• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

First time staying at BWI for Easter. Does the hotel do anything special Easter morning?
Also does anyone know if they have stroller rentals at the IG entrance of Epcot?

Thanks!
Two years ago they had characters and an Easter Egg hung on the lawn.
Yes there are stroller rentals at the IG entrance.
We really enjoyed searching for the 'hidden' Easter Eggs at Epcot.

I saw that a Boardwalk View CL room opened up last week but slept on upgrading to it from our Standard View. It was obviously gone the next morning when I decided to say "screw it, let's do it" and now I'm having serious remorse over it. Nobody understands this feeling but other Disney people, lol.

I saw that a Boardwalk View CL room opened up last week but slept on upgrading to it from our Standard View. It was obviously gone the next morning when I decided to say "screw it, let's do it" and now I'm having serious remorse over it. Nobody understands this feeling but other Disney people, lol.
Dang, I hate it when that happens...but don't give up...keep watching...maybe another one will appear!

Moved over to BWI from CSR for the second part of a split stay. Our room wasn't ready but by 1:00 we were hot and tired of Epcot so went to the front desk to see if we could take our chances and get something. We got room 2300 and are very pleased. I booked a standard view but I'm guessing this is a garden view. Real close to the quiet pool and lobby.
IMG_20170307_131255272_zpstne6mwwq.jpg

I do understand! Keep stalking - until the moment you check in! I have asked at check in (and paid for) an upgrade - sometimes they are sold out and you can't, but sometimes you luck out and you can! People change their plans all the time, something will open up. :)

Moved over to BWI from CSR for the second part of a split stay. Our room wasn't ready but by 1:00 we were hot and tired of Epcot so went to the front desk to see if we could take our chances and get something. We got room 2300 and are very pleased. I booked a standard view but I'm guessing this is a garden view. Real close to the quiet pool and lobby.
So pretty, even in winter. I had a really yuck day at work today, I'm glad you posted this picture, it brought my mood right up!

Random question does anyone have recent pictures of pictures of the gift shops where they sell milk diapers. I want to see the current offerings so I know what to bring and not what to bring with me. thank you

We got back last night.

We had room 4048 in BWV. The room was handicap accessible. I didn't like the bathroom (no lid on the toilet and no shelves in the shower). However the room location was great (just a hallway down from the elevator), and the view was excellent (we faced the main pool and could see the Tower of Terror). I really liked the room. Each evening, I'd sit on the balcony watching the boats travelling to and from Disney's Hollywood Studios. Every morning, I'd watch the CMs preparing the pool.

We got back last night.

We had room 4048 in BWV. The room was handicap accessible. I didn't like the bathroom (no lid on the toilet and no shelves in the shower). However the room location was great (just a hallway down from the elevator), and the view was excellent (we faced the main pool and could see the Tower of Terror). I really liked the room. Each evening, I'd sit on the balcony watching the boats travelling to and from Disney's Hollywood Studios. Every morning, I'd watch the CMs preparing the pool.

What a great view!!!! Thanks for sharing some pictures. :love:

Just recently booked a stay in a one bedroom Villa for a week in June (15th-21st), and I'm so excited about this trip. This will be my third year in a row vacationing at WDW with my partner. The previous two trips we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian, respectively, so I'm interested to see what it's like staying in the Epcot area.

My family and I stayed at the Boardwalk for about two days right after it opened in the mid-90s, but I don't remember too terribly much since we were only there due to a mix up of dates my dad had made about our originally-booked rooms at the Polynesian. Basically we arrived two days before our vacation was originally scheduled --we didn't have internet then, so all the booking was by phone--and they only had rooms at the Boardwalk available for those days. Anyway, I'm looking forward to experiencing this place as an adult. The Epcot area of resorts seemed to offer a lot more for adults traveling without children, which was a major draw.

I'm looking forward to scouring this forum for details/tips so that I can get the most out of my vacation!

If you are staying at BWI and want to walk to Hollywood Studios is there a secret path through the resort to make it shorter than starting out on the Boardwalk by the boat launch? TIA. Leaving in 15 days for a week at Boardwalk. We are usually YC.

Those 2nd floor rooms are great! So very convenient and what a lovely serene view ...may I ask...did that particular room have a connecting door??

What a great view!!!! Thanks for sharing some pictures. :love:

What she said!! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Hi all, quick question. We will be staying at BWV 8/28 to 9/1. Our flight leaves 7:30 p.m., is it possible to use the showers in the fitness center before leaving on magical depress?
Thank you!!

Hi all, quick question. We will be staying at BWV 8/28 to 9/1. Our flight leaves 7:30 p.m., is it possible to use the showers in the fitness center before leaving on magical depress?
Thank you!!

Yes, you can. We do it all the time prior to a late flight. We store our luggage (or send with RAC) and pack a swim bag with all we need to get ready for the flight. We take it to the locker room, place it in a locked cubbie in the a.m. and head off to a park. When we return, we change in the locker rooms--enjoy pool time, shower and leave at the appointed time.

Yes, you can. We do it all the time prior to a late flight. We store our luggage (or send with RAC) and pack a swim bag with all we need to get ready for the flight. We take it to the locker room, place it in a locked cubbie in the a.m. and head off to a park. When we return, we change in the locker rooms--enjoy pool time, shower and leave at the appointed time.
That is our method too! We love to visit Epcot just one more time for the morning, have a good lunch, come back swim, shower and get changed in the locker room, grab some good food from the bakery for the flight and hop on the ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter