• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

Alrighty we left off at MNSSHP having been "trapped" in Fronteirland because of the parade. While trick or treating we snapped this picture in Adventureland.
image328.jpg

Finally we made our way across into Fantasyland and realized there were more people in the park then we thought. Still WAY less than during the day. At this point we still felt like we had plenty of time, the girls wanted to ride Small World one more time so I said "Why not". In retrospect I wish we had instead gone either to the Alice in Wonderland candy trail or to a dance party because we ended up having to rush through each of those.
DisneyWorld2008141.jpg

We then made our way to Toontown and snapped this picture of the 7 dwarfs. That's another thing I wish we'd taken the time to do. What a great photo op.
DisneyWorld2008143.jpg

The girls had never ridden Goofy's Barnstormer so they hoped on this kid's roller coaster. I was still feeling a little nauseous so I stayed to the side and took pictures. DH said that ride is pretty jerky so I'm glad I stayed clear.
DisneyWorld2008144.jpg

DisneyWorld2008145.jpg

It was getting close to firework time so we hurried through the Alice in Wonderland candy trail. We did not wait to great any characters. There really is just not enough time to do it all.
DisneyWorld2008146.jpg

Literally a couple minutes before the fireworks started we found a great view from the Tomorrowland side. The girls sat in the stroller and enjoyed candy while watching the fireworks.
DisneyWorld2008152.jpg

Okay, if you've read the whole TR you know the feeding of animals annoys me. A grown man stood to my right and began throwing litterally huge handfuls of popcorn to the ducks that were infront of me. (Right over my head). He continued to throw the popcorn in front of me, to the now loud quacking ducks through the first half of the show.
DisneyWorld2008148.jpg

While annoyed, I didn't let it get to me enough to not enjoy the show. WOW. I had seen others describe the MNSSHP fire display as amazing but truely no words (or pictures) can adequately describe how AMAZING it really is.
DisneyWorld2008153.jpg

DisneyWorld2008156.jpg

We then had a little time before the parade so we made our way to Tomorrowland. DH and DD7 wanted to ride Space Mountain one more time.
DisneyWorld2008157.jpg

Next we headed over to Stitch's dance party. DD7 really liked this. DD4 wasn't so sure about it. We stayed for two songs before leaving to find a place for the parade.
DisneyWorld2008158.jpg

DisneyWorld2008160.jpg

DisneyWorld2008159.jpg

I was amazed at how great a spot we got just about 10 minutes before parade time. We were right in front of the castle. This spot came with another unexpected bonus. The previous villan show had just gotten over and those villans without a line came over to see us. This guy touched DH on the shoulder and startled him. I am told by Tammy (OneTreeHill) that it is Frollo from Hunchback of Notredame. We haven't seen that movie in a while.
DisneyWorld2008161.jpg

I didn't realize DD was making this expression until later.:lmao:
DisneyWorld2008162.jpg

As I'd heard the headless horseman came by very fast. I tried to take a picture (which didn't turn out) and realized I really didn't get to see him. The people next to us felt the same way. So unless you are an avid photographer I would say to just watch it and not worry about a picture. While waiting DD7 spilled an entire cup of water all over DD4. Poor DD4 was soak and wet for the rest of the evening. She was more tolerable of it than I would have been.

This was a very neat parade with just a different atmosphere to it. Even DH who is not really a parade fan enjoyed this parade. Here is Snow White reacting to our Incredible costumes. She said something like, "Oh, it's the Incredibles."
DisneyWorld2008166.jpg

DisneyWorld2008167.jpg

DisneyWorld2008168.jpg

DisneyWorld2008170.jpg

It was now after 11 p.m. and we stayed at the castle to watch the last Villan Show. While entertaining I think we all would have had more fun at a dance party.
DisneyWorld2008171.jpg

I was taking a picture of DH and DD and a nice lady offered to take our family. This would be our last family picture in front of the castle.
DisneyWorld2008172.jpg

DisneyWorld2008173-1.jpg

We decided to do one last ride before leaving MK for this year. We of course chose Dumbo. As we made our way to Dumbo, Pluto skipped by and patted DD4 on the head. She still brings that moment up all the time. It's so cute the little moments that your little ones treasure the most. The park was very, very empty now and there were actually some empty Dumbos on our ride. I didn't realize until looking through our pictures that we started our first day at MK on the dumbo ride so it was very fitting to ride Dumbo as our last ride in MK.
DisneyWorld2008174.jpg

MNSSHP was truly a magical way to end our vacation. It was very expensive and I'm not sure if we'll ever do it again but we are glad we did it this time and we were glad we saved it for the night before we left.

DH spent a couple months putting our trip to music and video. He did a great job. I will have him upload it onto youtube (definitely too long for photobucket) and will post the link for those interested in viewing.

Up Next: Magic Express and luggage disaster (Official End)

Awesome update! The MNSSHP looks like a great time. Your photos of the fireworks are great! Love the story about Goofy patting DD4 on the head....you are right, those are the little things that make it special.

We'll be sorry to see your report end, but I would like to see the YouTube video.

Alan

What a great way to end the trip. The partys are always great. I'm really sad this is going to come to an end:sad1: . Can't wait to hear about the offical end.popcorn::

I think it's impossible to do all the party stuff in one day! And I agree, they're just a little too pricey these days. I loved the MNSSHP but I won't do it again. Not anytime soon anyway. We got most of the stuff done but not all. The parade was really nice and I agree...if you blink you miss the HH! A CM was there with us and let us know when he was coming around the corner. Had she not been there I doubt I would have gotten a picture. We decided against the Christmas party this time. From what I've been told all that party stuff will happen in the Kigdom starting on the 20th so I'll just see it then (with no extra $ spent) I can do w/o free hot cocoa and cookies. ;)

I love the picture of the girls on the Goofy's coaster! So cute! And the one of all of you by the POTC....GREAT pic! Wow. People are crazy are they not? It's one thing to feed the birds or whatever but to throw it OVER YOUR HEAD???? :confused3 Are they insane?

Great update! I still can't believe how awesome you all look in your costumes! Looks like the party was a blast, that'll definitely be on my list of times of the year to go to Disney! :thumbsup2

GReat update! That is so cute your DD4 remembers Pluto patting her head. Those are the moments and the memories that make Disney the magical place that it is!

Suz

The picture of you guys by Adventureland is GREAT!! I'm glad DD7 had a good time at the dance party. DH and I really enjoyed MNSSHP when we went and wished we had seen the 7 dwarfs. We looked for them, but didn't ever see them.
That guy would've scared me too!! Creeper

Hi,
Just read your report tonight and it looks like you had a magical trip (except for the poisoning from the Mexican food).

thanks for sharing it with us

the pics were great.

Oh Darn!! Your trippie is nearly over. It has been a blast to read...your situation with the broken arms was very unique and you have such a fun family. I hope you update at the end how you're doing:goodvibes

Wow- I have been busy and just caught up by reading the last couple updates. What a fantastic time at the MNSSHP! While expensive, from my perspective reading your TR it appears that this was one of the most special, and unique experiences on your trip. Therefore, in my mind, completely worth it! (Then again, I am someone who wld pay to attend twice in one trip to ensure I was able to cover everything - LOL!)

Sorry to see your trip coming to and end, but can't wait to hear your final thoughts. And I certainly hope your luggage disaster works out ok in the end!

Finally, I can't wait to see what your DH cooked up on youtube! :)

Oh nooo, your report is going to end soon!!! :guilty:

Looks like a fun night you all had! I'm really craving some popcorn now. popcorn::

I'd love to see your YouTube clip! :thumbsup2

Thanks for another fun chapter!

it is a really awesome trip...i just read last few updates and i enjoyed reading......
your girls are really cute..i wish them all the best....
:yay: :woohoo:

Awesome update! The MNSSHP looks like a great time. Your photos of the fireworks are great! Love the story about Goofy patting DD4 on the head....you are right, those are the little things that make it special.

We'll be sorry to see your report end, but I would like to see the YouTube video.

Alan

Thanks Alan. The fireworks were amazing which made even our not so good photography look great.:thumbsup2

What a great way to end the trip. The partys are always great. I'm really sad this is going to come to an end:sad1: . Can't wait to hear about the offical end.popcorn::

Thanks, you're so sweet. Boy it took a lot longer to get to the end than I originally thought.

I think it's impossible to do all the party stuff in one day! And I agree, they're just a little too pricey these days. I loved the MNSSHP but I won't do it again. Not anytime soon anyway. We got most of the stuff done but not all. The parade was really nice and I agree...if you blink you miss the HH! A CM was there with us and let us know when he was coming around the corner. Had she not been there I doubt I would have gotten a picture. We decided against the Christmas party this time. From what I've been told all that party stuff will happen in the Kigdom starting on the 20th so I'll just see it then (with no extra $ spent) I can do w/o free hot cocoa and cookies. ;)

I love the picture of the girls on the Goofy's coaster! So cute! And the one of all of you by the POTC....GREAT pic! Wow. People are crazy are they not? It's one thing to feed the birds or whatever but to throw it OVER YOUR HEAD???? :confused3 Are they insane?

I did see your picture of the HH. It was good. Impressive.:cool2: I think you made the right decision with the Christmas party. Well said.

Great update! I still can't believe how awesome you all look in your costumes! Looks like the party was a blast, that'll definitely be on my list of times of the year to go to Disney! :thumbsup2

That's one great thing about WDW. Depending on the season there's always something different and new.

Great update. Enjoy reading your reports. Will be sad it is ending soon:sad1:

Oh, you're so sweet.:hug:

Nooooooooooooooooo! It can't be almost over!

Thanks so much it makes me feal great to know that others enjoyed reading it.

GReat update! That is so cute your DD4 remembers Pluto patting her head. Those are the moments and the memories that make Disney the magical place that it is!

Suz

For sure you are right. That is one bonus of writing a TR. I'm sure after a while both she and I would have forgot how special that moment was to her.

The picture of you guys by Adventureland is GREAT!! I'm glad DD7 had a good time at the dance party. DH and I really enjoyed MNSSHP when we went and wished we had seen the 7 dwarfs. We looked for them, but didn't ever see them.
That guy would've scared me too!! Creeper

I've wondered. Is your picture w/ username from MNSSHP?

Hi,
Just read your report tonight and it looks like you had a magical trip (except for the poisoning from the Mexican food).

thanks for sharing it with us

the pics were great.
:welcome: Thanks for popping in to read my nearly complete TR

Oh Darn!! Your trippie is nearly over. It has been a blast to read...your situation with the broken arms was very unique and you have such a fun family. I hope you update at the end how you're doing:goodvibes

Thanks a bunch. I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading. It definitely was a unique situation that's for sure.

Wow- I have been busy and just caught up by reading the last couple updates. What a fantastic time at the MNSSHP! While expensive, from my perspective reading your TR it appears that this was one of the most special, and unique experiences on your trip. Therefore, in my mind, completely worth it! (Then again, I am someone who wld pay to attend twice in one trip to ensure I was able to cover everything - LOL!)

Sorry to see your trip coming to and end, but can't wait to hear your final thoughts. And I certainly hope your luggage disaster works out ok in the end!

Finally, I can't wait to see what your DH cooked up on youtube! :)

Thanks a bunch, hopefully I'll have the video on youtube by tomorrow.

Oh nooo, your report is going to end soon!!! :guilty:

Looks like a fun night you all had! I'm really craving some popcorn now. popcorn::

I'd love to see your YouTube clip! :thumbsup2

Thanks for another fun chapter!

You're funny. I love popcorn too! popcorn:: popcorn::

it is a really awesome trip...i just read last few updates and i enjoyed reading......
your girls are really cute..i wish them all the best....
:yay: :woohoo:

Thanks so much for reading and posting. Glad you could stop by.

Wow...I don't want to this to end! :sad1:

Your so kind. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading.:hug:

Sounds like such a great trip.... now what do i have to read???

:lmao: Well, luckily for you there is no shortage of reading material here on the DIS.

Great Trip Report....I am sucked in and it is only your epcot day!

Great pictures and great report as usual! Looks like you guys had a blast!!! MNSSHP is my all time favorite! I wished we could have gone one more time the last time me and my sister went.

P.S. Feeding the ducks is a HUGE pet peeve of mine! I've also seen kids feed them then try to catch or kick them once they come by. Do these people have no manners or common sense? Can't they read signs???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter