Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The walk is nothing at all! I really don't know what people are complaining about. It's like a 3 or 4 minute walk if even that, really not sure if those complaining walk at a snail's pace or if they are lazy and just don't like walking. :/

Wow. Maybe they have physical disabilities or they're dragging 3 very tired princesses or maybe they want to bring a tray full of food back to their room and that 3 or 4 minute walk turns into a 10 minute balancing act.

It could be any number of things other than being slow walkers or lazy.:rolleyes2

None of the posts I've seen states any of that, just that after the day at the park they didn't like the walk.

I was able to drag 3 suitcases and a bag along in about 5 or 6 mins at 3am in the morning when I was leaving and once again the walk didn't bother me, just the lack of sleep haha.

Even most nights with food from the foot court and shopping bags from the day I still didn't see a problem with it, even having a recent knee operation.

None of the posts I've seen states any of that, just that after the day at the park they didn't like the walk.

I was able to drag 3 suitcases and a bag along in about 5 or 6 mins at 3am in the morning when I was leaving and once again the walk didn't bother me, just the lack of sleep haha.

Even most nights with food from the foot court and shopping bags from the day I still didn't see a problem with it, even having a recent knee operation.

The walk doesn't bother me either but I don't suggest people who think it's a long walk are lazy like you did. Why would you want to come here and insult people like that?
I was only offering some possibilities other than laziness as to why many people don't like the distance from LM to the bus stop and food court.

I keep hearing complaints about the LM rooms at AOA. I am interested to know the actual time it takes in minutes to get from LM to the lobby or even a distance in miles. I am staying here in April and wanting to know before I leave how far am I looking at.

My FIL timed it and he said 7 minutes the one time from the back corner of building 9 to the buses (he timed everything! - anyways that's another story!) I'd have to say that's about what our pace was BUT we had 2 in strollers and alot of the times DD4 insisted on walking so we walked at her pace.

i've seen several people respond to this issue in minutes and the average seems to be about 7 minutes walk at a leisurely pace.

I'm lazy and hate walking, and even I don't think it's that far - but I don't have kids and a stroller to manage. I might feel differently if I did.

I timed the walk from the food court to my room and it was about 7 minutes just wandering along.

The walk is nothing at all! I really don't know what people are complaining about. It's like a 3 or 4 minute walk if even that, really not sure if those complaining walk at a snail's pace or if they are lazy and just don't like walking. :/

Thanks everyone, I was thinking that it might be some lazy people complaining about, just wanted to confirm my suspisions.

Thanks everyone, I was thinking that it might be some lazy people complaining about, just wanted to confirm my suspisions.

It's not even about lazy. If someone wants a lazy vacation, they can choose the beach. And honestly, if they want to be lazy on vacation, who the heck cares?

A lot of it depends on how you tour the parks. We stay in the parks, on our feet, for 12 hours or more many days. We don't typically take a rest day on our Disney trips. So the long walk back to our room at the end of the night is just more than I prefer to have. We were used to having a preferred room at the Pop, and usually requested something very close to the Hippy Dippy pool. So VERY close to the bus stops and food.

Being so far away at AoA just changed the way we went about things. No more running to the food court and bringing stuff back to the room. No running down to fill the mugs.

I really just prefer to invest my footsteps in park time. I liked AoA. It was a feast for the eyes. But next time? Right back to Pop.

So my Mom and dad are staying with myself DW and Ds2 in a cars family sweet. They both have decided to rent scooters for the week. Look at it and see if what I'm sayings makes sense. My mom will be 2 months out of knee surgery and my dad is just not in great health all around. Question to you all who have stayed in the suites.....will there be room for all of us and two scooters in the room? If not, is there a place within the resort to park them and plug them in that is safe?

Disney Dad Ga said:
So my Mom and dad are staying with myself DW and Ds2 in a cars family sweet. They both have decided to rent scooters for the week. Look at it and see if what I'm sayings makes sense. My mom will be 2 months out of knee surgery and my dad is just not in great health all around. Question to you all who have stayed in the suites.....will there be room for all of us and two scooters in the room? If not, is there a place within the resort to park them and plug them in that is safe?

You could definitely put one in front of the sink/kitchenette as that's where we parked our stroller at night. Maybe you could put both there, but you'd be hard pressed to use any of the kitchen then. I'm not sure it's wide enough on the side of the Murphy/innova, that would depend on how wide it is. We put our pack in play in the master by the bathroom so one would for there I think. I didn't see any charged/parked anywhere around property though.

My FIL timed it and he said 7 minutes the one time from the back corner of building 9 to the buses (he timed everything! - anyways that's another story!) I'd have to say that's about what our pace was BUT we had 2 in strollers and alot of the times DD4 insisted on walking so we walked at her pace.

Sounds like something my dad would do :rotfl2: love seniors and their quirks

Disney Dad Ga said:

Call and get swapped to a handicapped accessible suite with one roll-in shower. You should be close to the elevator and one shower will have a fold-down seat they can use if they get tired or are a fall risk. You'll also have a little more room in the suite to maneuver and park your scooters out of the way for charging. The scooters should regular 3-prong plugs and there are plenty of receptacles in the room. We had such a suite in Lion King in Dec and I posted pix and a video in the pictures thread if you want to take a look or search on YouTube for the video. Glad we opted for the accessible suite. Message me if you have any questions about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

I called WDW and they do not have any accessible rooms available when we are going. I also do not like the thoughts of taking up one of those rooms in case someone who really needs the extra features needs one. Both of my parents can walk and function normally, just not for any extended periods of time. My parents are also the type that park their scooters an stand in line at the parks because they say they feel they aren't really disabled. I'm sure we can make it work, it will just be crowded. Thanks for the info. I will also try and find the pics/video you referenced.

My apologizes to calling anyone lazy. I guess each there own on deciding what is far and what isn't.

I might consider LM rooms far after my upcoming trip, since last trip at POFQ I was spoiled as everything was under 5 minutes.

Just checked in about 45 minutes ago and I'm currently sitting by The Big Blue Pool, enjoying a "Sweet and Savory" platter and a beer from the cafeteria (which, along with a water, was $23...)

It's very colorful and the kiddies are having lots of fun. Right now it's not too crowded, so it's pretty relaxing!

The walk from the Little Mermaid building was nothing. I just went through the Lion King area and I was here! Having a great time so far, I'm glad I decided to try something new instead of Pop.

lstylr said:
Just checked in about 45 minutes ago and I'm currently sitting by The Big Blue Pool, enjoying a "Sweet and Savory" platter and a beer from the cafeteria (which, along with a water, was $23...)

It's very colorful and the kiddies are having lots of fun. Right now it's not too crowded, so it's pretty relaxing!

The walk from the Little Mermaid building was nothing. I just went through the Lion King area and I was here! Having a great time so far, I'm glad I decided to try something new instead of Pop.

What is a Sweet and Savoury platter?

cflmom said:
What is a Sweet and Savoury platter?

Just a plate of cheeses and fruit with bread and chocolate covered strawberries. It was actually quite good, the grapes were nice and fresh and the cheeses were delicious. Not worth $11.99 IMO but that's Disney.

Just a plate of cheeses and fruit with bread and chocolate covered strawberries. It was actually quite good, the grapes were nice and fresh and the cheeses were delicious. Not worth $11.99 IMO but that's Disney.

Ooooh, I love that! Bread and cheese for me and fruit for the kids! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter