Disney Shopping News

Would you be interested in a Shopping News board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1708340691122.png

Absolutely obsessed with these -- do we know what the price point might look like?

Disney Parks - Instagram

Anaheim Ducks Days are BACK for a limited time at Disney California Adventure Park at @disneyland Feb. 22-23!

View attachment 835300View attachment 835301

Disneyland Magic Key
- Instagram

Are you ready for Anaheim Ducks Days? On February 22 and February 23, 2024 we are celebrating the Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club’s 30th anniversary with a 2-day event at Disney California Adventure Park!

To commemorate the celebration, Magic Key holders can pick up this special Anaheim Ducks rally towel, while supplies last.

🗓️February 22 – February 23, 2024
📍Hyperion Theater Entrance
🕙10a-2p, while daily supplies last

Limit one per Magic Key holder, while supplies last. Magic Key holder must present a valid Magic Key pass to participate and must be present at time of redemption. Subject to change or cancellation without notice. Both a park admission and park reservation required for park entry.

1708388670464.png

Disney World’s (Possible) War on Cash Registers

Guests visiting some of the most popular shops around Walt Disney World have started to notice that Disney is removing cash registers in favor of Mobile Checkout through the My Disney Experience app.

The large-scale removals were most noticeable last year with the removal of two cash register stands, or cash wraps, or register islands, from the Island Mercantile shop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Now, it looks like Disney could remove more registers from popular shops such as The Emporium at Magic Kingdom and maybe Mickey’s of Hollywood at Hollywood Studios.

click link for more info...

Reminder:
Disney Lorcana's Into the Inklands will launch on February 23, 2024, at local game stores and Disney Parks, and then on March 8 at mass retailers and on the Disney Store.
1708428961731.png

Special Disney Lorcana Chapter 3 Preview Coming to Disneyland Paris

The Disney Lorcana adventure continues with Chapter 3: LES TERRES D'ENCRES (The Inklands) Preview at Disneyland Paris, set to launch on February 23rd.
Guests will be able to pick up (subject to availability): a starter deck (20€), booster (7€), gift box (30€), play mat (20€) and a « Trésor des Illumineurs » pack (60€).
These items can be found at The Storybook Store on Main Street, U.S.A at Disneyland Paris, where guests will be limited to 10 units per transaction. Subject to availability. No discounts available.

1708427919063.png

shopDisneyUK - Instagram

SAVE THE DATE: 23rd February, 11am-6pm ✨ Exciting news for #DisneyLorcana fans! You’re officially invited to the launch of Disney Lorcana: Into the Inklands at the Disney Store, Oxford Street.⁣

Don't duck out on this quacking good time! Discover unique artwork from Set 3 and immerse yourself in the world of Disney Lorcana once more! PLUS spend £15 on Disney Lorcana on the day and receive a limited-edition Scrooge McDuck promo card*.⁣

Meet card artist @guillylia who’ll be signing her cards between 11:30am - 4pm from Disney Lorcana sets 1, 2 and 3 so be sure to bring your cards with you**!⁣

*subject to availability, while stocks last.⁣
**up to two cards can be signed (personalised, with guest name).⁣

1708428032067.png

Comic Book.com
Disney Lorcana Announces Launch Dates for 2024 Sets, Reveals New Intro Product

Disney Lorcana has revealed the launch dates for the four sets it plans to release this year. Today, Ravensburger revealed the launch dates for all four Disney Lorcana sets planned for release in 2024. While the release date of Into the Inklands was already known, the launch dates for the other three (currently unnamed) sets are brand new. The release dates for Disney Lorcana's new sets are as follows:

Into the Inklands
February 23, 2024, at local game stores, Disney Parks; March 8, 2024, at mass retail and shopDisney.

To Be Announced (May 2024)
May 17, 2024, at local game stores, Disney Parks; May 31, 2024, at mass retail and shopDisney.

To Be Announced (August 2024)
August 9, 2024, at local game stores, Disney Parks; August 23, 2024, at mass retail and shopDisney.

To Be Announced (November 2024)
November 15, 2024, at local game stores, Disney Parks; November 29, 2024, at mass retail and shopDisney.

Of note is that Disney Lorcana plans to continue launching sets at hobby stores two weeks before mass retail release. We'll also note that the August 2024 set conveniently lines up with Gen Con, which takes place August 1st through August 4th, and that the fall set will be released right before the holiday season.

Ravensburger is also launching an new standalone product called Disney Lorcana TCG Gateway, a "progressive learn-to-play experience" designed to teach players how to play the game. The game starts off with two 30-card Disney Lorcana decks and adds more card to each deck to help players learn about various card types and gameplay. By the time players complete the Disney Lorcana TCG Gateway, they'll have two complete standard Disney Lorcana decks that can be used in gameplay. Gateway will be released on August 9, 2024, with a retail price of $24.99.

Beeline Creative - Instagram
The Haunted Mansion x Geeki Tikis coming soon!
Geeki Tikis.com

View attachment 835224

Possible drop date? - Entertainment Earth has an upcoming Geeki Tikis drop on Tuesday, might be The Haunted Mansion Collection
View attachment 835225

Beeline Creative - Instagram
The Haunted Mansion x Geeki Tikis coming soon!
Geeki Tikis.com

edit: update

Beeline Creative, Inc.

Calling all Spirits! Aloha Friends!

Our latest series of Geeki Tikis® focuses on a wide range of classic and beloved characters from the Wonderful World of Disney! This time around, we’re paying our respects to one of Disney Parks’ greatest attractions and its dearly beloved guests! These creative, colorful drinkware products combine some of The Haunted Mansion’s most popular spirits with our signature tiki styling. The Geeki Tikis® from The Haunted Mansion series include our tiki-fied takes on The Hitchhiking Ghosts, Opera Singer Phantom, Madame Leota and Grandfather Clock.

Each Geeki Tikis® mug features beautifully sculpted detailing true to the character it is paying homage to, is crafted from high-quality ceramic, and is sure to make your next spirit frightfully delicious.

PLEASE NOTE: This Pre-Order will not go LIVE until 2/19 at 10AM PST.

1708431297575.png

Last edited:

Guests visiting some of the most popular shops around Walt Disney World have started to notice that Disney is removing cash registers in favor of Mobile Checkout through the My Disney Experience app.

The large-scale removals were most noticeable last year with the removal of two cash register stands, or cash wraps, or register islands, from the Island Mercantile shop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Now, it looks like Disney could remove more registers from popular shops such as The Emporium at Magic Kingdom and maybe Mickey’s of Hollywood at Hollywood Studios.

I don't know, I feel like this is going to make people less likely to want to purchase multiple items from a shop if they're forced to do it through the app. Similar to how the removal of merchandise delivery to the front of the park/hotel rooms makes people not want to buy large items since they'd have to carry them all day.

I don't know, I feel like this is going to make people less likely to want to purchase multiple items from a shop if they're forced to do it through the app. Similar to how the removal of merchandise delivery to the front of the park/hotel rooms makes people not want to buy large items since they'd have to carry them all day.
I think it’s going to lead to people picking out a bunch of stuff, realizing that they have to do mobile checkout, and either dumping it in the already crowded aisles, or stopping in the middle of the aisle to scan it all in.

I think it’s going to lead to people picking out a bunch of stuff, realizing that they have to do mobile checkout, and either dumping it in the already crowded aisles, or stopping in the middle of the aisle to scan it all in.
I've already seen the bolded happen in the shops that allow mobile order so I can imagine that getting worse.

Also, international guests that don't have data plans would have difficulty doing mobile checkout in the shops. I know Disney parks have Wifi but it doesn't work great 100% of the time and these guests tend to bring cash (this is based off of posts I've seen on here and other social media platforms).

This shift is most likely because they want to reduce staffing in these stores but I don't think it's a good change.

Last edited:

I assume they still haven't figured out how to get Mobile Checkout to understand the Disney Visa discount, correct? I still had to go to a physical register to show my card last January/February.

Or, in my experience, picking out multiple items I think I want, adding it to my mobile checkout, seeing the total, and then deciding maybe I don't actually want those items as much as I thought I did and putting them back. I am significantly more likely to just pay a total at a register when that's when I learn how much my total will be than if I am still on the merch floor and can just "remove from cart".

Basically, seeing the total before I am at the register helps me spend less 😜 Not sure that is an outcome Disney necessarily wants, but it helps me save money!

Or, in my experience, picking out multiple items I think I want, adding it to my mobile checkout, seeing the total, and then deciding maybe I don't actually want those items as much as I thought I did and putting them back. I am significantly more likely to just pay a total at a register when that's when I learn how much my total will be than if I am still on the merch floor and can just "remove from cart".

Basically, seeing the total before I am at the register helps me spend less 😜 Not sure that is an outcome Disney necessarily wants, but it helps me save money!
The quality and variety of merch in the parks definitely helps me spend less too. I was at Epcot on sunday and walked out of the park without buying anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter