Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

will be staying in the LM rooms in march with my inlaws. first time at AOA. deciding if its better to drive to MK or ride the bus?

will be staying in the LM rooms in march with my inlaws. first time at AOA. deciding if its better to drive to MK or ride the bus?

IMHO it's better to take the bus. If you drive you have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center, possibly take a tram to the front, then take the boat or monorail over to MK. If you take the bus you get dropped off in front of the gate to MK.

I agree with @dansdad. Even when I have a car, the MK bus transportation makes more sense to me because of the drop off next to the main entrance.

Hi. This will be our first time at A of A before and then after our cruise in June. We're in a Little Mermaid room. How long would you say the walk is from the rooms to the main hall and the central pool? Thanks!!!

Hi. This will be our first time at A of A before and then after our cruise in June. We're in a Little Mermaid room. How long would you say the walk is from the rooms to the main hall and the central pool? Thanks!!!

I think it's about a 10 minute walk

I found a video on you tube that was about 13 minutes from a LM building (I want to say 8?) to the food court (and I believe the pool is in that vicinity). But he stopped and filmed little details, so the aforementioned 10 minutes for an average walker sounds about right.

Getting close to being able to make our room requests.
I prefer second floor. What is the chance of getting second floor?
Do the corner rooms have two windows?

Has anyone stayed and put a twin air mattress between the beds or between the bed and the bathroom wall?

I second the question about corner LM section rooms. Do they have 2 windows like in the moderates?

Getting close to being able to make our room requests.
I prefer second floor. What is the chance of getting second floor?
Do the corner rooms have two windows?

Has anyone stayed and put a twin air mattress between the beds or between the bed and the bathroom wall?

If you do online check-in, you should be able to choose "2nd Floor" as an option. There's no guarantee that you'll get it, but at least the room assigner will know what you're hoping to get.

I've never stayed in a LM room, but I know they are the same size as the Pop Century rooms and there is definitely space for a twin-size air mattress in those rooms. I'm not sure if it will fit between the beds or the bed and the wall, but there should be room along the wall next to the TV (you will probably have to move the little table and chairs).

I second the question about corner LM section rooms. Do they have 2 windows like in the moderates?

The corner rooms do not have two windows. Every room is the same -- one window.

I have a question about the washateria.

Is it located in the LM section?
Also, are they HE or regular machines?

Where would be the least expensive place I can pick up a small bottle (enough for about three or four loads)? I don't want the little tabs since I have small children.
I checked the grocery store today, and all they had were small bottles and the tabs.

Question about requests... I called to request 4th floor, lake view and the CM (who seemed new as she had to consult "what options there were" - but she kept saying "It is so cute. You are going to love it there." like she had been there before.) said "There are no lake view rooms. Either parking lot or courtyard."

I KNOW there are rooms that overlook the lake - I have walked around the resort before and have seen them. Plus the screenshot of online check-in requests lists "lake view" as an option. So I plan to check 4th (or highest) floor and lake view - and I have my Touring Plans fax set with room selections meeting that and in writing requesting it.

But should I call back and try to get someone else to see if THEY will actually type it?

Question about requests... I called to request 4th floor, lake view and the CM (who seemed new as she had to consult "what options there were" - but she kept saying "It is so cute. You are going to love it there." like she had been there before.) said "There are no lake view rooms. Either parking lot or courtyard."

I KNOW there are rooms that overlook the lake - I have walked around the resort before and have seen them. Plus the screenshot of online check-in requests lists "lake view" as an option. So I plan to check 4th (or highest) floor and lake view - and I have my Touring Plans fax set with room selections meeting that and in writing requesting it.

But should I call back and try to get someone else to see if THEY will actually type it?

Keep in mind that the phone CMs are often clueless and only reading what's on their screen. I don't know what section/building you requested but I'm guessing the person you were talking to was looking at a building that does only have courtyard or parking lot views. You can call back and try again -- you'll eventually get to talk to someone who can enter the correct information. Or if you're not confident in their skills, just ask them to remove any room requests from your reservation. I think you'll be fine with the fax and the online indication choices.

As a side note, I had great results using the Touring Plan fax service this past summer. I indicated a specific room number since you have to do that, but in the notes I indicated that we didn't need that specific room and we were just hoping for something on that specific floor and hall and a view of the lake would be a bonus. We got the room right next door to the room I had indicated. It was perfect! I will use that service for any future stays. I didn't call to add any requests to our reservation, but when I did online check-in I only indicated choices that were the same as my fax request so as not to give contradictory requests. And I didn't check the box indicating that having our room ready at arrival was more important than getting our requests.

Good luck!

Keep in mind that the phone CMs are often clueless and only reading what's on their screen. I don't know what section/building you requested but I'm guessing the person you were talking to was looking at a building that does only have courtyard or parking lot views. You can call back and try again -- you'll eventually get to talk to someone who can enter the correct information. Or if you're not confident in their skills, just ask them to remove any room requests from your reservation. I think you'll be fine with the fax and the online indication choices.

As a side note, I had great results using the Touring Plan fax service this past summer. I indicated a specific room number since you have to do that, but in the notes I indicated that we didn't need that specific room and we were just hoping for something on that specific floor and hall and a view of the lake would be a bonus. We got the room right next door to the room I had indicated. It was perfect! I will use that service for any future stays. I didn't call to add any requests to our reservation, but when I did online check-in I only indicated choices that were the same as my fax request so as not to give contradictory requests. And I didn't check the box indicating that having our room ready at arrival was more important than getting our requests.

Good luck!

Thank you! I did call back just now and got someone much more helpful. Like I said, I think the girl this morning must have been new because she kept saying she just needed to "check and see what she could put". The woman I just spoke with was fantastic and even asked which building, so I told her the same building as the room I've indicated on the TP fax and she read things back to me exactly. :) Fingers crossed! (Though I know I'll have a good time anyway.)

And for sure I'll leave the early arrival box unchecked!

I have a question about the washateria.

Is it located in the LM section?
Also, are they HE or regular machines?

Where would be the least expensive place I can pick up a small bottle (enough for about three or four loads)? I don't want the little tabs since I have small children.
I checked the grocery store today, and all they had were small bottles and the tabs.

There are laundry facilities at each of the 3 pools -- so they are in the Little Mermaid area, Nemo, and Cars. I think they are regular (not HE) machines, but it's been many years since I've needed to do laundry on a Disney vacation so I'm not positive.

I've gotten small bottles of laundry detergent in the travel/sample size aisle at Target. I think the bottle was enough for 3-4 loads. They also sell single-load packets at Target, Walmart, and my local grocery store (all in the travel-size area of the store).

Thank you! I did call back just now and got someone much more helpful. Like I said, I think the girl this morning must have been new because she kept saying she just needed to "check and see what she could put". The woman I just spoke with was fantastic and even asked which building, so I told her the same building as the room I've indicated on the TP fax and she read things back to me exactly. :) Fingers crossed! (Though I know I'll have a good time anyway.)

And for sure I'll leave the early arrival box unchecked!

And just to further update this, the CM I spoke with over lunch who was super helpful actually without my asking her to sent me a new confirmation that shows the requests! Obviously it says "NOT GTD", but it's nice to see "in writing" that my requests are on there. And then will be backed up by my TP request fax as well as my choices when I check-in online.

Hi! We're planning a trip for next March. We were originally thinking about POR but we're now leaning more towards an LM room at AoA. We feel like it will be better for our daughter who will be a few weeks shy of 4 at the time of the trip.

I'm anxious about the walk between the LM rooms and the food court / buses. Is it really as far as I've read?

Hi! We're planning a trip for next March. We were originally thinking about POR but we're now leaning more towards an LM room at AoA. We feel like it will be better for our daughter who will be a few weeks shy of 4 at the time of the trip.

I'm anxious about the walk between the LM rooms and the food court / buses. Is it really as far as I've read?
Our 4 year old daughter loved it there. The walk was less than 10 minutes for us, passing cool Lion King stuff along the way. The pools and grounds are great.

Never waited long for a bus either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter