Disney World Social Clubs?

adamellis

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,
I've seen articles on the "gangs" or social clubs that exist at Disneyland (The Main Street Elites, the Hitchhikers, etc). Does anyone know if anything like this exists at Disney World? I've never seen anyone wearing a club vest at any of the parks, so I'm guessing no.

I'd like to get something like that started here if it doesn't exist. Anyone interested?

Adam

Well, there's these guys:

Dapper%20Dans%20MICHAEL%20%20%20SMART.jpg

Total bad boys.

They're really just a group of fans that enjoy hanging out at the parks together. They're not affiliated with Disney. They usually have matching vests with their favorite character and the club name. Google Main Street Elite, Neverlanders, or The Hitchhikers and you should be able to find some articles.

If anyone is interested in starting something like this at Disney World, PM me. I think it would be cool to meet some like-minded Disney fans to hang at the parks with.

How about "The Orange Birds" for a name? :confused3

OK, it is a little silly sounding. It's ok not to like it, I'm just throwing stuff out there to get the ball rollin'. But that's one thing we got that they don't! :rotfl:

Fellow DIS-ers often wear a lime green mickey head emblem somewhere on themselves to distinguish themselves. I have been recognized by fellow DIS-boarders that way.

I want to start a WDW gang, I would call it the Stitch's Great Escape Appreciation Society. Anyone else who likes that attraction is welcome to join! I guess now I just need to find some vests

Allears.net does a bunch of meets at the beginning of December. It started back in the 90's with the RADP newsgroup. Other Disney fan websites also have meet up's during the year. So does D23, but it is next to impossible to get in on those events.

Well, there's these guys:

Dapper%20Dans%20MICHAEL%20%20%20SMART.jpg

Total bad boys.
Are those guys doing Cosplay? The costumes are excellent, but they don't look like any of the guys I know from the Dapper Dans. (Plus, I've never seen twelve of the Dans out at the same time . . . . )

My husband has his own. :rotfl2: I think there might be a couple of "members," but he & DS have vests that they put their pins on (see sig pic). They have a large patch on the back of the Incredibles logo and the rocker says "Pincredibles." He's quite proud of it and they get a lot of comments at DL. :goodvibes

I also was recognized by wearing a lime green Mickey head hanging from my camera bag. I laminated it so I can use over and over again! (It says... I DIS, Do You? on it)

Are those guys doing Cosplay? The costumes are excellent, but they don't look like any of the guys I know from the Dapper Dans. (Plus, I've never seen twelve of the Dans out at the same time . . . . )

I'm pretty sure the picture was of the Disneyland Dapper Dans.

In the orlando area it's more meet up groups than social clubs, although many of them do act like social clubs (including some with monthly fees that book some pretty amazing things including at disney). Some are great for the solo traveler, the bar crawler, the young adult single meets, the foodie, the geek, etc..

Some of the groups do get some perks. Have you ever seen a 5 person paper fastpass before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter