Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

So what you’re saying is that despite Disney opening up the reservation system to resort guests first it really didn’t mean Disney was valuing hotel guests more. And with the smooth roll out I would argue having resort guests book first was actually devalued going through all of these issues.

Disney remains one of the few companies who can get away with this over and over. I’m always in awe.
The next thing I'd love to know is once reservations open to everyone, do you lose your reservations if you move off site? I'm sure no one wants to be the guinea pig for that though.

After over two hours on hold, got a voice that say "thanks for calling, this is ....." silence and then line goes dead. Guess time to get back in the que again. And have had the chat window waiting since 0846, with update every 2 minutes that someone would get to me with no one getting to me still. If only we had the power to control our own tickets/passes in MDE, would make this so much easier.

Chat was able to book my last 2 park passes! I have no idea how or what they did, but it’s done :) and I only had to wait 3 hours for chat to get to me 🤣

I was on hold for about 3 hours and that last hour or so had no music or anything and finally someone picked up. She couldn't actually help and gave me the IT number but at least someone eventually answered. And she was super nice. I know it's not their fault that things aren't working correctly 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yup I got through not long after my post, and same issue was transferred to IT and I am waiting for the tech to come back on the phone but I have been waiting now for a while so I certainly hope they don’t come back and say they can't help me lol.

ETA: And I was just disconnected:furious:o_O:sad:

Last edited:

Yes, you can only reply once a CM is connected to the chat. I got the same messages too. I waited about an hour before a CM came on to the chat but she was able to fix everything so do not give up. Hang in there! Fingers crossed

Been waiting almost 3 hours for someone to chime in on my chat window

Chat was able to book my last 2 park passes! I have no idea how or what they did, but it’s done :) and I only had to wait 3 hours for chat to get to me 🤣

I was just about to give up....been on since 7:30 my time (10:14 now) so.... you gave me hope to at least wait another 15 mins!

Skye was able to book my last three days! She said she "moved some things around" and was then able to book the final three days. She did not try to tell me that APs could only book 14 days on a rolling basis and noted that she had seen some really strange things with this roll out. I shared the experiences here, i.e., yesterday receiving the notifications that we had reached our park pass limit and today with the inability to choose a park.

As she tried to repair my issue, she also encountered the grayed box phenomenon and indicated that she had been seeing this issue and it was a known issue. At that point she was ready to send a ticket to escalate the problem and that is when she noticed I had a "renewal pass" in my account. This has been there since MDE was launched and no one has been able to remove it. It has absolutely no value--just sits there. While she wasn't able to remove it, it seemed she may have temporarily moved it to allow her to proceed with the remaining days of the reservations.

I haven't made any effort to look at our May dates and as a side note, she tried to tell me that we couldn't make them that far out and I politely said, that yes, we could IF the system would work. She went back to reading notes and said that she did see the dates now and "WOW" that was a pretty aggressive roll out and probably why all the issues.

I was dialing/on hold for 3+ hours but at least it was fruitful. Good luck everyone! I called 407-939-4357.

Just got off the my chat total of 3 hrs and was informed that IT is aware of the grey park boxes and hopefully soon it will be fixed. I am just going to keep getting and see what happens. She did give me IT number and I will call tomorrow. Work is calling me now good luck to all and hopefully we will see each other soon in the parks and we can have one big laugh
Same here. I just got off call after waiting 3 hours on hold and was told the exact same thing and to periodically check and try to make reservations over the next day or so until they fix the issue.

Has anyone had to switch hotels? We are booked at POR. A cm told me I had to switch hotels for my December trip and that is why I still can not book parks. I am so frustrated! This is the 4th cm telling me something different and no resolution. We have POR booked Dec. 4-18 with a 10 day ticket.
I had no trouble booking yesterday for a 7 day ticket with reservations at POFQ from 11/28-12/5.

So from the website, click or hover over "My Disney Experience." From the drop down, choose "My Family and Friends." From that, have at it and delete those freeloaders. Good luck!

Lol... I'll give that a try!

Did anyone get Olaf? It said create your party then went to Olaf saying something went wrong. Send Help!!!!
I have been getting that all day...on all my computers and devices. I had the problem yesterday where I could only book three dates across multiple reservations. Today that seemed to be fixed so I added a couple and then started getting Olaf when trying to create my party. Logged in with my husbands account and it worked fine BUT he's not friends/family with all the people I have on reservations to schedule for. It just seems to be my account and I can't think what else to do...did you ever get it to work? Thanks!

Glad you got your park passes! Hope the rest has worked out for you by now too. Yes, mine said that too at first, but simply switching out of ticket view then back again fixed it. It is a bit alarming to see ‘nontransferable’ right now though!

Worked! Now going to see if I can rid me of my freeloaders with @Okh 's instruction.

Edit: wouldn't work. I was able to verify no tickets also and now I'm probably stuck with them until I can get a phone call through. This is from 2 trips 3 or 4 years ago and would love to travel with them again but it's not likely to be possible.

I've easily deleted extended family members after trips. Don't know why these are glued in there.

Last edited:
I had the "no parks available" error and only being able to book 1 park day. Like others have mentioned, once I reassigned a ticket from someone in our party who had an extra on their account, it all opened up.

Are all parks reservations really sold out or is this a system glitch?
They are not sold out. There are lots of glitches.
- There are a few an AP glitches
- There are issues if you have multiple types or tickets including if you had partial tickets credited to your account
- There can be glitches if you have multiple stays
- The one that got me was if you had a MNSSHP ticket that was cancelled you need to book that day last.

You’ll have to search for more details in this thread. The last 10 pages should contain most of the common ones and lots of phone numbers for support.

Good luck!

Yup I got through not long after my post, and same issue was transferred to IT and I am waiting for the tech to come back on the phone but I have been waiting now for a while so I certainly hope they don’t come back and say they can't help me lol.
Just got off the phone and that is basically what I was told as she could not help and placed an escalation ticket for my grey box issue. She could not spot on her end why the system was doing it in my case. Hopefully you have better luck!!

Has anyone had to switch hotels? We are booked at POR. A cm told me I had to switch hotels for my December trip and that is why I still can not book parks. I am so frustrated! This is the 4th cm telling me something different and no resolution. We have POR booked Dec. 4-18 with a 10 day ticket.
We were able to book parks yesterday before changing resorts. We had parks booked by 8:45 am, and the resort change (POR to CBR) wasn't completed until 11 am.

So, after 2 hours and 55 minutes on hold with IT Online Support (800-848-6413, option 3), I got a very knowledgeable and sympathetic CM (Roscoe). I explained our issue: AP holders with tickets who needed to make reservations for our July stay (I’ll worry about our Sep and December stays later, at this point I’m not sure we’ll be doing those). He created a second profile for each of us, had me do our Park Passes, then he merged our fake profile to our real profile. We got our length of stay reservations (9 days).

I still have to modify the resort reservation to drop the tickets and modify to an open resort since Poly will be closed, but I’ll call at a later date.

@SarahC97, any luck on your end getting Park Reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter