Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

Well, too bad. The 5% 90-day promotional period is no longer being offered. So the decision to do the $49 upgrade just for an additional 1% of savings is not as black and white. I'd have to spend $4900 on the card at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, and most Disney locations to just break even.

I'll likely pass unless they bring back the 5% promotion.

There are better reward cards out there but I just really like pulling out the Disney card and remembering I have another upcoming cruise.

It's a little mini-vacation-moment every time.

Well, too bad. The 5% 90-day promotional period is no longer being offered. So the decision to do the $49 upgrade just for an additional 1% of savings is not as black and white. I'd have to spend $4900 on the card at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, and most Disney locations to just break even.

I'll likely pass unless they bring back the 5% promotion.

Even with the 5%, that would only make it worth it initially. You'd still need to make up that kind of money every year.

For me, I probably spend $4,900 per year just at Disney.

Last month was the one year anniversary of my Premier Disney Visa and I'm just here to say how happy I've been with this card! I get TONS of compliments on my hot pink Princess card design. And Earlier this week I was also pleasantly surprised when I noticed that I received 2% in rewards on my annual DVC dues payment!! Woot woot! Love it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

New here and only joined so I could say Thank You to this thread :)
I was a little worried yesterday after applying for the Premier card. My husband has had the rewards card for a few years now and the only thing we have put on it was our Disney trips (Not earning points too quickly with that:upsidedow ) Now that I'm getting the Premier card I'm second guessing myself, but after reading this thread I'm starting to see the upside.
I read somewhere online that Walmart and Kmart (may have been target) were seen as grocery stores. If this is true that will help me earn points a lot faster. Can anyone confirm this?

New here and only joined so I could say Thank You to this thread :)
I was a little worried yesterday after applying for the Premier card. My husband has had the rewards card for a few years now and the only thing we have put on it was our Disney trips (Not earning points too quickly with that:upsidedow ) Now that I'm getting the Premier card I'm second guessing myself, but after reading this thread I'm starting to see the upside.
I read somewhere online that Walmart and Kmart (may have been target) were seen as grocery stores. If this is true that will help me earn points a lot faster. Can anyone confirm this?
:welcome:
Walmart and Target are considered groceries, Kmart is not. Don't forget that you can buy gift cards at grocery stores for places that only earn 1%, so if you shop at a place like Kohl's, buy Kohl's gift cards at Kroger to earn 2%. :goodvibes

Walmart and Target are considered groceries, Kmart is not. Don't forget that you can buy gift cards at grocery stores for places that only earn 1%, so if you shop at a place like Kohl's, buy Kohl's gift cards at Kroger to earn 2%. :goodvibes

Is there an easy way to find out what stores are classified as what?

I use my card for everything that accepts credit cards! I'm up to $299 in rewards since January - aiming for a free excursion for 5 on our cruise in October!

Thanks!! That's Awesome :thumbsup2 I never would have thought of that!! I do Gift Cards for Birthdays so this will def help! Little tricks like that are totally make this worth it! I'm using a lot of !!!! Can you tell I'm excited now haha :cheer2:

When you put your Disney vaca on your premier card is it 2% back like buying Disney.com or is it only 1% ??

Last month was the one year anniversary of my Premier Disney Visa and I'm just here to say how happy I've been with this card! I get TONS of compliments on my hot pink Princess card design. And Earlier this week I was also pleasantly surprised when I noticed that I received 2% in rewards on my annual DVC dues payment!! Woot woot! Love it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have that one too!:goodvibes. The color, aside from being pretty, is easy to find in my wallet!

I drug my feet when the offers were out last year and couldn't decide if it would be worth it. Well, I just looked at the numbers and found that yes I should have done this back then. For 2012, I would have had an extra $163 in rewards after backing out the $49 fee. So anyway, has anyone seen any current offers to upgrade? I didn't see anything on Chase's site when I logged in.

Edit: Just saw my signature... that needs some updating!

Absolutely! And if you wait til Kroger is doing a 4X fuel points promotion, you can really get bang for your buck by saving $$$ on gas!

New Disney Visa Premier holder here! When I applied for it, the offer for $100 if you spend $500 was in effect... do they notify you when you're giftcard is on the way or does it just get processed after they see that you've spent the $500? I just want to know how it all works.

tinkerbella16 said:
New Disney Visa Premier holder here! When I applied for it, the offer for $100 if you spend $500 was in effect... do they notify you when you're giftcard is on the way or does it just get processed after they see that you've spent the $500? I just want to know how it all works.

When I did it they applied a $100 credit to my bill. No notice. Logged online and saw it. You might want to read the fine print bc I think you have to spend $500 in the first three months.

Hello!

We are debating upgrading from the regular rewards to the premier rewards, I think we definitely charge enough in gas and grocery alone to make it worth it. We wont earn TONS more, but we will certainly recover the $49 fee and then some. We usually earn about $800-900 in a year on the regular rewards card. We rack up a lot of points in the summer because my husband charges all the golf tournaments he runs, but they wouldn't qualify for the bonus percentage as they are not gas/grocery/restaurant

Can someone please confirm that Target is considered "grocery"? Because I do spend a pretty penny in Target each visit :rolleyes1 If I add THAT to our grocery/gas bill it would totally tip the scales. We don't eat out a whole lot, but probably more than I realize.....does WAWA count as "gas"?

My biggest question is this....if I upgrade, do I still qualify for the current offer of a $200 gift card after spending $500 in 3 months (no sweat!) or am I excluded because I already have the regular rewards card. AND....if I get that $200 gift card, how long is it valid for? I'd like to bank it to save for our next trip, so I am curious about whether or not it comes with a long expiration date.

Anyone know? Thanks in advance! :)

Can't say for sure about the Disney card since I just signed up but I have several other cards that give extra rewards for grocery stores, including a Chase that will give 5% at groceries some quarters, and Target is NOT considered grocery. Neither is Walmart.

Can't say for sure about the Disney card since I just signed up but I have several other cards that give extra rewards for grocery stores, including a Chase that will give 5% at groceries some quarters, and Target is NOT considered grocery. Neither is Walmart.

Target and Walmart are considered "grocery" with the Disney Visa. It wasn't always that way, but when Target started adding their grocery section, it switched. Walmart has been under the grocery category for years. You can call DV and they can tell you if your store is listed in the grocery category. All of the Walmarts and Targets in my area and my hometown (in IN) are considered grocery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter