Disney Store - International Credit Card Issues - Unboxing D23 Gift

lffam

Disney/Marvel Nutty Dad
Just wanted to let you all know that I have had some issues (and know others have also) with trying to purchase from disneystore.com recently. I was trying to purchase a D23 Gold membership. When I got to the submit order part, I got an error saying that the billing credit card address does not match the address the credit card provider has on record. Then the error says to correct and try again or contact guest services. No order number, confirmation, email was received. I tried a few times, same error. Tried with a different card same thing.

I couldn't call Guest Services due to the time difference. On the advice of another Disboard member I checked my online banking and I noticed that each of those transactions had been transacted of sorts on my account. They appeared as authorisations.

I called up Guest Services today. First call wasn't very helpful. Did the old, hung up and called again and this time got a really helpful. She advised they currently had a known issue with accepting international credit cards and their IT team were working on it and hoped it would be fixed in the next roll-out in the next week or so. She was able to confirm that the charges on my card were just authorisations and with no actual orders they would drop off. She also took my details and I am meant to be emailed once the fix is in place so I can place my order as I couldn't purchase it from her.

So just be aware if you are looking to buy anything from the site at the moment.

Thanks for that. When I did an order in 2013, I got an email saying that my billing address was not correct and my order would not be processed. I called them and discussed it, and they worked it out. It may also have had something to do with my billing address not matching my delivery address (I was having it delivered to my Anaheim hotel)

OMG I tried to order something from the Disney store online for the first time in years over the weekend and got this error! I gave up in the end. Might try again in a couple of weeks though (assuming what I want is still available!).

OMG I tried to order something from the Disney store online for the first time in years over the weekend and got this error! I gave up in the end. Might try again in a couple of weeks though (assuming what I want is still available!).

If you haven't already, check your credit card online to see if the authorisations were made on it.

I tried 4 times to purchase it which was circa $250 per transaction so $1000 got authorised. I heard from another member who had the same thing happen, the authorisations dropped off about a week later.

Thanks for that. When I did an order in 2013, I got an email saying that my billing address was not correct and my order would not be processed. I called them and discussed it, and they worked it out. It may also have had something to do with my billing address not matching my delivery address (I was having it delivered to my Anaheim hotel)

Oh my, hope they are still not trying to fix it from then!! LOL

Just to let people know, the authorisations did drop off my cards in a week or so. I haven't heard from disneystore to see if the problem has been fixed yet on their site. Might give it another week and try again and see what happens.

I so know about this problem.
I rang Disney 4 times with this problem they had to take my order over the phone.
about 2 weeks ago. I rang a week ago today and got my order on Friday last week.
As I emailed Disney Store and told them off with the drama of ordering from there site.
I hope I don't go thru that again with them.

I so know about this problem.
I rang Disney 4 times with this problem they had to take my order over the phone.
about 2 weeks ago. I rang a week ago today and got my order on Friday last week.
As I emailed Disney Store and told them off with the drama of ordering from there site.
I hope I don't go thru that again with them.

Seems really poor site/payment management on Disney's behalf. I haven't tried my purchase again yet, might wait for the weekend and see how it goes

I did an online order about 2 weeks ago with no problem, I was using a US postage address (having it posted to a UPS post office box) and it wouldn't let me have a different billing address so I used the UPS address as my credit card billing address too and the order went through.

A friend of mine works for Qantas and has a post office box in LA so she offered to let me use it for online orders. I'm so thankful because I ordered $100USD worth of merchandise and when I checked the postage cost to Australia they would have charged me $66USD!

Hope you can find a solution soon Iffam:goodvibes

I did an online order about 2 weeks ago with no problem, I was using a US postage address (having it posted to a UPS post office box) and it wouldn't let me have a different billing address so I used the UPS address as my credit card billing address too and the order went through.

A friend of mine works for Qantas and has a post office box in LA so she offered to let me use it for online orders. I'm so thankful because I ordered $100USD worth of merchandise and when I checked the postage cost to Australia they would have charged me $66USD!

Hope you can find a solution soon Iffam:goodvibes

So you used a US billing and shipping address and your AUS credit card? glad it has worked for you. I'm still in process of getting a solution!

I have had this issue since early this year when renewing my D23 membership and twice since with orders made to ship to my resorts. I tried paying with a Visa debit first of all to no avail, my travel card which was a new card to be added didn't work either. However, my Amex that was already saved worked fine. Not sure if it's a credit card/debit card issue or it's because that card was already saved. In saying that, the debit card was already saved too. They've known about it for ages and haven't fixed it yet, so I'm not confident they're trying hard. I don't think the international business is worth too much to them.

I have had this issue since early this year when renewing my D23 membership and twice since with orders made to ship to my resorts. I tried paying with a Visa debit first of all to no avail, my travel card which was a new card to be added didn't work either. However, my Amex that was already saved worked fine. Not sure if it's a credit card/debit card issue or it's because that card was already saved. In saying that, the debit card was already saved too. They've known about it for ages and haven't fixed it yet, so I'm not confident they're trying hard. I don't think the international business is worth too much to them.

thanks for the info, it doesn't sound promising.

I signed up with Australia Post Shop Mate. and placed the order using the US address for both shipping and billing and it worked! now just to wait to receive it.

I had contacted DisneyStore on Facebook, who told me to contact D23 on FB which I did. D23 then emailed me and asked for a number and time the could call me. This was early last week. I gave them this, but didn't hear from them before Thanksgiving holiday, so thought I would try again on the site using the USA address option which as I noted above worked.

D23 just called me now which at least is good they followed through. She advised it is a known problem for them of the last few months and they do hope to get it resolved at some stage., who knows when!

So you used a US billing and shipping address and your AUS credit card? glad it has worked for you. I'm still in process of getting a solution!
Yes, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Glad it sounds like you got it sorted:)

Just wanted to let you all know that I have had some issues (and know others have also) with trying to purchase from disneystore.com recently. I was trying to purchase a D23 Gold membership. When I got to the submit order part, I got an error saying that the billing credit card address does not match the address the credit card provider has on record. Then the error says to correct and try again or contact guest services. No order number, confirmation, email was received. I tried a few times, same error. Tried with a different card same thing.

I couldn't call Guest Services due to the time difference. On the advice of another Disboard member I checked my online banking and I noticed that each of those transactions had been transacted of sorts on my account. They appeared as authorisations.

I called up Guest Services today. First call wasn't very helpful. Did the old, hung up and called again and this time got a really helpful. She advised they currently had a known issue with accepting international credit cards and their IT team were working on it and hoped it would be fixed in the next roll-out in the next week or so. She was able to confirm that the charges on my card were just authorisations and with no actual orders they would drop off. She also took my details and I am meant to be emailed once the fix is in place so I can place my order as I couldn't purchase it from her.

So just be aware if you are looking to buy anything from the site at the moment.
hi, Any updates with ordering from the US disney store, I've been emailing and calling them but they tell me there is no problem which clearly there still is. anyone having an luck with the order actually going through ?

Yes, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Glad it sounds like you got it sorted:)

I hope so! the D23 membership side is updated though interestingly even though I have an order # , email confirmation and can see the order in DisneyStore (none of which happened previously) etc I still haven't been billed for it, yet when i was trying and it was failing it appeared on my online credit card statement immediately.

hi, Any updates with ordering from the US disney store, I've been emailing and calling them but they tell me there is no problem which clearly there still is. anyone having an luck with the order actually going through ?

only way I could get it to work was to use a USA address for shipping and billing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter