Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I just booked a 4 night stay, 3/15 to 3/19, in a preferred room. It looks like Americheer competitions are that weekend. Anyone have any advice on a good room location to request that's close to the buses but also less likely to be overrun with the cheer group, if that's possible?

I would ask at check in. They will know where they have placed the Americheer crowd. Typically I like on the back side of the buildings for being quiet rooms.

We're taking a quick weekend trip this coming weekend, first time staying at All Star Sports (and it's been forever since we stayed at Pop) - I'm looking to confirm that the room will be stocked with soap and shampoo and a hair dryer. Thanks!

We're taking a quick weekend trip this coming weekend, first time staying at All Star Sports (and it's been forever since we stayed at Pop) - I'm looking to confirm that the room will be stocked with soap and shampoo and a hair dryer. Thanks!

Yes, yes and yes.

Just got back from a 10 day trip to Sports and it was a great trip. We got our requested building (10 in Home Run), but not our requested floor (1). We were on the 3rd floor on the back side, very close to the elevator. The room was great, as always. We had wonderful Mousekeeping, who kept our room clean and us in plenty of towels. The only time we came back midday and our room wasn't cleaned yet we just asked for towels. Every other day our room was done early in the day.

We ate at the food court a few times, bacon cheeseburger, pasta, Mickey waffles, a lot of smoothies, a breakfast sandwich, muffins, bacon, etc. Everything was good. We bought the refillable mugs and more than got our money out of that purchase! Iced tea, hot tea, powerade, hot chocolate. We took the bus from one of the parks to Music once and had quesadillas, which were awesome. Wish Sports still served them. Management at Music was awesome as I bought some crackers and mentioned to the cashier (who turned out to be the manager) that I wasn't feeling well and he offered to get me saltines and ginger ale. I declined, but was very impressed that he offered.

I was running the marathon and had a package delivered (warm tights for my costume!) to the resort and they were great about tracking it down and getting it to my room quickly. The transportation for the race from Sports to the expo and the race start was fast and efficient. I would stay here again for any rundisney race.

Busses to the parks were great too! Never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and never had to stand. We tried out the Express Bus between parks and would do that again for sure too! So nice to hop and not go thru security/bag check at each park!

All in all it was a great trip and we can't wait to go back again. Unfortunately we don't have another trip planned this year. :(

Just got back from a 10 day trip to Sports and it was a great trip. We got our requested building (10 in Home Run), but not our requested floor (1). We were on the 3rd floor on the back side, very close to the elevator. The room was great, as always. We had wonderful Mousekeeping, who kept our room clean and us in plenty of towels. The only time we came back midday and our room wasn't cleaned yet we just asked for towels. Every other day our room was done early in the day.

We ate at the food court a few times, bacon cheeseburger, pasta, Mickey waffles, a lot of smoothies, a breakfast sandwich, muffins, bacon, etc. Everything was good. We bought the refillable mugs and more than got our money out of that purchase! Iced tea, hot tea, powerade, hot chocolate. We took the bus from one of the parks to Music once and had quesadillas, which were awesome. Wish Sports still served them. Management at Music was awesome as I bought some crackers and mentioned to the cashier (who turned out to be the manager) that I wasn't feeling well and he offered to get me saltines and ginger ale. I declined, but was very impressed that he offered.

I was running the marathon and had a package delivered (warm tights for my costume!) to the resort and they were great about tracking it down and getting it to my room quickly. The transportation for the race from Sports to the expo and the race start was fast and efficient. I would stay here again for any rundisney race.

Busses to the parks were great too! Never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus and never had to stand. We tried out the Express Bus between parks and would do that again for sure too! So nice to hop and not go thru security/bag check at each park!

All in all it was a great trip and we can't wait to go back again. Unfortunately we don't have another trip planned this year. :(
Glad you had a great time. I'm not familiar with the express bus. What is this exactly?

Just got back from Sports too!:)

Wasn't that an interseting "scene" there with the Cheerleaders AND the SATGs?!:)

Glad you had a great time. I'm not familiar with the express bus. What is this exactly?

You pay $15 a day or $24 for up to 7 days to take a bus from inside a park to inside another park. They run to each park every half hour, like MK 12:00, 12:30, AK 12:10 & 12:40, HS 12:20 & 12:50 etc. We thought it was a great service.

Just got back from Sports too!:)

Wasn't that an interseting "scene" there with the Cheerleaders AND the SATGs?!:)

Ugh, Cheerleaders! At least the college cheerleaders were better than the high school ones when I was visiting last year!

Thanks for answering for me. :)

I would give a slight nod to the HIGH-FLYING Cheerleaders!:)

32371667606_0dcb30268c_c.jpg

Your 2017 National College Coed Champion Kentucky Wildcats!:)

As part of Sports Fan Friday they had little plastic animals lined up on the Front Desk from one end to the other and were giving them out to Guests.

My "Lifeguard Duck" made for a cute momento of my Holiday.:)

32371656096_ffe2ff1d8f_c.jpg

I just booked a 4 night stay, 3/15 to 3/19, in a preferred room. It looks like Americheer competitions are that weekend. Anyone have any advice on a good room location to request that's close to the buses but also less likely to be overrun with the cheer group, if that's possible?

I check in on 3/17 for 8 nights with my DD (girls trip). I hope the cheer kids aren't too rowdy or loud! We don't stay up late. Only request I'm making is top floor (seems to be much quieter on a high floor, even though we'll need to use elevators since she'll be in her wheelchair).

Just switched from all-star music to all-star sports for April and saved about $30 per night! Took advantage of the new deal for the spring, sports is currently $150 a night, cheaper than any other resort on property.
Sorry but your TA is incorrect
Both touchdown buildings are preferred

Is this true? TouringPlans seems to list touchdown as having non-preferred rooms?

Just switched from all-star music to all-star sports for April and saved about $30 per night! Took advantage of the new deal for the spring, sports is currently $150 a night, cheaper than any other resort on property.

Is this true? TouringPlans seems to list touchdown as having non-preferred rooms?
when i was there october, touchdown was preferred

i'll be back at sports on the 29th, i'll find out then.

did TP say this is a new change for Sports making it no longer a preferred?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter