Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I meant just a normal room, not DVC. I edited my post for clarity.
The think the bed situation is the biggest difference between DVC and a hotel room. Some people think the sofabeds are not comfortable, and the bed that pulls down from under the tv is pretty small.

If the price for a BWV studio is the same as the price for a BWI room, I think many people with families would choose BWI. If it's just a single person or a couple (who will just need the queen size bed), then they might be happy in the studio.

P.S. My previous post sounded kind of cranky. I'm sorry about that,

Last edited:
I want Coney Island Chris, Ample Hills, the $23 whole pizza, the strawberry cupcake from Boardwalk Bakery, and the ToGo cart back so bad! I'll have to book a Disney cruise at some point to see CIC, but I fear the others are gone for good. Hopefully the cake bake shop is fantastic because the ice cream shop is lacking. However, not really a huge complaint there since Beaches and Cream is across the lake. Oh well, with progress comes change. I can't wait to see the DVC room plans!

I want Coney Island Chris, Ample Hills, the $23 whole pizza, the strawberry cupcake from Boardwalk Bakery, and the ToGo cart back so bad! I'll have to book a Disney cruise at some point to see CIC, but I fear the others are gone for good. Hopefully the cake bake shop is fantastic because the ice cream shop is lacking. However, not really a huge complaint there since Beaches and Cream is across the lake. Oh well, with progress comes change. I can't wait to see the DVC room plans!
Coney Island Chris is back. Not sure of exactly what days

Does anyone here know of which 2 bedroom and studio, Boardwalk View rooms\floors, have the solid wall balcony? When I was there in 2021 we were given a Boardwalk View room, villa side, that had a solid wall balcony instead of the picketed rail, which we much better prefered. We had to request a room change which was accommodated. I think the solid wall balcony is only for 2nd floor villas for the Boardwalk view. Not concerned with the 3 bedroom villas, only 2br and studios. Thanks in advance for any help.

Does anyone here know of which 2 bedroom and studio, Boardwalk View rooms\floors, have the solid wall balcony? When I was there in 2021 we were given a Boardwalk View room, villa side, that had a solid wall balcony instead of the picketed rail, which we much better prefered. We had to request a room change which was accommodated. I think the solid wall balcony is only for 2nd floor villas for the Boardwalk view. Not concerned with the 3 bedroom villas, only 2br and studios. Thanks in advance for any help.
I’m pretty sure it’s only 2nd floor. We had that once too and now always request High Floor.

Club Level Question...are rooms generally located in a specific area of the resort? I know some club levels are on the same floor as the lounge, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Club Level Question...are rooms generally located in a specific area of the resort? I know some club levels are on the same floor as the lounge, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
All standard (regular, non suite) rooms are on the same floor as the lounge, 4

cottages are not. all are in the courtyard off the 1st floor

some of the deluxe rooms are on the 3rd floor. Some on 4.

I was on the same floor but at the very end. And you know what the very end is? No. No you don’t. See, I was beyond that… Like I walked down a hallway and then another hallway and then a kinda creepy service feeling mini-hallway (because it is just faux windows on one side) and then at the end of that hall was my room.

So personally I will only ever request “near the elevator” if I did a CL room again because while I was past the CL entry door that guards the like second(?) hallway entrance, I was a just a road hop away from France by the time I actually got to my room 🤪

I was on the same floor but at the very end. And you know what the very end is? No. No you don’t. See, I was beyond that… Like I walked down a hallway and then another hallway and then a kinda creepy service feeling mini-hallway (because it is just faux windows on one side) and then at the end of that hall was my room.

So personally I will only ever request “near the elevator” if I did a CL room again because while I was past the CL entry door that guards the like second(?) hallway entrance, I was a just a road hop away from France by the time I actually got to my room 🤪
I’ve had the very last room in the hall. We loved one thing about it, you can see fireworks great
since the lounge is in the middle it wasn’t that long if a walk
it’s not possible to be near elevator at boardwalk club level

If the boat is closed due to weather do they run a bus to DHS?
Not that I have ever seen. Neither the skyliner or boats were running one day (now this was way back in October of 2019) due to heavy rain, so we made our way to the bus stop - BW still had a bus stop then at HS, not sure if they still do - and we were told to hoof it or call an Uber. We called an Uber because we were wearing tennis shoes and didn’t want soggy shoes the rest of the trip.

Edited to say that the attendant at the buses said it would take longer for them to get buses up and running than it would for the rain to pass, but in our case the rain lasted for several hours. So, in some other cases, I guess they may opt to provide bus service, but we almost exclusively stay at Epcot resorts, and I have never seen buses for HS due to rain.

Last edited:
What is the pool situation here? And is it loud with all the nightlife?
If you have a Boardwalk view room, it can get a little loud at night, especially if you're on a lower floor. That said, we always try for BW view, and it hasn't been a problem for us. YMMV.
Also… are the pull down 5th sleepers standard or do they need to be special requested?
Do you mean in the BW DVC Studio Villas? The single Murphy beds are standard in all the BWV studios (along with a double size sofa bed and a regular queen size bed). We're all hoping that the sofa beds will be replaced by queen or double size Murphy beds in the coming refurbishment, but we won't know for sure until later this year or early next year.

I don't know about the BW Inn at all, sorry.

If the boat is closed due to weather do they run a bus to DHS
Not that I have ever seen. Neither the skyliner or boats were running one day (now this was way back in October of 2019) due to heavy rain, so we made our way to the bus stop - BW still had a bus stop then at HS, not sure if they still do - and we were told to hoof it or call an Uber. We called an Uber because we were wearing tennis shoes and didn’t want soggy shoes the rest of the trip.

Edited to say that the attendant at the buses said it would take longer for them to get buses up and running than it would for the rain to pass, but in our case the rain lasted for several hours. So, in some other cases, I guess they may opt to provide bus service, but we almost exclusively stay at Epcot resorts, and I have never seen buses for HS due to rain.
Not sure about BWI but we definitely took a bus back to YC/BC last summer during a torrential downpour from HS. We waited a good while at the boat dock hoping it would start running and then gave up and started walking. Once we got to the HS bus area we saw a sign for YC/BC buses and we got on one with little wait.

It’s not rain that stops the boats, it’s lightning. They do run buses to YC, BC, & BWI at least sometimes when the boats are down. We‘ve had the boat captains tell us to take a bus. The problem is, they have to assign a bus for that route, since it doesn’t normally run. We waited quite awhile for a bus the last time it happened to us. Another time no one seemed to know if there would be a bus. Maybe it depends how long they anticipate the lightening to last. It’s definitely not a seemless transition from boat to buses.

What is the pool situation here? And is it loud with all the nightlife?
We like the main pool a lot. It's a fun vibe with a long slide. It's my favorite slide on property. If you're concerned about noise, do not book a boardwalk view. Noise from people and boats will be heard. We don't find it to be a problem, in fact I enjoy it, but light sleepers or people who sleep in may not.

If the boat is closed due to weather do they run a bus to DHS?
In theory, yes. That's what the official sources say they will do.

In practice, when it happened to us -- we arrived at the Friendship Boat dock during a downpour, just in time to be told they were shutting down due to lightning -- the skipper said a bus would be provided, but it would take "at least an hour or so" before we could expect Disney to get buses coordinated and dispatched to the Crescent Lake resorts. We had a dining reservation to get to (happened to be at EPCOT, not DHS) and were already dressed in heavy-duty ponchos and waterproof sandals, so we simply hoofed it through the thunder, lightning, and monsoon rains to get there.

Based on that experience, my advice would be that unless you're in no hurry whatsoever, be prepared to walk instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter