• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Glad you enjoyed your room location. Sorry you had some sick kids. Hope you still got to enjoy some of the trip

We did, though we had seriously rotten luck with sick kids. One had a severe asthma attack that caused issues for a few days then once he got over that he got a stomach bug and was throwing up, another spiked a very high fever on day 3, and the last two came down with croup the last two days. I felt cursed.

Hi macraven! I just bopped over to this forum from the Universal side to check out All Star Sports as we found out last night that's where my daughter and her senior class will be staying last week in March. I didn't get very far in research when I saw your name. Can you tell me if the rooms have a refrigerator in them and if there are roughly the same size as the RPR ones ?

I just changed resorts for the first night of my trip because we are arriving so late and I am now booked at Sports. Our flight is due to arrive a little before 11:00 pm and we will be taking the magic express to the resort with carry on bags only. Is there any chance we would make it in time to get our mugs and buy milk from the food court for my little one? I might need it to get her back to sleep. Online it says the food court is open until 12 AM.

It just occurred to me that you could ask for a container or two of milk from a flight attendant, close to your landing time. It should be cold enough for a while, or you could add a couple ice cubes when you get to the room for her to have right away then! They usually offer milk cartons on planes.

Hi macraven! I just bopped over to this forum from the Universal side to check out All Star Sports as we found out last night that's where my daughter and her senior class will be staying last week in March. I didn't get very far in research when I saw your name. Can you tell me if the rooms have a refrigerator in them and if there are roughly the same size as the RPR ones ?

I can tell you they have fridges in each room. Probably the same size; most hotel fridges are mini ones but they can hold a lot!

PS: DD and I are going March 17 - 25! She's also a senior in highschool. She loves to meet other Dis boards folks, so if anyone wants to meet up by the pool and have a drink let me know!

Hi homie!!

The fridge for sports is identical to the ones at RPR

The fridge is in the dresser cabinet just the same as RPR

Would have answered sooner but did not get home until 10 last night

Drove for this Disney/Universal trip but plan to fly from now on

I 75 is horrible to be on when they close it when accidents happen
It shut down when I was at the ramp
Took me forever to get home

It just occurred to me that you could ask for a container or two of milk from a flight attendant, close to your landing time. It should be cold enough for a while, or you could add a couple ice cubes when you get to the room for her to have right away then! They usually offer milk cartons on planes.

Milk was never offered as a drink option and I never thought to ask for it when flying. I am flying American Airlines. Any firsthand experience with them offering milk?

Milk was never offered as a drink option and I never thought to ask for it when flying. I am flying American Airlines. Any firsthand experience with them offering milk?

Yes, milk is listed under complimentary beverages in the main cabin, along with soft drinks. Unless for some weird reason that they run out, they should have it.

Bring an empty sippy cup or two just in case you need it!

Hey there!

We're going back to the World in November and doing a split stay for the first time (renting DVC points for 7 nights, but first three nights will be value resort).

We haven't been to All Star Resorts for the past 5 years (stayed at Pop instead) so I'm wondering : are buses still shared between all three resorts?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there!

We're going back to the World in November and doing a split stay for the first time (renting DVC points for 7 nights, but first three nights will be value resort).

We haven't been to All Star Resorts for the past 5 years (stayed at Pop instead) so I'm wondering : are buses still shared between all three resorts?

Thanks in advance!
Yes-at times.:)

Here is some info you may find helpful.:)

I kept a "log" during one of my trips to All-Star Sports.

(Times are actual "Travel Times"-they don't include "waiting for the bus times").

It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes
from Music to Movies

I also did some Park Hopping:

Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.

Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
Express Monorail----4 minutes

Friendship between Epcot and DHS----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18-
Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
(BOG Breakfast!)
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

Time to board THE LIBRARY BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

while i was at Sports from Jan 29 thru Feb 4, we never shared a bus with the sister hotels.

the busses in the morning (9:30) and afternoon (3) were not filled and still did not stop at the others.

returning at the closing time of the parks, all 3 hotels had their own busses

may not be like that all the time but when i went, it was not a crowded period.

Hey there!

Thanks in advance!

My son and I were there in December and were making our way to MK around 11am and we walked up and there was a bus pulling away. Right behind it was a long bus that let people off and our driver had us get right on and didn't wait at all and went straight to MK. Private ride to MK! It was awesome!

Wondering if anyone has used the running path around the All Stars and what you thought of it.

Planning our first trip to Sports October 2017. We have stayed POR, CB and POP but thought we would try Sports. Just a few questions.
1. Are the standard rooms very far away? Is it worth the extra money for preferred?
2. In October, do you think we will be sharing buses with the other all stars?
3. Is there anyway to see if large groups of kids will be there the same time? We have encountered dance teams in the past and they were a bit annoying.
Thanks in advance

Preferred buildings are closest to food court and busses
Some buildings non preferred such as baseball are a very short walk to those places
Last early October I stayed at Sports and never shares a bus

Depending on what part of October you will be there, fair chance of a group staying there

End of January, early February I stayed at Sports this year

Cheering group was present and they were the best behaved group I have ever seen
They were not loud and a pleasure to be around

Preferred buildings are closest to food court and busses
Some buildings non preferred such as baseball are a very short walk to those places
Last early October I stayed at Sports and never shares a bus

Depending on what part of October you will be there, fair chance of a group staying there

End of January, early February I stayed at Sports this year

Cheering group was present and they were the best behaved group I have ever seen
They were not loud and a pleasure to be around
Thank you so much for your quick response

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter