Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a way to check without being a dvc member? also, do they all overlook the savannah?
We just stayed in Kilimanjaro Club in June. The DVC rooms are on the 6th floor, as is the lounge. About half overlook the savannah and half overlook the pool. The savannah views are somewhat limited due to the thatch roof, which obstructs the view. The savannah itself is narrow in this area. We stayed in the first studio overlooking the savannah just off the lounge. It was very convenient for us. I originally booked the CL room to take advantage of the Sunrise Safari, which is no longer available, so we are unlikely to book CL again. We may have saved some money on meals, but, it used more points.
I think in order to check availability, you need to be a DVC member for the DVC rooms. The rooms are reserved very early. I had to get onto the computer to reserve mine at exactly 11 mos first thing in the morning. They are typically booked by noon. I know, because I checked in advance to know when to make the reservation. There are also concierge level rooms for cash paying guests, and those are on the 5th floor.

Last edited:
I just want to correct one thing delilah said about the cash Club Level rooms: they are on the 4th floor. The 5th floor is DVC non-Club Level rooms! I know, it gets very confusing - DVC vs non-DVC; Jambo vs Kidani! ;)

We just stayed in Kilimanjaro Club in June...

Quick question... In the past you have had to scan your KttW on the elevators in order for them to be able to take you up to the 6th Floor. Now with MBs, is there a scan in the elevators for MBs? Do they still give KttW to CL guests to do this?

Hey everyone! I've searched around and haven't been able to locate the answers to to my questions. I've booked my first stay to AKL Jambo house using rented DVC points we got a "standard view deluxe studio villa". I'm a bit confused by all of the room types listed in the very first post.. where are these rooms located? How long of a walk is it to the lobby ftom the rooms farthest away? I also wanted to ask how the bus service is to AKL, the most recent thread I found was 5 years old... I'm a little nervous about it being so far away from the parks. Thanks in advance everyone!

Hey everyone! I've searched around and haven't been able to locate the answers to to my questions. I've booked my first stay to AKL Jambo house using rented DVC points we got a "standard view deluxe studio villa". I'm a bit confused by all of the room types listed in the very first post.. where are these rooms located? How long of a walk is it to the lobby ftom the rooms farthest away? I also wanted to ask how the bus service is to AKL, the most recent thread I found was 5 years old... I'm a little nervous about it being so far away from the parks. Thanks in advance everyone!

That's what we had (and this was our first trip too)! DVC are on the 5th and 6th floor. We requested near lobby and near elevator, so it was close to everything, but standard views can be quite a few places. The bus service was our one disappointment. We've been staying at values and I felt like there we never waited on buses where as at AKL if we missed one it was a good 15 minutes or so until the next one. Could have just been our experience, but it definitely felt a little less frequent than the constant buses elsewhere.

Quick question... In the past you have had to scan your KttW on the elevators in order for them to be able to take you up to the 6th Floor. Now with MBs, is there a scan in the elevators for MBs? Do they still give KttW to CL guests to do this?
we just returned from CL and they do have the MB scan on the elevator. my husband did this and some of the guests non-CL were amazed. it really works well.

We are staying in the same room type in Febaury. There are several websites that can show you the exact location for all rooms of a particular type. Standard studios are placed pretty much all over the 5th floor. We stayed at Kidani 2 years ago and never had a problem with busses. We found the bus service to be a little better than moderates we have stayed at in the past.

We are staying in the same room type in Febaury. There are several websites that can show you the exact location for all rooms of a particular type. Standard studios are placed pretty much all over the 5th floor. We stayed at Kidani 2 years ago and never had a problem with busses. We found the bus service to be a little better than moderates we have stayed at in the past.

OK, good to know. Thank you! We've never stayed deluxe before just moderates and a value once. There are just the two bus stops right? One at Kidani and one at Jambo?

Hi there. First time poster in this thread! We are planning an April trip and have narrowed our resort choice between POFQ or AKL. However, if we stay at AKL we can only afford a standard view. What are your thoughts on this?

I can't remember if I have asked this already but how is the wifi in the rooms at Jambo? We've stayed at all three onsite hotels at Disneyland and found the wifi to be quite poor at times and completely unusable at others. I really hope AKL is better!

Thanks!

I can't remember if I have asked this already but how is the wifi in the rooms at Jambo? We've stayed at all three onsite hotels at Disneyland and found the wifi to be quite poor at times and completely unusable at others. I really hope AKL is better!

Thanks!
we recently spent a night there and the wifi was great, no problems at all. now, as i said, it was only one night so take that for what its worth.

Hi there. First time poster in this thread! We are planning an April trip and have narrowed our resort choice between POFQ or AKL. However, if we stay at AKL we can only afford a standard view. What are your thoughts on this?

You might or might not get an angle on a savannah, but there are lots of viewing areas outside the room. POFQ all "hallways" are outside and your views aren't that great from the room itself anyway. POFQ doesn't have any giraffes.

Unless you spend a lot of time in Disney Springs, totally AKL.

That's what we had (and this was our first trip too)! DVC are on the 5th and 6th floor. We requested near lobby and near elevator, so it was close to everything, but standard views can be quite a few places. The bus service was our one disappointment. We've been staying at values and I felt like there we never waited on buses where as at AKL if we missed one it was a good 15 minutes or so until the next one. Could have just been our experience, but it definitely felt a little less frequent than the constant buses elsewhere.
This is exactly how I feel. We are here now and if we are going somewhere at park opening, we walk to Kidani. The MK bus comes to Jambo and fills and leaves two morre bus loads of people and then the next one is 15-20 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter