Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Are you sure about this? My CL 5/1-5 reservation was downgraded to a Garden View due to CL not being completely done.
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Was there additional compensation given for the inconvenience (if you don’t mind my asking…self-serving reasons!)?

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Was there additional compensation given for the inconvenience (if you don’t mind my asking…self-serving reasons!)?
I was booked on a Travel Agent rate so I was extended that rate to the garden view room. I needed to remain at BW since our agency has meetings at the conference center. Disappointed about not having CL but was satisfied with the resolution since I wasn’t willing to move resorts.

BWI (Inn) rooms should be done by 5/1 along with the regular CL rooms and the CL lounge scheduled to reopen on 5/1. The 10 Deluxe rooms and suites have been delayed further into May. No update on the Outer CL Cottages at this point.

The Front Desk and lobby area were just recently completed along with the large 2nd floor bathrooms. The Pool slide was repaired but is back open. The Cake Bake shop is still under construction in the old ESPN Zone spot (it will be Table Service and a bakery). The Boardwalk Deli has replaced the Boardwalk Bakery.

They just announced closing of Trattoria al Forno and relocated the Pizza window for some minor work June 11-17.

Dave
I am booked May 7-14 was standard view BWI but moved to BWV so I am not sure the 5/1 date is correct for being done .

How do you all like The Boardwalk Inn for Christmas? Too much decorations or too little?
We are thinking of week after Thanksgiving in 2024.

BWI (Inn) rooms should be done by 5/1 along with the regular CL rooms and the CL lounge scheduled to reopen on 5/1. The 10 Deluxe rooms and suites have been delayed further into May. No update on the Outer CL Cottages at this point.

The Front Desk and lobby area were just recently completed along with the large 2nd floor bathrooms. The Pool slide was repaired but is back open. The Cake Bake shop is still under construction in the old ESPN Zone spot (it will be Table Service and a bakery). The Boardwalk Deli has replaced the Boardwalk Bakery.

They just announced closing of Trattoria al Forno and relocated the Pizza window for some minor work June 11-17.

Dave
Thank you! That was very helpful info. Sounds like minimal impact if we decide on BWI for July.

One more question for now, thanks.

Would you book a standard view on the hotel side or spend a bit more and book a garden? Or is the view difference negligible?

We spend some time on the balcony, but mostly just mornings while drinking coffee or an afternoon wine.

Would you book a standard view on the hotel side or spend a bit more and book a garden? Or is the view difference negligible?

We spend some time on the balcony, but mostly just mornings while drinking coffee or an afternoon wine.
I’m not really the best to ask 😂. I’ll pay more to stay at a deluxe, but not more for a view at a deluxe. So I usually just stay in a standard view. I had a courtyard view at WL once but it was because a discount was available and those were the only rooms

I’m not really the best to ask 😂. I’ll pay more to stay at a deluxe, but not more for a view at a deluxe. So I usually just stay in a standard view. I had a courtyard view at WL once but it was because a discount was available and those were the only rooms

My only fear for standard is a dumpster view - mostly because of noise possibility or a smell wafting up. I would be happy with a standard view of the hotel entrance to people watch or even the Sklyliner.

My only fear for standard is a dumpster view - mostly because of noise possibility or a smell wafting up. I would be happy with a standard view of the hotel entrance to people watch or even the Sklyliner.
Standard views vary so much and some are definitely not great but I'm pretty sure that no balconies directly face the area where they hide the dumpsters. On the other hand, we once had a garden view that had a huge tree blocking the view from our balcony. The tree was practically on the balcony, so really, there are no guarantees. I say choose what seems to suit you best and then just roll with it once you're there.

How do you all like The Boardwalk Inn for Christmas? Too much decorations or too little?
We are thinking of week after Thanksgiving in 2024.
I guess it depends on what you’re looking for. The decorations are beautiful, but they do not have a large main tree like Wilderness Lodge, The Grand or Animal Kingdom in the lobby. There is a nice tree on the Village Green, as well as a couple of trees and decor in the lobby. They have a gingerbread display as well. We spent Christmas week there two years ago and enjoyed it.

IMG_6319.jpegIMG_6388.jpegIMG_6389.jpeg

We just got back today from a stay at the BWI and from what I could see is that there was a lot of work still going on [and to be done]. We were in 3311, nice room but a lot of empty space. One king bed, sleeper couch and two end tables. No chairs at all. The layout and design of the room is somewhat odd in my opinion. Full disclosure, I'm a BCV guy so not that familiar with the overall BWI layout but will try to give you my best observations.

We went to the quiet [not so quiet] pool each day from around 11:00 - 3:00. On our last day, they were still carting in sheet rock, painting and to be honest.... a lot of standing around. There was also painting still going on in the area above Flying Fish. The boardwalk demo of the ESPN Club was still going on and there was work being done above
the creamery.

On the positive side, we had a great trip. Housekeeping was wonderful. Weather was a little warm for us New Englanders. Yes, we get excited when it reaches 60 degrees in April! Epcot Flower & Garden did not disappoint!

I'm staying at Boardwalk in August. Depending on whether or not the flight prices come down, I may be driving so I'll have my car. For Magic Kingdom specifically, is it faster/easier to drive from boardwalk to the parking area and taking the monorail/boat to MK? Or does it just make sense to take the bus from BW to MK?
We always drive to MK because the buses back to BW can be really slow. We also like to go to DS for lunch after mornings at MK so we drive and then can drive directly to DS. We have been burned too many times by bus waits to use them for MK anymore.

:wave2: Hi All, we're currently booked at YC for a couple of nights after a cruise in July. Strongly considering switching to BWI and would love it if we could get a renovated room. I was wondering if there's any update on the status of the completion of the room renovations now that May is here. Appreciate any insights!

:wave2: Hi All, we're currently booked at YC for a couple of nights after a cruise in July. Strongly considering switching to BWI and would love it if we could get a renovated room. I was wondering if there's any update on the status of the completion of the room renovations now that May is here. Appreciate any insights!
I am pretty sure if you get a room now, it will be renovated. Some people were being moved because they didn't complete what they thought they would, but we go in about 2 weeks and have not been moved so🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter