Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

It is very unpleasant when you have to drive home on a 16 hour trip after being woken up multiple times the night before from the people coming out of Jellyrolls in the early morning.
I hope that on your next trip you find a peaceful view more suitable for you. There are definitely quieter options at the boardwalk. Try a garden view next time or a view of the canal that leads to Hollywood Studios. Very serene!

Is there sand for kids to play in near the boardwalk? I think Beachclub has sand bottom pool, but I don't think I need to bring sand toys for the boardwalk, correct? : )

Is there sand for kids to play in near the boardwalk? I think Beachclub has sand bottom pool, but I don't think I need to bring sand toys for the boardwalk, correct? : )
Not right in front of the boardwalk, but if you walk a short way around the lake, counter clockwise to Beach Club, there is a large sandy area by the water there.

This thread is so helpful! Thank you, everyone!

For a resort-only stay at Boardwalk… is there anyplace to get popcorn and popcorn buckets? Or is that only in the parks?

For a resort-only stay at Boardwalk… is there anyplace to get popcorn and popcorn buckets? Or is that only in the parks?
There was a Pop Corn machine setup in the lobby over at the DVC Concierge area. Thy had a variety of drinks, you can purchase and Activate your Resort Mug (just no refills there) and there was a Pop Corn Machine up and running.

This was in March someone will have to comment if the offerings are still there this summer.

Dave

We are arriving late into MCO on a monday night and getting a rental car (alamo) and then we are checking into BWI on Tuesday morning but have to drop off the rental at the Disney Car Center which is on disney property on Tuesday after we unload our luggage. When we did this at the GF, a shuttle picked us up at the disney car center. Does BWI offer this pickup? My husband will be the one dropping off the rental car, the rest of us will be going to the parks when we arrive at disney!
It’s not a service offered by the hotels, it’s offered by the Car Center. The reason that matters is it means the Car Center shuttle can drop you/pick you up anywhere on Disney property including the parks! (MK is TTC though)

There was a Pop Corn machine setup in the lobby over at the DVC Concierge area. Thy had a variety of drinks, you can purchase and Activate your Resort Mug (just no refills there) and there was a Pop Corn Machine up and running.

This was in March someone will have to comment if the offerings are still there this summer.

Dave
It was not there in May of this year

It was not there in May of this year
I knew it was to good to last. Maybe just to much staffing required to justify customer satisfaction improvement not to mention the smell of fresh Pop Corn.

Just a random test that went nowhere. Thanks for the update.

Dave

If walking to HS from the BW, is there any “secret door” (like at BC to get to EP) that keeps you in the hotel and out of the heat longer?
TIA!
A little but honestly, not worth it. It may save 2, 3 min less time outside. The door is not right at the sidewalk like BC. You have to wind your way through BWV. If you are staying on the Inn side it's just not a help. We used it once but never again. It's just easier to go ahead and cut around the pool and walk.

ETA
Something that is easier for folks who are stair adverse for any reason, walk across the lobby and take the Villa side elevators down to the first floor and come out at the pool. Inn side elevators are convoluted in regards to reaching Boardwalk level. You don't increase any walking to use the Villa elevators. I think my issue with the door is I feel like I walk more steps winding through the Villa end than I do if I just walk by the pool. If you staying on the Villa side that could very well be a different story.

Last edited:
If walking to HS from the BW, is there any “secret door” (like at BC to get to EP) that keeps you in the hotel and out of the heat longer?
TIA!
We always take the route Mrs.AMC is referencing. Walk through Inn to Villas, turn left and walk as far you can, keeping to the left. At the end, down the stairs (if you don’t want stairs, take the elevator as soon as you get to the villa side), and out the door. You come out by the tennis courts, just a few few yards from a set of stairs to take you down to the path. I always feel like I’m almost there by the time I get outside. It’s great at the end of the day as well, especially if it’s raining or has been blazing hot.

We tried going out the front doors and walking around to see if that was less walking from the Inn side but it didn't feel like it helped cut anything down. We've stayed at BWI for so many nights over the years and walked to HS so many times it just feels like less walking using the path by the main pool. I'm all about whatever is fewer steps mixed with time saved. I consider both since the boat is always fewer steps but we rarely, if ever, take it. Personally, I find walking 100% preferred over standing so we always avoid standing to wait on a boat. If there's one right there when we walk up at HS, and we can get on it, then maybe we'll take it. Mostly, we've walked.

I put a blue line in the spot where you join the path to HS if you use the pool shortcut
A green line where you join the path if you walk inside the building
That's what you save
Not sure exactly how PP came out by the tennis courts though. Unless they cut through the parking lot, which is what we tried when we used the front door but it feels like way more walking that way. There are bushes all along the path until you reach where the green line is so you can't cut through anywhere.

1688662258422.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter