goes from Swan & Dolphin over to Yacht & Beach Club before it takes you to BoardWalk.

If I am staying at BoardWalk and am taking a boat TO Hollywood Studios, I walk over to Swan and Dolphin. If you get on at BoardWalk, the boat goes to Yacht & Beach Club and then Swan and Dolphin before heading out to Hollywood Studios.

I'm someone who prefers to spend less time on the boat. If you like riding around on the boat, ignore this.
Also Boardwalk is the first stop when leaving Epcot. While a short walk sometimes your feet and legs have had enough and that boat is a salvation.

If you get off there, you walk over the bridge and are by Jellyrolls and almost home.

Staying on the boat, means you go to beach club next, then maybe Epcot? (I can’t remember if they have two routes or just one circuit), then to the boardwalk.

We’ve done it several times and we are usually getting to the bike rentals when the boat is docked at the beach club.
It goes from the Yacht & Beach Club to the Boardwalk, then EPCOT. That's Why it makes sense to get off at the Swan & Dolphin and walk the rest of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter