Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

What time should I leave AOA (by bus) to make it for rope drop when MK opens at 8am? :drive:

I was just able to switch my reservations from POP to AoA. When I booked two weeks ago the standard room at AOA wasn't available for our dates. Low and behold I checked last night and they had Little Mermaid rooms! I just read on TripAdvisor that a couple just happened to ask at check in if they could have an upgrade to a family suite (complimentary) and it was happily given to them. He said "all you have to do is ask". My question is - what are the chances of this actually happening? The difference in price can be well over $1,000.00. We don't need a suite however there are 4 of us so it would be nice to have the extra space if Disney wanted to be so kind lol. I would just rather use the money that I can save in booking a standard room on other things at Disney for the kids (dining, souviners, etc.)

We (just DH and I) booked a Little Mermaid once and were upgraded to a Lion King suite. We did not ask for the upgrade. The CM mentioned something about being overbooked in the standard rooms and asked if we would mind to stay in a suite. We were only staying one night. It was great but I don't expect it to happen again.

For some reason I've only ever heard this happening to couples! I so hoped it would happen with my family of 5- no luck!

Making requests for my trip. Staying in the little mermaid rooms. Does it make sense to pick near transportation? I know that's not really possible but I'm hoping it'd put us in the front of the bldg thats closer to the lobby area. If you think its a waste, ill put near elevator.

Does anyone know if they offered free dining at AoA last year? We're trying to decide between 4 rooms at Pop or 2 LM and a suite here for the same timeframe next year. We were leaning toward AoA mostly because it's quieter, but definitely not worth the extra $ and giving up dining if it's offered.

TIA

Does anyone know if they offered free dining at AoA last year? We're trying to decide between 4 rooms at Pop or 2 LM and a suite here for the same timeframe next year. We were leaning toward AoA mostly because it's quieter, but definitely not worth the extra $ and giving up dining if it's offered.
The suites were included in free dining, but not the Little Mermaid rooms.

why are the finding nemo suites slightly more expensive than the cars and the lion king suites?

why are the finding nemo suites slightly more expensive than the cars and the lion king suites?
They are a preferred location, closer to pool and main building

ETA: There is a map on the first page of this thread. As you can see Nemo buildings are closer, but if your room is closer to the lake in a Nemo building versus if you are in Cars 1 or the closer Lion King building...Cars and Lion King can actually be more convenient

Does anyone know if the Murphy Bed is the same length as a queen bed? My Dad is 6' 1", so I'm not sure if that bed will fit him. TIA!

Does anyone know if the Murphy Bed is the same length as a queen bed? My Dad is 6' 1", so I'm not sure if that bed will fit him. TIA!

A standard queen bed is 60" x 80". The table bed is 54" x 75" (with an 8" thick mattress). The sofa bed is 53" x 77" (with a 6" thick mattress).

Last edited:
When we checked in on Dec 17th, they offered us a suite upgrade from our booked Little Mermaid room for around $75 more. The CM said it was a special they were running.
We did it but I am not sure it was worth it. We were only there one night and the room was not in very good condition. We were in the Cars section. I was really disappointed. The carpets were dirty both in the hall and in the room. The furniture was really beat up. One of the drawers in the sitting area was broken and sitting in the cabinet at an angle. The back cushion on the sofa was really broken down. The wooden furniture had a lot of nicks and scrapes. The lamp on one side of the bed did not work. It really looked like it was ready for a refurb.

Hello all! I'm hoping someone here can help me....I have a trip booked to the Finding Nemo suites at AoA in February 2017. We stayed in a Cars Suite in Feb 2015 and loved the family suite and resort. I just saw a youtube video (Disney produced) that is showing some of the family suites (including Finding Nemo) with three separate rooms (as opposed to the two rooms that are shown on DW website now and that we stayed in two years ago). Are some of the family suites three separate rooms instead of two?? Anyone stay in one of those or have any experience? It's not a big deal to me either way, I'm just curious.....this is showing the table/bed area as a room, living room/sofa bed as a room and then the bedroom....and looked like a door between each. Thanks in advance!!

Hello all! I'm hoping someone here can help me....I have a trip booked to the Finding Nemo suites at AoA in February 2017. We stayed in a Cars Suite in Feb 2015 and loved the family suite and resort. I just saw a youtube video (Disney produced) that is showing some of the family suites (including Finding Nemo) with three separate rooms (as opposed to the two rooms that are shown on DW website now and that we stayed in two years ago). Are some of the family suites three separate rooms instead of two?? Anyone stay in one of those or have any experience? It's not a big deal to me either way, I'm just curious.....this is showing the table/bed area as a room, living room/sofa bed as a room and then the bedroom....and looked like a door between each. Thanks in advance!!

As far as I know, all the Family Suites are 3 areas as you described. Check out post #1 of this thread as it shows the layout of the Family Suites and there are 3 separate areas. Did you stay in a Suite that was layed out differently than what's shown in post #1?

As far as I know, all the Family Suites are 3 areas as you described. Check out post #1 of this thread as it shows the layout of the Family Suites and there are 3 separate areas. Did you stay in a Suite that was layed out differently than what's shown in post #1?
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I checked out the first post and it appears that they are three different rooms. The suite we stayed at was only two different rooms....the table and sofa "rooms" were all one room with no separation/wall.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I checked out the first post and it appears that they are three different rooms. The suite we stayed at was only two different rooms....the table and sofa "rooms" were all one room with no separation/wall.

That's odd. We've been in 6 or 7 different Family Suites at AoA and they've all been 3 rooms/areas.

Can you post a link for the video? I'm wondering if it's just the angle it was shot at. Like Dansdad, I've been in several AoA suites and they've always been the same -- separate bedroom with a door and one large area divided into the living room area and the table area (like on the floor plan in the first post of this thread).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter