Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Hello, I have Animal Kingdom Lodge booked, but because of cost we are thinking of switching to a value resort. We are leaning towards The Art of Animation. We have 5 in our party, so I can either book 2 little mermaid rooms or 1 suite. The difference it about $355.00 more to all stay together in a suite. I don't know a whole lot about AOA, but read previous posts here that the LM room can be quite farther from the bus stops/lobby. We are taveling with my mother in law who is disabled & can only handle short walks. However we are renting a scooter for her to use. I was wondering if it would be better to spend the extra money for the suite over 2 LM rooms? Considering we can all do the extra walk, & she will be okay with a scooter. Are there any other big differences, that would make you lean more to the suites & spend the extra money?
I say do the suite. I don 't mind the walk, but I walk at home and am healthy. :)

Hello, I have Animal Kingdom Lodge booked, but because of cost we are thinking of switching to a value resort. We are leaning towards The Art of Animation. We have 5 in our party, so I can either book 2 little mermaid rooms or 1 suite. The difference it about $355.00 more to all stay together in a suite. I don't know a whole lot about AOA, but read previous posts here that the LM room can be quite farther from the bus stops/lobby. We are taveling with my mother in law who is disabled & can only handle short walks. However we are renting a scooter for her to use. I was wondering if it would be better to spend the extra money for the suite over 2 LM rooms? Considering we can all do the extra walk, & she will be okay with a scooter. Are there any other big differences, that would make you lean more to the suites & spend the extra money?

All LM rooms are the farthest away from the buses and main hub as you can get. The suites are pretty much all equal distance from the main hub. Keep in mind Lion King does not have a pool. I've got ACL issues, and the walk to LM is a big deal to me, but I love AoA so much, I put up with it. If $355 was the difference I'm looking at, I might go with a suite. I will say that LM was very quiet when we went...we assumed because all the families were more attracted by the suites, while the couples without kids were probably more attracted to the LM rooms. So, that's something to think about, as well.

With the suites you get a kitchenette, with the 2 rooms, everyone gets a "real" bed. That's the primary difference to me. I opted for 2 rooms because we spend more time sleeping in the room than cooking or snacking!

I say go with the suite...for only 5 people, you will have plenty of room. plus the suites are all in easy walking/scootering distance from the buses...

But it also depends on how much time you plan to spend at the resort. If you plan to spend a few waking hours at AoA per day, I would definitely say go with the suite for the added space.

Okay, Thanks for all your input! :thumbsup2 Can you tell me about how long it takes to get to the parks by bus?

disneydreamfan14 said:
I say go with the suite...for only 5 people, you will have plenty of room. plus the suites are all in easy walking/scootering distance from the buses...

But it also depends on how much time you plan to spend at the resort. If you plan to spend a few waking hours at AoA per day, I would definitely say go with the suite for the added space.

I agree with everyone else, do the suite.

I booked a LM room for a night in May before we switch to AKL for the remainder of our trip. I was wondering if people had recommendations on which rooms I should request when the time comes to make such requests.

I booked a LM room for a night in May before we switch to AKL for the remainder of our trip. I was wondering if people had recommendations on which rooms I should request when the time comes to make such requests.

We requested a lake view upper floor room and got out in bldg 7 Ursula and loved the room so I'd suggest 7 but that is just me

We had building 7 in April, top floor, and faced the lake. It was so quiet and peaceful. We never even saw anyone walk past our room.:wave2:

Has anyone tried booking a LM room for October 2014 and had luck? Doesn't matter if I try Disney or Travelocity or Orbitz, they all say there's no dates. Hotels.com says yes, but only a few. I mean, are they REALLY booked that far out for next year already? We got our room for this year back in June.

blueangel2 said:
Has any one either made or found a TR from someone who has stayed at AoA for a few days or more?

I've read at least 4 or 5 trip reports from AoA stays. Go to the trip report thread and search for "animation" or "AoA" and should be able to find them.

Has anyone tried booking a LM room for October 2014 and had luck? Doesn't matter if I try Disney or Travelocity or Orbitz, they all say there's no dates. Hotels.com says yes, but only a few. I mean, are they REALLY booked that far out for next year already? We got our room for this year back in June.
i
I just selected a LM room for Oct. 6 thru Disney with no problem. I tried to select Boardwalk just for fun and there were no dates there.

i
I just selected a LM room for Oct. 6 thru Disney with no problem. I tried to select Boardwalk just for fun and there were no dates there.

So. Weird.

I'm trying to book around the end of October into the first week of November, and I swear, it's impossible right now. I'm going to smash my face into the floor if this keeps up. :(

Just keep calling. The same thing happened to me when the LM rooms first opened last year. I was told they were completely booked. I hung up and dialed again. After calling 3 times in the space of an hour I was told they had an opening, but no free dining. I booked the room, hung up and called again. The next cm told me they had free dining available for my stay in the LM room. Be persistent and keep calling. Good luck!

Hi. 42 days until our first stay at AOA LM.

Can someone tell me for sure if this resort has 24 hour luggage assistance?

DH had surgery yesterday to repair a torn bicep. We are driving this trip. We will also have DS 22 months. We will need help unloading the car then having them bring it to the room when we get up there. We are arriving around 8-9 pm.

I wanted to be sure they offer both services at this particular resort.

We are still taking the trip as we go often and can take this one at a very slow pace if need be.

Thank you everyone :)

Hi. 42 days until our first stay at AOA LM. Can someone tell me for sure if this resort has 24 hour luggage assistance? DH had surgery yesterday to repair a torn bicep. We are driving this trip. We will also have DS 22 months. We will need help unloading the car then having them bring it to the room when we get up there. We are arriving around 8-9 pm. I wanted to be sure they offer both services at this particular resort. We are still taking the trip as we go often and can take this one at a very slow pace if need be. Thank you everyone :)
. Yes they do. We just got back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter