Disney Wonder - Galveston to San Jaun - January 20, 2017

We still haven't decided what to do in Jamaica. It seems the Dunn'a River is a popular excursion, but with a 1 and 7 y/o, this seems a bit too much. I suppose we could leave our baby on the boat, but is it worth it? Any other recommendations in Jamaica for families?
We booked a private tour through Kenneth Watson to go to the Hilton Rose Hall for a day pass that includes lunch, swimming, beach, etc. Another family from the Facebook group recommended him. I finalized the plans yesterday and he says he still has room if others want to join. We were running into the same problem with not feeling our 3 year old could do Dunn River or other excursions.

I think we decided to meet in the breakfast area around 7 PM, and for those that are able (such as driving in) we have a list of snacks being brought. So far we have chips, salsa, and dip, veggies, and a dessert tray.
Also, for those that are in by 4 to 5, we were going to meet up out on the pier to watch the boat sail out and dolphins (that is as long as there is no fog).

Hi All! Sorry I've not been posting here...I will blame it on the 1 and 3 year old...lol. Looking forward to meeting some of you if possible and hoping we do not have that nasty intense fog that plagued the port today.

Tink, we would love to do the meet and greet with everyone but we couldn't get into the harbor house and we are at the holiday inn by the ocean.

Have a great night and we only have 7 sleeps left!

Melissa

So if anyone saw my question about getting main dining, never mind! Just checked and we've been moved from second seating to main dining! Yay! Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Hi All! Sorry I've not been posting here...I will blame it on the 1 and 3 year old...lol. Looking forward to meeting some of you if possible and hoping we do not have that nasty intense fog that plagued the port today.

Tink, we would love to do the meet and greet with everyone but we couldn't get into the harbor house and we are at the holiday inn by the ocean.

Have a great night and we only have 7 sleeps left!

Melissa
Melissa, depending on when you get in, you may be able to meet those of us watching the sail away at 4 to 5 PM. If not, you can look for us at the port. I will be in the Donald cosplay outfit I posted several months back. Plus I will be in my wheelchair, so I should be easy to find. If you miss us before boarding, keep an eye out, we will be all over the boat filming. If all else fails, I will see you at mixology. DH and I will be in matching Disney Freak shirts!
Speaking of the fog. it is almost 9:30, and the boat has not left yet. This is the second week in a row for fog. At least last week they were only 30 minutes late when they left. I wish I had encouraging words, but we have been reduced to checking the weather channel app several times a day. My fingers are crossed, and I am praying for better weather next Friday.

Have a great night everyone,

~Tink~

We're still waiting on the same...
If you do not get the dining resolved before Friday, the Maitre d's will have an area set up where you can go and get seating assignments changed. They can change dining times, and your starting restaurant location. You can also make or change Palo reservations if you have not been able to do so.
Check your Navigator while waiting to board for the time and location to make dining changes. If you can not find the information, there are cast members on hand as soon as you board the ship that can point you in the right direction.

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I may need a wheelchair in San Juan (mostly for the forts and old San Juan). Anyone know if I can rent one there???

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I may need a wheelchair in San Juan (mostly for the forts and old San Juan). Anyone know if I can rent one there???
Here are a few of the sites I was looking into before we were able to buy my travel wheelchair:
https://www.scootaround.com/cruise-rentals/cruise-ports (shows San Juan as a port they service)
http://www.specialneedsatsea.com/reserve-equipment/
When I was looking, I was thinking about getting one delivered to our hotel in Galveston (they also deliver to the boat, and it would be sent to your cabin) and then picked up from our hotel in San Juan. Just a thought.

Let me know if you need any other information about getting around (taxi's, transfers, handicap accessibility, etc) with the wheelchair.

~Tink~

Here are a few of the sites I was looking into before we were able to buy my travel wheelchair:
https://www.scootaround.com/cruise-rentals/cruise-ports (shows San Juan as a port they service)
When I was looking, I was thinking about getting one delivered to our hotel in Galveston (they also deliver to the boat, and it would be sent to your cabin) and then picked up from our hotel in San Juan. Just a thought.

Let me know if you need any other information about getting around (taxi's, transfers, handicap accessibility, etc) with the wheelchair.

~Tink~

Thanks Tink! I should be okay up until San Juan. I just can't walk long distances, but I'd love to tour the forts with my family. I'll look into those links :)

It's possible to know your dining preference already?
Also what times are dining?
Yes, you can call DCL and find out what rotation you are on. As for which seating time you are assigned to, that should be on your reservation. If you can't find it, you can check with your travel agent.
Dining times are: 5:45 PM & 8:15 PM.

It's possible to know your dining preference already?
Also what times are dining?
You should have set your preference when you booked, you may not have had a choice if you booked late.

To see your current setting, log onto your disneycruise.disney.go.com account (where you checked in already). Go to the 'My Reservations' page, you should see and entry for our cruise "January 20, 2017 — 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston to San Juan" under that heading, you will see an entry for "Dining Preference", either Main or Second seating.

For most cruises, Main Seating is at 5:45 and Second Seating is 8:15. Those who eat at Main Seating go to the late show at 8:30 and those who eat at Second Seating see the same show at 6:15.

Quick question for those with 3-5 year old girls in our group....are you planning on going to the open house or using the oceaneers club? Our three year old daughter lily may be apprehensive about going to the club for a few hours while we go to the mixology class, and we have dinner the night of the Cozumel port. She tends to be shy and with such a wide range of kids ages I'm afraid she may not want to go. Our son will be in Flounders Reef so he won't be there for comfort. She warms up pretty quickly with kids her age, and attends a preschool prep program full time everyday. I'm not worried about the program as much as I'm worried about her being clingy if she's all by herself without a friendly face. Thanks so much!

I guess I owe you a coke!
Quick question for those with 3-5 year old girls in our group....are you planning on going to the open house or using the oceaneers club? Our three year old daughter lily may be apprehensive about going to the club for a few hours while we go to the mixology class, and we have dinner the night of the Cozumel port. She tends to be shy and with such a wide range of kids ages I'm afraid she may not want to go. Our son will be in Flounders Reef so he won't be there for comfort. She warms up pretty quickly with kids her age, and attends a preschool prep program full time everyday. I'm not worried about the program as much as I'm worried about her being clingy if she's all by herself without a friendly face. Thanks so much!
Just a suggestion, why not plan a time may be before the muster drill or just after sail away to meet up.
I am not sure how much time we will be spending in the cruise terminal after checking in, but that would be a good time as well since you won't be rushing here and there like you mostly likely will be once on board.

We have a 3.5yo little girl as well. Same concerns but I hope she'll be fine. Also have a 2yo who's probably going to want to be with her (unfortunately for him).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter