Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

knabebug said:
My Partner Jack & I (Nobbi) will be on the Wonder. It's our 8th DCL cruise, only the second on the Wonder. We love the Cadillac Lounge! The sea days should be wonderful.

Greetings to all!

Welcome Aboard! I remember you from the WBTA!

Janice

I'm not sure what is happening with the Halloween Party...some ideas were thrown out there, but not sure of the outcome. You could ask this on the FB page.....

Janice

Will you be at the meet in the Promenade Lounge at 2 on the 14th? I will have copies there. If you are not sure you can make it then, please pm me with your stateroom number and I will make sure you get a copy.

Janice

Can't sleep. Can't eat. We leave tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all the good info and advice. Have safe travel and we'll see you there!!!pixiedust:

Linda and Mark

Have a wonderful cruise everybody and enjoy it as much as we did in May. I wish you calm seas and wonderful weather!

Just wanted to say I hope you all have a great cruise. If I knew I was going to like the first one so much I would have been back for this one, Bugatti the same time I could not miss my annual trip to food and wine. Have a great cruise, and tell Skipper Dan Alan from LA and Facebook say hi, and Katie from the cruise staff, Greg's friend Alan says hi.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Welcome back Hawaii cruisers! It was such an awesome and magical trip! I didn't want to leave the ship but 14 days was a pretty much perfect length. The crew was amazing. The whole experience was amazing. I would love to do it again.

To those DISers that went on the cruise, welcome back - sorry I missed you, but the schedule me pretty busy.

I have a favor to ask of everyone. If you were at the 8:30 performance of The Golden Mickeys on Wednesday, you may have seen a marriage proposal at the end of the red carpet pre-show. Well, the fella doing the asking was me! :love:

Unfortunately, Disney only broadcasts the video feed to the staterooms and the theatre and doesn't record it, and it turns out that not one of the "paparazzi" in Preludes was a real ship's photographer. (Jimmy and I missed that one little detail when we planned the proposal.) :confused3

If anyone happened to take pictures or video of me proposing, could you please PM me or post a link to the photo on your photo album? My new fiancee and I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

What an amazing time we had on the cruise. Was so happy I got to meet a lot of you. We really had a wonderful time and we were so lucky with the weather.

My theme of the day, and probably week is "Back to Reality". My first real reality check was when I had to pay over $6 but a Fry and Drink at McDonalds at LAX...OUCH

Thank you to everyone for all the FE gifts. Disney thanks you too, because we had to but an extra suitcase so we could use one of our carry ons just for FE Gifts.

For the folks that asked, here is the martini recipe.

Wedding Cake Martini

Vanilla vodka - 1 oz

Bailey's - 3/4 oz

Amaretto - 3/4 oz

Creme de Cacao - 3/4 oz (white or dark)

Gordon's Chocolate liquor - 3/4 oz or Godiva

Vanilla ice cream - 2 oz

aan1701 said:
Just wondering if they had special pins for you?

Would like to try to answer but I'm completely new to pins. I bought my first 4 on this trip. How could I tell if they were new for us? I didn't ask. They all say Limited Edition. They had link and yellow labels on the back.

Ok I just asked someone who knows. The new pin is one that has Mickey and Minnie on it together. The others were LA, Ensenada, Mickey alone, Minnie alone and one for each of the 4 islands with different characters in it. My LA pin has Mickey and Minnie too and is different from the one with Mickey/Minnie/Aloha.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but, yes, there is one new pin.

Thank you so far. I was wondering if you, or anyone could post pics of them. I will then know what was new,

I would love to try this cruise out next year. How do I book it? I live in the Los Angeles area and I tried to go on disneycruise.com but couldn't select the Hawaiian destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter