Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

So... I kind of got in for the Challange....
Umm I did my auto fill and it put in my sons name for the first name part. Everything else is me....
I emailed them saying I misspelled my first name can you please fix.
Our names are super close Marcea vs Marcus (so two letters difference, hence why I did not spot it)
I am hoping they can fix my mistake.
same thing happened to me! autofilled address and it replaced my husbands name with mine. so now I have two registrations in my name. eek. I had the kids in the car waiting to go to school.. I was willing to risk a tardy to get registered!

For everyone looking for charity bibs, I found this on a charity website "At the moment, Disney is not planning on having a a charity program for the race" http://give.atcp.org/site/TR/Races/General?pg=entry&fr_id=1390

That being said, I cannot imagine Disney not having a charity program for any in-person half-marathon weekends, so I guess it's a wait-and-see.

I can't get over how glitchy that was, I thought I was losing my mind having to go back and re-check what shirt I wanted and how many races I've done and etc etc etc. Add the late start and people being able to immediately register while others were still in the queue... woof. Hopefully this is the last high demand event for awhile and things settle down on their end.

For everyone looking for charity bibs, I found this on a charity website "At the moment, Disney is not planning on having a a charity program for the race" http://give.atcp.org/site/TR/Races/General?pg=entry&fr_id=1390

That being said, I cannot imagine Disney not having a charity program for any in-person half-marathon weekends, so I guess it's a wait-and-see.
I know people who have already gotten bibs through charities for this race weekend. They are all out, though. :-/

everything still says opening soon.

having flashbacks to MW registration now.....
I'm honestly surprised that this was less insane than MW registration.
I'm starting to think about doing a coast to coast Dopey.

Marathon at WDW
5k, 10k and Half at Disneyland.

Come on 5k, sell out....
Me too, although I might go Goofy or even Dopey. I like shorter distances as warmups to get all my negative thoughts about running out of my head before the longest race.
Oh well. saved $400. Bummer because now my daughter is out... but she gets a trip to DL anyway I guess!
I know it's not the same, but you could try registering her for the virtual races and then just walk 3.1 miles in the parks on that day. She would not have the shirt and medal that day though.
Missed out on dumbo and 10k for the kids 😭 I did at least get the half for myself but super bummed. My screen got stuck and wouldn’t let me select gender for the dang shirt and then I had to back out and start all over again.
I had that same problem on the 5K. I wish they would let you pay for the race first and then add all the details afterwards.
I was willing to risk a tardy to get registered!
Priorities in the right place!

Registered for all 3, plus kids races!! It glitched on me and I had to re-enter all my info, but luckily was still able to get in. Went back for round 2 to register the kids. Also probably pre-ordered too much merch but I got caught up in the moment. A friend was trying to get the 5K and challenge and ended up just getting the half, since everything else sold out while she was having issues with the site glitching.

The last DL race I did was Avengers back in 2014, before having kids. So looking forward to this!

same thing happened to me! autofilled address and it replaced my husbands name with mine. so now I have two registrations in my name. eek. I had the kids in the car waiting to go to school.. I was willing to risk a tardy to get registered!
At least I am not the only one... bah now the long wait to hear from rundisney.

I know it's not the same, but you could try registering her for the virtual races and then just walk 3.1 miles in the parks on that day. She would not have the shirt and medal that day though.
Good idea! I will ask her. She wasn't super plussed about the idea anyway, so I think she will be okay- but maybe some FOMO. I may keep an eye on charity 10K bibs to get her one- but I think she'd rather not, lol!

It wasn't sold out when my husband got to pay page and then errored out twice This was like 20 minutes ago and then I went all the way through on the computer with 4 people, got the error and now it is sold out. My timing might have been with the sell out- but he was way before. Can you Register 4 people? Ugh! Not sure what happened... but no 5K for us. Oh well. saved $400. Bummer because now my daughter is out... but she gets a trip to DL anyway I guess!

But I got Dumbo and DH and DS got 10K.

I was able to get to the screen to register for the Double Dare and when I went to pay, the website kept glitching making me log in over and over again. Never could get it to work.

Tried to sign up for just the half on another browser. Also getting errors.

So frustrated.

That was such a glitchy mess. After entering information like 10 times on two different computers, I was finally able to get the half for both me and my friend. Not what either one of us wanted, but at least we got something. I'm still going to be on the lookout to upgrade mine (and maybe my friend's) to Dumbo.

I'm frustrated because I had a gift card that I wanted to use. Even through the registration didn't go through it took the money so I had to use another card for my friend's registration. It's not like I won't eventually spend the money, but I hate having it tied up.

FYI Disney IT is TERRIBLE!!!!

Well that sucked. i had all my info in and was hitting pay but then it would loop me back to logging into my disney account and then back to the payment part... constant loop for several minutes. Boooooo

Disney IT really sucks. I had the looping problem, too, but fortunately, we had other browsers up that were ready to go. I'm curious if you guys were on computers/laptops or phones? Our phones seemed to work best today.

We started out with 8 or 9 devices. All of them had over an hour to begin except my husband's iPhone, which had 18 minutes. It was actually less than that when it came up--maybe 8 minutes? I *hate* typing in stuff on a phone, but we couldn't figure out how to get the queue ID on a computer quickly enough so we just did my dumbo registration on his phone (confirm email by 7:32). It was probably a good thing as the next device that was ready was my iMac. I tried to register three of us for the 5k but it kept looping between the pay screen and sign in. I must have done it 5 or 6 times, but then my iPhone was the next device ready. Since I'd already gotten the DDD for myself, I just tried to be as quick as possible and only registered my son and husband for the 5k on my phone. It worked! I finished and tried to register myself on another device maybe a minute later and the 5k was sold out. So for us today, the iPhones were the clear winners.

Another annoyance was how when there is an error or something you forgot to fill out, it drops you back at random places on the page--also does this with adding another registration, so it was hard to figure out where I was or what the problem was. I really wish I know who was running things in the Disney IT department and why they can't figure it out!

Good idea! I will ask her. She wasn't super plussed about the idea anyway, so I think she will be okay- but maybe some FOMO. I may keep an eye on charity 10K bibs to get her one- but I think she'd rather not, lol!

If she wasn't too into the idea of the 5k anyway, maybe let her pick out some other event/activity to put the money towards? Bibbidi bobbidi boutique/Light saber building/Really Nice Meal/Dessert Party/Disney Gift Card she can spend on anything ect. I know that would've excited me more when I was little than the idea of waking up at 5am to run around the parks.

Disney IT really sucks. I had the looping problem, too, but fortunately, we had other browsers up that were ready to go. I'm curious if you guys were on computers/laptops or phones? Our phones seemed to work best today.

We started out with 8 or 9 devices. All of them had over an hour to begin except my husband's iPhone, which had 18 minutes. It was actually less than that when it came up--maybe 8 minutes? I *hate* typing in stuff on a phone, but we couldn't figure out how to get the queue ID on a computer quickly enough so we just did my dumbo registration on his phone (confirm email by 7:32). It was probably a good thing as the next device that was ready was my iMac. I tried to register three of us for the 5k but it kept looping between the pay screen and sign in. I must have done it 5 or 6 times, but then my iPhone was the next device ready. Since I'd already gotten the DDD for myself, I just tried to be as quick as possible and only registered my son and husband for the 5k on my phone. It worked! I finished and tried to register myself on another device maybe a minute later and the 5k was sold out. So for us today, the iPhones were the clear winners.

Another annoyance was how when there is an error or something you forgot to fill out, it drops you back at random places on the page--also does this with adding another registration, so it was hard to figure out where I was or what the problem was. I really wish I know who was running things in the Disney IT department and why they can't figure it out!
My phone had the lowest wait time but it’s the device that wouldn’t let me select gender to continue. Had no issues on the laptop which came up next, but DDD sold out while I was checking out. Managed to add just the half on the laptop too. I’ve never had that issue with my phone before though.

I think I got everyone who registered on the first post. What a morning!

I couldn't figure out how to do multiple registrations, so I was doing each registration one by one. Dumbo, 5k, 5k, 5k, yoga, yoga...

It was a button at the bottom of the page that said something like "add another registration" or something like that. That's how I got myself registered for DDD, 5k, and yoga in one go.

I usually copy and paste into Google Keep to transfer my queues to a computer if they're on my phone. I've also emailed them to myself before if Keep isn't refreshing fast enough on my computer.

Out of curiosity...What times did all the races end up selling out?

Start (link)
Queue Delayed until 10:15am ET (link)
Wait times posted at 10:21am ET *Marking this as official "start" time (link)
Challenge sold out in 27 min (link)
Yoga sold out in 34 min (link)
5k sold out in 42 min (link)
10k sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 54 min (link)
Kids Race sold out in 57 min (link)

I was on a phone. I didn't have another option.

So for registering today, I had one tab open on my work laptop, one on my personal cell and one on my work cell.

Everything started out as over an hour wait, but the work laptop ended up dropping to 14 minutes about 10 minutes after opening. The other 2 never dropped below an hour.

After the initial registration for the dumbo dare, after reflecting for a bit, I clicked on registration on my work laptop again and went straight through to the registration page for the 5k, despite the two phones still being in queue. (Exact same thing happened to me for registration for Marathon Weekend last year.) The first time I tried to submit registration for the 5k, it glitched and I reloaded the page. The second time it told me it was sold out.

Overall, not too disappointed I didn't get the 5k. I'm thinking of either doing Goofy or Marathon for MW, hanging out in Florida for a bit afterwards, then flying to California on Thursday for the 10k/half.

Disneyland is a significantly more expensive trip for me coming from the East Coast (I'm DVC/AP at WDW which keeps those costs down, vs needing to buy a park ticket and book a hotel for Disneyland), plus the cost of tickets from EWR/LAX to NJ are INSANE right now. (over 1400 round trip!) Hoping those come down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter