• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We've done 2 of the AoA drawing classes and will be doing one the day before our cruisevtoo. My 7yo dd and I both really enjoy them! I believe it would be worth the trip for your art living 9yo and as another mentioned, Landscapes of Flavor is a great food court!
This sounds great! How do I find out when they are offered!

This sounds great! How do I find out when they are offered!

NM - found the answer to this! I'm so glad I read these boards because I would have totally missed that this was offered and I think DD will love it. Now, just to fit it into the schedule....

LOL -ok fair enough. Sometimes I read things like Uber isn't allowed on property. Just wanted to make sure that didn't apply. Thanks!
When we took a cab from another resort back to AOA two weeks ago, they dropped us right at the front door. The cab was waved through when they stopped at the gates; I assume Uber has a similar protocol and they will drive right up to your feet when they pick you up :)

Anyone have pictures of the sleeper sofa in the Lion King Family Suite? I might have to sleep on that thing...

Anyone have pictures of the sleeper sofa in the Lion King Family Suite? I might have to sleep on that thing...
It's spacious. I wish I had a picture. BUT fyi it is a sofa mattress not a real mattress. It comes in sections so you might feel the crack in the foam where the pieces meet. And every night we pulled it out all the sheets were tightly tucked into the sections so we had to loosen everything up a bit. It's kind of like sleeping on a hospital bed. We made my older son sleep on it so that my younger son was on the Murphy bed closer to our door. The Murphy bed is comfier IMO because it's a real mattress like a bed on a platform. Good luck!

I don't have any good pictures of it but I did take measurements of it. The mattress is 77" x 53" x 6". The mattress -- while not the thickness of a standard bed mattress, is definitely thicker than a typical sofa bed (including those in hotels. I've measure those at 3-4" most places we've stayed). While I haven't slept on the sofa bed in the AoA suites, I have napped on them and found them to be fine. My very fussy teenage son has slept on it on 3 trips (a total of 21 nights) and never complained. And just in case you need them, the measurements of the table bed are 75" x 54" x 8". My 25 yo son said that bed was more comfortable than any hotel bed he's slept in.

Honestly, I find these two beds to be more comfortable than the queen-size bed in the master bedroom. That thing is so firm I feel like I'm sleeping on solid rock. I honestly felt bruised after one night in that bed. I learned very quickly to request an extra blanket to fold up and use as a "pillow top" on my side of the bed to make it more comfortable.

I don't have a picture, but I slept very comfortably on it for three nights when we were there in May. I found it to be more comfortable than the queen bed in the bedroom.

Hello hello! My husband and I are staying in one of the Little Mermaid rooms for our trip (I can't wait!) and I have a question about lighting. We normally stay at POR, and as much as I love that resort the lighting in the rooms are crap for putting makeup on. Can anyone tell me how well lit the AoA rooms are? I'm trying to decide if I should pack a little lighted mirror or not.

Also, do all the Little Mermaid rooms have two beds? My husband and I are like night and day, so while I do enjoy sharing a bed with him at home, it's so much more convenient for us to have our own on trips. His will be neat as a pin, meanwhile I'll just shove my stuff over to one side and fall asleep amongst my electronics and souvenirs.

I am so excited!

Hello hello! My husband and I are staying in one of the Little Mermaid rooms for our trip (I can't wait!) and I have a question about lighting. We normally stay at POR, and as much as I love that resort the lighting in the rooms are crap for putting makeup on. Can anyone tell me how well lit the AoA rooms are? I'm trying to decide if I should pack a little lighted mirror or not.

Also, do all the Little Mermaid rooms have two beds? My husband and I are like night and day, so while I do enjoy sharing a bed with him at home, it's so much more convenient for us to have our own on trips. His will be neat as a pin, meanwhile I'll just shove my stuff over to one side and fall asleep amongst my electronics and souvenirs.

I am so excited!

Yes! I believe most have 2 double beds.

I was just able to switch my reservations from POP to AoA. When I booked two weeks ago the standard room at AOA wasn't available for our dates. Low and behold I checked last night and they had Little Mermaid rooms! I just read on TripAdvisor that a couple just happened to ask at check in if they could have an upgrade to a family suite (complimentary) and it was happily given to them. He said "all you have to do is ask". My question is - what are the chances of this actually happening? The difference in price can be well over $1,000.00. We don't need a suite however there are 4 of us so it would be nice to have the extra space if Disney wanted to be so kind lol. I would just rather use the money that I can save in booking a standard room on other things at Disney for the kids (dining, souviners, etc.)

Last edited:
I was just able to switch my reservations from POP to AoA. When I booked two weeks ago the standard room at AOA wasn't available for our dates. Low and behold I checked last night and they had Little Mermaid rooms! I just read on TripAdvisor that a couple just happened to ask at check in if they could have an upgrade to a family suite (complimentary) and it was happily given to them. He said "all you have to do is ask". My question is - what are the chances of this actually happening? The difference in price can be well over $1,000.00. We don't need a suite however there are 4 of us so it would be nice to have the extra space if Disney wanted to be so kind lol I would just rather use the money that I can save in booked a standard room on other things at Disney for the kids (dining, souviners, etc.)

Although these pixie dust upgrades do happen, they are extremely rare and are normally done to the resorts advantage. Such as if they had to remove a block of rooms from inventory due to issues and they are now overbooked for a category. Also from speaking to multiple CMs, these are even rarer when guests ask for them.

I just read on TripAdvisor that a couple just happened to ask at check in if they could have an upgrade to a family suite (complimentary) and it was happily given to them. He said "all you have to do is ask". My question is - what are the chances of this actually happening?
No firsthand experience,but my instincts tell me that would be extremely rare.

Thanks! That's what I thought. I could understand if we were talking about a difference of a few dollars, but that is a lot of money to just give away in free upgrades. Maybe that couple just got really lucky! Good for them!

Thanks! That's what I thought. I could understand if we were talking about a difference of a few dollars, but that is a lot of money to just give away in free upgrades. Maybe that couple just got really lucky! Good for them!
Yes,I think it is very misleading for someone to report on Trip Advisor "all you have to do is ask",especially asking to be upgraded from a Standard Room to a SUITE!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter