• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

What is everyone's opinion on standard vs preferred rooms? Is it worth the extra charge?
Depends on how much. Personally I don't think its worth it since its not that big of a resort. Stayed in both Homerun and hoops- short walks but preferred homerun.

Looking for updated recommendations(since this thread is so old). I am staying here for the first time in 2 weeks in a Standard Room. Can you make some recommendations of room requests I should make? Don't care @walking much bc I have teens. ideally closest to pool or bus stops would be more important that to the food court/lobby. Oh and we don't have a car so parking not important.

TIA

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a standard room request? Ideally closest to bus stops. Totally unfamiliar with this resort.
Thanks in advance

Had a great stay at ASSp, bldg 5, 3rd floor; was pretty quiet until Friday when a lot of girls lacrosse players checked in, we got out just in time.

As others have posted food was good at the food court, especially the steak dinner. Turkey panini at lunch was very good.

Sis had text when we landed at MCO that her room was ready, I did not but was ready when we checked at the Front Desk when we arrived; got the connecting rooms we had requested.

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a standard room request? Ideally closest to bus stops. Totally unfamiliar with this resort.
Thanks in advance

Just got back. Was in Hoops building 2, rooms 2124 and 2125, first floor. Very quiet. Although on the map it looks far from the bus and lobby, honestly was a very short walk, 5 minutes or so, and even shorter to the pool. We have stayed at POR and CSR and CBR and those resorts are much bigger and spread out than AS Sports. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Edit: sorry just saw the OP is probably already in wdw. oops

Last edited:
Also, just back, was put in Home Run Building 8. Agreed it is a small resort and walking to and from main building.busses was no problem at all. We were in 8248 so it was the backside of the building and that was nice as no noise at all. The GrandSlam pool was closed for refurb at the time so that kept noise down too.

I will add that the Pop Warner teams started coming in the last night and the hotel was LOUD everywhere. The foot court took my DD 30 min to get a milkshake and this was 9pm. Insane! If I were going during those times in the future, I'd stay away from the places the Pop Warner teams are.

Lastly, this hotel was perfect for our needs, we were not in the hotel much over our 4 night trip. Bed were comfortable. MouseKeeping was great. We did not eat @Food Court for any meals so I cannot attest to that. The Bar area was very small and lots of adults trying to get drinks, took over 15 minutes just for the bar tender to take our order and there were only @20 people there total. OF course, space around the bathroom sink was very limited but we used the little side shelves of the TV/Bureau cabinet for all of out toiletries. Used the top of the cabinet for our food. Only 3 drawers so that was tight but we made due. Well worth the price for a short trip.

This has probably already been asked and answered earlier in the post about our lovely AS Sports resort but I haven't seen it so I figured I will ask anyway. If I'm curious, someone else probably is also.

I believe I have read that AS Sports has laundry facilities, where are they located? Also, does anyone know the cost?

This has probably already been asked and answered earlier in the post about our lovely AS Sports resort but I haven't seen it so I figured I will ask anyway. If I'm curious, someone else probably is also.

I believe I have read that AS Sports has laundry facilities, where are they located? Also, does anyone know the cost?
I don't remember how much they were but they are by the 2 pools. You need your magic band (or card) to access the door. In the same building as the pool restroom I believe. :)

And the Washers/Dryers are $3.00.

They are new machines and use a Credit Card system and can be "monitored" online.:)

There is "enviro-friendly" detergent and dryer sheets in a vending machine.

Music and Movies also have Laundries at all of their Pools.:)

Also, just back, was put in Home Run Building 8. Agreed it is a small resort and walking to and from main building.busses was no problem at all. We were in 8248 so it was the backside of the building and that was nice as no noise at all. The GrandSlam pool was closed for refurb at the time so that kept noise down too.

I will add that the Pop Warner teams started coming in the last night and the hotel was LOUD everywhere. The foot court took my DD 30 min to get a milkshake and this was 9pm. Insane! If I were going during those times in the future, I'd stay away from the places the Pop Warner teams are.

Lastly, this hotel was perfect for our needs, we were not in the hotel much over our 4 night trip. Bed were comfortable. MouseKeeping was great. We did not eat @Food Court for any meals so I cannot attest to that. The Bar area was very small and lots of adults trying to get drinks, took over 15 minutes just for the bar tender to take our order and there were only @20 people there total. OF course, space around the bathroom sink was very limited but we used the little side shelves of the TV/Bureau cabinet for all of out toiletries. Used the top of the cabinet for our food. Only 3 drawers so that was tight but we made due. Well worth the price for a short trip.

Yikes...I was afraid of this! We arrive later tonight! But, our stay is free (Delta miles), so I'm sucking it up!!

We just returned from a nice stay at Sports that was free with miles. I had low expectations since it was Pop Warner week. We checked in Thursday, checked out today. Room request honored (top floor), and we were in a preferred room in building 6 facing the kiddie pool area. No noise, and overall a good experience. Only complaint is that yesterday we waited 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot that never came. We called an Uber, so who knows how much longer it would've been.

We are here at AS Sports now and I have to say this is the most quiet I have ever seen this resort. The parks are packed but the resort is not and maybe it is because we have always been here when there is some sort of kids sports going on but it seems to be more families and no groups. We are in the Touchdown building 1st room closes to the food court in building 7 and it is very convenient and a short walk.

but it seems to be more families and no groups.
Yes,I think that is why Sports feels "quiet"-you are in a no groups "sweet spot".:)

(July is NOT a no goups "sweet spot"!lol)
28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter