Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Don't feel bad. This is how I felt when we stayed at GF. Just didn't jive with the place! I think that is why it is great that WDW offers so many choices in resorts. I hope your disappointment didn't ruin your trip - seems you would have enjoyed it more if you did BWI first, and then the Poly!
I agree! While I feel a deep connection with BWI/V and BC, I feel meh about GF and Poly! and I really don't like WL or AKL. Seems crazy, right? we're doing a split stay with BLT - BWV this trip. I'm interested to see how we 'feel' about BLT, I'm excited for it but I don't know if the resort will resonate with my family. :) @Liberator I'm glad you enjoyed the location!

We love RD at IG. We have had wonderful success at arriving at 8:15AM -8:30AM and we are on Soarin' right away after they let us in to the park. We do not run but do walk with a purpose although we have been known to snap some pictures on the way. I hope you'll love Rope Drop at International Gateway as much as we do. Please give it a try! It is a wonderful start to the morning.
Thank you! I think we will!!!

We were three doors down from the elevator and loved it. We didn't have any issues with noise for the whole nine nights we were there. I would tell them not to worry about being close to the elevator.

Edit: I just noticed that your parents are staying at BWI. We were on the villa side so I don't know what it's like over on the Inn side.
Thank you!

We have been in the first room closest to the elevator on the Inn side and I don't recall a problem with the noise. That said though, we are not particularly sensitive to noise. But if it was a big deal we would have know that too.

I suggest taking a look at the room map on the first few pages and requesting something a few doors down from the elevator. What is their view category? A standard courtyard view room by the elevator will most likely give them a view of Illuminations.

The Inn side doesn't really have shortcut exits that I can recall - the Villa side does.

Hope they have a great time!
Thank you

It's all one building. If it were me, I would call the Disney reservation number today and ask them to put in my reservation that I'm a senior citizen who doesn't want to be super close to the elevators but I don't think I can walk all the way to the end of the hall. Then, I would call tomorrow and make sure it was noted on my reservation the way I wanted. Sometimes they make a mistake. At a non-Disney hotel which allows pets, I once asked them to note on my reservation that I am allergic to dogs and don't want to be near them (because some hotels put them on one floor). They entered on my reservation that I was bringing a dog.

Don't wait - I think they start assigning rooms around 5-7 days ahead (but don't quote me on that).

Anyway, those halls are extremely long. I don't know if there are "secret exits" or if everybody walks out the same door to get to Epcot.
Thanks!

First stay at BWV, 2 bedroom lock off, coming up in April. We have a pre park opening breakfast reservation at Garden Grill. Will we be able to use the International Gateway entrance to get to GG or would we have to go to the main entrance?

First stay at BWV, 2 bedroom lock off, coming up in April. We have a pre park opening breakfast reservation at Garden Grill. Will we be able to use the International Gateway entrance to get to GG or would we have to go to the main entrance?
Yes.

Just went to the pool with hopes the slide would be open. Nope. Soonest it will be open in Monday. We leave Monday. Boo hoo!

Today is 60 days out from my stay at the Boardwalk Villas :cloud9: and I can't make any Fastpasses :furious: Anyone else trying to make them and having problems :confused3 It won't go beyond April 21st :headache:

When I renewed my Annual Pass today, I noticed it is good for 13 months instead of 12 :woohoo: I thought that deal had ended so I was very surprised and pleased :yay: So it's an even better deal as I will get 3 trips out of it (instead of my usual 2 trips) along with all my PhotoPass pictures :dance3:

When I renewed my Annual Pass today, I noticed it is good for 13 months instead of 12 :woohoo: I thought that deal had ended so I was very surprised and pleased :yay: So it's an even better deal as I will get 3 trips out of it (instead of my usual 2 trips) along with all my PhotoPass pictures :dance3:
YEAH!!! Glad this works out for you!!! Web site says "When you renew your Walt Disney World annual pass before it expires with an original anniversary date on or before October 1, 2017, you'll get a 13-month pass!" Mine doesn't expire until December, darn it...so if I renew, it will only be good for 12 months rather than 13....rats.

First time staying at BWI for Easter. Does the hotel do anything special Easter morning?
Also does anyone know if they have stroller rentals at the IG entrance of Epcot?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter