Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at Sports for the first time in Dec (free dining). Have stayed at ASMO, ASMU, and Pop several times. I know my son is excited about staying at Sports. I had ASMU booked but just found out the food court will be closed during our travel dates. I am trying not to be disappointed but Sports has always seemed the Value resort with the least "Disney" feel to it. I hope I am wrong. I will be traveling solo with my 2 youngest on this trip and would like to be close to the bus stop and food court. Which building would be a good choice without being "preferred"?

We are staying at Sports for the first time in Dec (free dining). Have stayed at ASMO, ASMU, and Pop several times. I know my son is excited about staying at Sports. I had ASMU booked but just found out the food court will be closed during our travel dates. I am trying not to be disappointed but Sports has always seemed the Value resort with the least "Disney" feel to it. I hope I am wrong. I will be traveling solo with my 2 youngest on this trip and would like to be close to the bus stop and food court. Which building would be a good choice without being "preferred"?

Sports was the first of the values to be built so the lobby/check in is smaller than the other two.
it is still roomy but does not have the extra long check in counter.
other than that, it is similar to the other two All Stars.

Touchdown 10 would be my choice.
if your room is closer to the main lobby, it is a short walk to the busses.
if your room is TD 10 on the first floor but by the bleachers that separate it from the next set of buildings, just a staight walk to the main lobby too.

i always request the back side of TD 10 away from the football court/field, but state the end closer to the food court/main lobby area.

TD 7 is also decent.
if you are on the football field section, short walk to the food court/main lobby

the rooms directly facing the football field on the first floor, can carry noise to your room.
people walking on the sidewalk area talking loudly, kids on the fb field playing, etc.
if you are on the second floor, you do not hear the noise.

Haha Don't worry Sports seems to get the least amount of love around here so I think we are all safe! :thumbsup2

We are doing Sports in August and CSR the last week in April/first week in May so we will just miss you! I'm hoping to book a bounceback this August for CSR Business Class. I stayed there last January and loved it.

:worship::worship::worship: MacRaven you are the Queen of Sports!

It's nice to see some familiar faces in here!

Well my dates for CSR trip are not set in stone yet so perhaps we will cross paths. When is Easter next year? If it falls during the last week in April then we will not be going then. My alzheimers or old timers is acting up, is there any discounts that were offered in that frame for this year or in the past. Nothing like saving a little money along the way:thumbsup2

Sports was the first of the values to be built so the lobby/check in is smaller than the other two.
it is still roomy but does not have the extra long check in counter.
other than that, it is similar to the other two All Stars.

Touchdown 10 would be my choice.
if your room is closer to the main lobby, it is a short walk to the busses.
if your room is TD 10 on the first floor but by the bleachers that separate it from the next set of buildings, just a staight walk to the main lobby too.

i always request the back side of TD 10 away from the football court/field, but state the end closer to the food court/main lobby area.

TD 7 is also decent.
if you are on the football field section, short walk to the food court/main lobby

the rooms directly facing the football field on the first floor, can carry noise to your room.
people walking on the sidewalk area talking loudly, kids on the fb field playing, etc.
if you are on the second floor, you do not hear the noise.

Absolutely. You can't go wrong with a room in the touchdown section. One trip going solo they put me on the back side of the football field and it was a hop, skip, and jump to the food court.

Well my dates for CSR trip are not set in stone yet so perhaps we will cross paths. When is Easter next year? If it falls during the last week in April then we will not be going then. My alzheimers or old timers is acting up, is there any discounts that were offered in that frame for this year or in the past. Nothing like saving a little money along the way:thumbsup2

Well it was the week before the last week in April this year so next year I think it will fall in late March early April but I could be wrong! Every time I have gone at the end of April there has always been a "Magic Your Way" package discount but you could always check the bounceback offer on your upcoming stay at Sports too!

The updated food court has a nice new Disney / Mickey Mouse theme to it. I also agree that Touchdown is the place to be.

Easter for 2015 is Friday April 3, 2015 and Sunday April 6, 2015.

Not sure what this is answering, but Easter is Sunday April 5, 2015, not the 6th.

Well it was the week before the last week in April this year so next year I think it will fall in late March early April but I could be wrong! Every time I have gone at the end of April there has always been a "Magic Your Way" package discount but you could always check the bounceback offer on your upcoming stay at Sports too!

I will have to check that out:thumbsup2

I will be there in less than two months so I'll let you know the bounceback offer that is in my folder :)

Just got back from a week stay at AS Sports! It was great! I was worried that the room and resort itself would feel cramped but it wasn't at all. Even with a 5 year old and a 2 year old we had plenty of room. We were in Touchdown Building 7, which was a perfect spot - close to parking (we drove everyday instead of taking the buses just because it was easier for us) and close to the lobby/food court and pool, yet quiet because we were on the second floor and the boys could nap well. The mini-fridge was plenty big enough. We spent a lot of time in the room as the boys needed a nap every day. We ate lunch at the hotel food court everyday and it was DELICIOUS! I was afraid I'd be eating burgers everyday but we had so much variety! Over the course of the week we had nachos, chicken quesadillas, chili-cheese dogs, pizza, sushi (premade), cajun fish sandwich, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese and my DS5, true to form, ate a Uncrustables PB & J EVERY DAY! All in all it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely go there again.

Just got back from a week stay at AS Sports! It was great! I was worried that the room and resort itself would feel cramped but it wasn't at all. Even with a 5 year old and a 2 year old we had plenty of room. We were in Touchdown Building 7, which was a perfect spot - close to parking (we drove everyday instead of taking the buses just because it was easier for us) and close to the lobby/food court and pool, yet quiet because we were on the second floor and the boys could nap well. The mini-fridge was plenty big enough. We spent a lot of time in the room as the boys needed a nap every day. We ate lunch at the hotel food court everyday and it was DELICIOUS! I was afraid I'd be eating burgers everyday but we had so much variety! Over the course of the week we had nachos, chicken quesadillas, chili-cheese dogs, pizza, sushi (premade), cajun fish sandwich, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese and my DS5, true to form, ate a Uncrustables PB & J EVERY DAY! All in all it was a great place to stay and I'd definitely go there again.

Nice to know you had a great stay!!

i missed reading your post.

when i was at Sports in january, there were no papers on the table for the bounce back.
there was an informational leaflet though.

looking thru it it had a statement that you could book the bounce back by dialing the number from your room only.

it was valid for pretty much of this year.

i did a room only in january but a package for the coming up trip.
free dining.

since i go and stay at Sports regularly, i usually do not look thru the advertisements they have on the table.
this time i did and did note the bb offer.

Does anyone know what the movie schedule is yet? I know it's only the first... but you know us Disers... we are planners! :rotfl:

Does anyone know what the movie schedule is yet? I know it's only the first... but you know us Disers... we are planners!

July schedule:

Sunday: Vote: Up or Brave
Monday: Toy Story
Tuesday: Tangled
Wednesday: The Fox and the Hound
Thursday: Frozen
Friday: Meet the Robinsons
Saturday: Chicken Little

I am getting antsy for my trip and it is over 4 months away:lmao::lmao:

First time going to Disney is 3 years. Having my knee surgery on the 17th, getting a partial menisectomy. Went to the Dr. this past Monday and he said that the meniscus is like mush in there, all tore up. He is going to trim out the bad stuff. I plan on being up and springing into action soon after that. Now to get my walking in to get ready for Disney because that is all you do there: is walk for miles...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter