Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

This is the first time I've ever registered someone else for a RunDisney event. I double checked and his email address is linked to his race registration but he hasn't gotten any emails about it. I've gotten emails for both my registration and his registration. Anyone know if he should be getting emails? If he can set up his own RunDisney account and link his race registration to it? Or, is it all stuck under my account?

Thanks everyone!

Start (link)
Queue Delayed until 10:15am ET (link)
Wait times posted at 10:21am ET *Marking this as official "start" time (link)
Challenge sold out in 27 min (link)
Yoga sold out in 34 min (link)
5k sold out in 42 min (link)
10k sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 54 min (link)
Kids Race sold out in 57 min (link)

Less than an hour. Yeesh! I had a feeling this was going to be popular, but not this popular.

This is the first time I've ever registered someone else for a RunDisney event. I double checked and his email address is linked to his race registration but he hasn't gotten any emails about it. I've gotten emails for both my registration and his registration. Anyone know if he should be getting emails? If he can set up his own RunDisney account and link his race registration to it? Or, is it all stuck under my account?

Thanks everyone!
I'm interested to know all this too :)

So for registering today, I had one tab open on my work laptop, one on my personal cell and one on my work cell.

Everything started out as over an hour wait, but the work laptop ended up dropping to 14 minutes about 10 minutes after opening. The other 2 never dropped below an hour.

After the initial registration for the dumbo dare, after reflecting for a bit, I clicked on registration on my work laptop again and went straight through to the registration page for the 5k, despite the two phones still being in queue. (Exact same thing happened to me for registration for Marathon Weekend last year.) The first time I tried to submit registration for the 5k, it glitched and I reloaded the page. The second time it told me it was sold out.

If the queue you used on your work laptop is the one you opened in that exact browser and not incognito (if you closed the browser before opening a new queue) then it was still the same queue available that let you in. They stay active for about 10 minutes after your window opens and the cookies remember what your previous place in line was. It helps for those who might have closed or refreshed the window.

I had 6 minute wait the first time, entered all the info and it kept making me log in, then hit pay, then it would make me log in over and over. Finally gave up and by the time my laptop window came about, DDD was sold out! Blah!

In for the half along with 12 friends all coming from Florida!! So excited!

Does anyone know what happens if someone registers for a half and 10K through Disney, then gets a Challenge bib through a charity?

Obviously the person can't run using both... will Disney allow the Challenge bib registration in this case? If so, can they cancel the half and 10K registrations and let them open up for others?

Friend of mine is in this position (if he can find a challenge bib!) -- it's never happened to me over all of these years, so I have no idea!

Thanks everyone!
IIRC from last year's MW registration, the other person will not get any emails until you "transfer" the registration to their account. I registered DH for 2 races and he got 0 emails about it.
Now. In order to not have a "disappearing registration" you have to have used EXACTLY the same name in the other person's account (Matt vs Matthew as an example), middle intial/no middle initial, and the same email address. Otherwise, when you "send" it to the other person it will disappear from your dashboard and not show up in theirs (this is why you keep those confirmation emails!) and you need to either email rundisney about it or take care of it at the expo since this is a known issue. No cause for panic, although it can obviously make you nervous. (This happened when I registered SIL and included her middle initial AND she changed jobs/emails between registration and the expo, so there was no way for her to access anything since her previous email got shut down......and it wasn't even her MDE account email, which was a whole other thing....but everything was fine and it took less than 5min at the expo to "fix.")

If this is also the same as last year's MW, your waiver should be available immediately (?) or very soon, and THAT's what you need to use to "send" the registration to the other person.

Does anyone know what happens if someone registers for a half and 10K through Disney, then gets a Challenge bib through a charity?

Obviously the person can't run using both... will Disney allow the Challenge bib registration in this case? If so, can they cancel the half and 10K registrations and let them open up for others?

Friend of mine is in this position (if he can find a challenge bib!) -- it's never happened to me over all of these years, so I have no idea!
They will allow the challenge for sure. If it opens back up at any point they can try to upgrade either registration to the challenge.
If they get registered for the challenge via charity, they can email rD and ask for a refund of the other 2, but about a 50/50 shot at success, sometimes emailing multiple times increases those odds as they all give different answers.

They will allow the challenge for sure. If it opens back up at any point they can try to upgrade either registration to the challenge.
If they get registered for the challenge via charity, they can email rD and ask for a refund of the other 2, but about a 50/50 shot at success, sometimes emailing multiple times increases those odds as they all give different answers.

Thanks so much!!

Wonder what the odd are that they reopen the races... I haven't really tracked than in past years...

All WDW races have been opening back up sporadically, there is a Twitter account that tracks them and posts. But they usually are gone in less than a minute, so you have to be very quick.
Disney is probably single-handedly responsible for turning millions of people in stalkers over the years... lol!

Have the races each opened up just once, or several times? I vaguely remember some races years ago reopening multiple times... or maybe I'm imagining that...?

All WDW races have been opening back up sporadically, there is a Twitter account that tracks them and posts. But they usually are gone in less than a minute, so you have to be very quick.
I'm in a Disneyland race group on Facebook that has been chatting about this. It was moved from Twitter to telegram (which I had never heard of before this morning)

We’re registered for 5k plus Dumbo x 3. Definitely feel fortunate that even with a random glitch at checkout, we made it in ok. I’d filled everything out for myself and my youngest for both the challenge and 5k, but had a glitch once I was finalizing payment. Went back through and just did the challenge for both of us since that was the priority. My laptop was the winner today, and then I registered the two of us on my iPhone for the 5K. My hubby got through on his work computer first, but after my two devices had already gone through. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Of course that initial attempt at checkout is pending on my credit card - great to have $2000+ in RD fees currently pending. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Now moving on to Tron AP preview registration tomorrow and DVC if they release dates for our spring break stay. My eye twitch won’t be going away any time soon. 😵‍💫🥴

Oh, and random question about preordering merch since I’ve never done it before…are you usually able to get your merch discount? We’re Magic Key holders and DVC, but nothing is showing up at checkout?🤔

I'm in a Disneyland race group on Facebook that has been chatting about this. It was moved from Twitter to telegram (which I had never heard of before this morning)
They are currently still using Twitter (well, they've been using both for a while). There was supposed to be a new "feature" on Twitter yesterday, but that didn't happen. But that might change again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter