Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Disney is probably single-handedly responsible for turning millions of people in stalkers over the years... lol!

Have the races each opened up just once, or several times? I vaguely remember some races years ago reopening multiple times... or maybe I'm imagining that...?
Check that twitter account linked earlier, I followed for a bit when I was thinking about signing up for MW 2023 late. It's dozens of times, and I'm guessing it's often just one bib that pops up. You have to be insanely quick if it's a high demand race weekend, and this weekend is definitely that.

I feel like I should have a standard complaint to RunDisney email ready to go wiht a "fill in the blank" of IT problems that impacted registration. Today's was the loop at check out to the sign in page. The RunDisney tweet about registering today is full of people with the same issue. I would really like to hear what goes on in those meetings. Do they just not care? There must be thousands of complaints every time.

Have a couple of questions. Missed out on registration for myself, sister, mum and dad. Mum’s the most upset cuz she’s the biggest runner of all of us.

I’ve seen mention that they periodically open up registrations after the initial day of registrations. Is there a way to track this accurately, aside from twitter? I’ve turned on notifications for some accounts mentioned here.

In conjunction with this, should registrations open up, is there a way to pre-fill details so as to have a better chance at registering?

If I’m intending on signing myself and 3 family members up, would I need to wait for 4 spots for the Dumbo Challenge to open, or could I do one each individually as they open up?

I was trying to sign up from Australia, and was wondering if this would have had any effect on registration as well. I have a U.S. address and phone number I’m able to use.

Any and all answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Would love to be able to get my Mum running these races!

My friend was able to register both her and I for the 5K and 10K but other friends (first timers to rD) weren't able to get in at all. As soon as they started registering for the 5K it sold out. They are so bummed. I'm hoping more races will be announced and they will be able to get lucky then. I'm so excited for my friend and I but I feel so awful for my other friends.

I feel like I should have a standard complaint to RunDisney email ready to go wiht a "fill in the blank" of IT problems that impacted registration. Today's was the loop at check out to the sign in page. The RunDisney tweet about registering today is full of people with the same issue. I would really like to hear what goes on in those meetings. Do they just not care? There must be thousands of complaints every time.
It's weird how inconsistent it is, too. I didn't have a single glitch today

Maybe it was my browser? I was on Edge for the link I got here and ended up registering with. In the past I've registered on Chrome with no issues.

Edge incognito queues are the ones that have been the most successful for me the past few Queue Its (other browsers tried were DuckDuckGo, Chrome, and Firefox). But I usually toss the links into Chrome to actually utilize them.

So when should I buy the pre order... I would prefer to put that on the next credit card bill to spread out the bills. Is it safe to wait that long?
I think some stuff is safer to wait on them others. If they do sell out. Which who knows if it will. But like Loungeflies and Spirit Jerseys are pretty popular. So probably if you’re getting one I would get that first whenever you do get it.

You probably have a bit because people probably bypassed preordering to make sure to get a bib. But how long is unclear.

Listen, we were all on edge, but what browser were you using? :duck:
Edited to add: Very interested to see my Garmin heart rate data because I was stressed and may have sweated a little.
I pulled up my Garmin stress levels afterward and I'm pretty sure my watch thought I was being chased and mauled to death. I don't think I have seen the stress levels that high before. :rotfl: It also showed when I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking about registration and the nightmare I had about missing registration. :rotfl2:

Can someone remind me how it would work if I'm able to grab a Dumbo bib and already have a half registration? Do I grab the Dumbo and then have Disney refund me the half?

I've never had to deal with this before so I guess it was my turn.

I wonder about this as well... a friend was able to register for a half and a 10K... if he finds a challenge bib, what does Disney do about that... Can he to be registered for both... do they convert it somehow...?
I did this during SS registration in August 2022 - I got the half and 10k but wanted to do the challenge (which was still open). They converted my Half to the Challenge and refunded my 10k fee. I was impressed! E-mail them and ask.

I am honestly so upset right now. I got stuck in the login loop. This happened to me for princess too and I talked to Rd and was told it was fixed. Then when my other device was at the front of the queue I enter everything, go to checkout and somehow it puts the wrong address in the cc field (I know this wasn't on my end as I didn't have the card when I lived their 5 years ago, and I deleted that address from everything). Go back and fix, then payment won't go through. I click it multiple times, get charged multiple times. Then everything is sold out.

Try to email rd and it won't go through. Call them. Oh they can't help over the phone only email can help but all email circuits are currently full.

I was traveling with others who got in. Im so upset. I know it's 'just a race' but seriously do better. Looking for a charity spot but not feeling hopeful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter