Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a kiddie pool or splash area at AKL? Thinking about what would be suitable for our DS who will be 15 months old at the time of travel.

The kiddie pool area at Kidani is amazing -- spraying water, falling water, small water slide, etc. Some of it you'd need to be right there with him to keep him safe but a few things you could let him stroll around and explore. The main pool at Kidani is small and not nearly as nice as Jambo House's pool. I think the Kidani slide is better, but the pool itself is basic and pretty small. Jambo House's main pool has zero depth entry, a slide, and is much larger.

The Jambo House kiddie pool is just basic...nothing exciting, but you're able to utilize both pools when you stay at AKL so personally I'd want to stay at Jambo House due to convenience to the restaurants (esp The Mara) and make a little trip over to Kidani to swim. Or, you may be plenty happy with Jambo's pool offerings. :) At the Jambo House pool there is an area where they keep flamingos along the backside of the pool...definitely check that out!

The kiddie pool area at Kidani is amazing -- spraying water, falling water, small water slide, etc. Some of it you'd need to be right there with him to keep him safe but a few things you could let him stroll around and explore. The main pool at Kidani is small and not nearly as nice as Jambo House's pool. I think the Kidani slide is better, but the pool itself is basic and pretty small. Jambo House's main pool has zero depth entry, a slide, and is much larger.

The Jambo House kiddie pool is just basic...nothing exciting, but you're able to utilize both pools when you stay at AKL so personally I'd want to stay at Jambo House due to convenience to the restaurants (esp The Mara) and make a little trip over to Kidani to swim. Or, you may be plenty happy with Jambo's pool offerings. :) At the Jambo House pool there is an area where they keep flamingos along the backside of the pool...definitely check that out!

Sounds awesome!!! We were at the CR this year and there aren't really any good kiddie areas (granted DS was only 3 months old) but he will be 15 months next trip so we definitely wanted a fun place for him to splash around. :)

I booked a pool view bunk bed room at AKL. Can anyone tell me how I would find out if it's Jambo or Kidani? It's doesn't say on my reservation. Will we just find out when we get there?

I booked a pool view bunk bed room at AKL. Can anyone tell me how I would find out if it's Jambo or Kidani? It's doesn't say on my reservation. Will we just find out when we get there?
It will be Jambo.
Jambo is where all regular room reservations are located. You will be on Zebra or Giraffe trail with a pool view, very convenient for access to Mara, the quick service restaurant and the pool.
Kidani is DVC villas only and there are no villas which have bunk beds.

We just booked for a trip back to Jambo House, June 11-18, 2016. We are staying in a Grand Villa this time and I can't wait!!! It will be quite the upgrade since we usually stay in studios.

wonder if anyone can answer a question about a dvc stay. we are looking at the Kilimanjaro club concierge room. not to sure what this is, is there actually a club room at Kidani Village. I'm assuming that is where our booked stay would be. I know there is a club level at jambo but does kidani have one or do you need to trot over to jambo to take advantage of it? anyone able to tell me?

wonder if anyone can answer a question about a dvc stay. we are looking at the Kilimanjaro club concierge room. not to sure what this is, is there actually a club room at Kidani Village. I'm assuming that is where our booked stay would be. I know there is a club level at jambo but does kidani have one or do you need to trot over to jambo to take advantage of it? anyone able to tell me?

I am 99% sure that the Kilimanjaro Club is located on the 6th Floor of Jambo House. Why do you assume you'll be in Kidani? Jambo has both DVC and regular rooms.

I am 99% sure that the Kilimanjaro Club is located on the 6th Floor of Jambo House. Why do you assume you'll be in Kidani? Jambo has both DVC and regular rooms.
oh, I did not know that. so if I book using someones dvc points and book club level will I then be in jambo house or is it a flip of the coin? i'm just trying to figure out what I want to do but if I spend the extra $$ for club level and have to go from kidani to jambo to use it then its not so cost worth.
thanks for your information.

oh, I did not know that. so if I book using someones dvc points and book club level will I then be in jambo house or is it a flip of the coin? i'm just trying to figure out what I want to do but if I spend the extra $$ for club level and have to go from kidani to jambo to use it then its not so cost worth.

If you book Club Level you will be in Jambo. There is no Club Level lounge at Kidani. There's no way they could get away with charging as much $$ as they do for Club Level if you had to walk from Kidani over to Jambo just to enjoy the offerings in the lounge.

If you book Club Level you will be in Jambo. There is no Club Level lounge at Kidani. There's no way they could get away with charging as much $$ as they do for Club Level if you had to walk from Kidani over to Jambo just to enjoy the offerings in the lounge.
thank you soooo much. that really clarifies it for me.

There are five 2 bedroom lock off concierge DVC villas. Each lock off villa can be broken down into a 1 br. and a studio. So a total of five 1 br.s and 5 studios or if some one has booked a 2 br. then there are only 4 studios and four 1 br.s left, if two 2 br.s are booked, that leaves only 3 studios and three 1 br.s left, etc..
These 5 (or 10) villas are all located in Jambo on the 6th floor which is where the lounge is.
Be warned, using DVC points to reserve one of these concierge villas is very difficult because there are so few and they are so popular. You almost have to be using AKV points and booking right at the 11 month home resort window. Even so, you might be out of luck - for example 2 br.s and studios for 11 months from today are already gone. You never know, somebody might cancel and a villa could open up - but the AKV concierge villas are possibly the toughest DVC villas to get @ WDW.

Last edited:
There are five 2 bedroom lock off concierge DVC villas. Each lock off villa can be broken down into a 1 br. and a studio. So a total of five 1 br.s and 5 studios or if some one has booked a 2 br. then there are only 4 studios and four 1 br.s left, if two 2 br.s are booked, that leaves only 3 studios and three 1 br.s left, etc..
These 5 (or 10) villas are all located in Jambo on the 6th floor which is where the lounge is.
Be warned, using DVC points to reserve one of these concierge villas is very difficult because there are so few and they are so popular. You almost have to be using AKV points and booking right at the 11 month home resort window. Even so, you might be out of luck - for example 2 br.s and studios for 11 months from today are already gone. You never know, somebody might cancel and a villa could open up - but the AKV concierge villas are possibly the toughest DVC villas to get @ WDW.
is there a way to check without being a dvc member? also, do they all overlook the savannah?

is there a way to check without being a dvc member? also, do they all overlook the savannah?
No way to check unless you are a DVC member, and availability changes, so although when I just checked AKV DVC club villas and saw no studios or 2 bedrooms for more than 2 nights together for the next 11 months, and no 1 br.s for the next 7 months, that could change if I were to look again.
My understanding is that not all DVC concierge villas have savanna views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter