Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

Not sure why anyone would want to. Any rewards dollars earned as part of the upgrade would be lost. :confused3

you sure about that? I'd think that once you pay the $49 annual fee the "reward" is yours to use as you please.

It's not as if 10 years down the line if you close the card they are going to ask for the reward bonus back.

Has anyone been able to downgrade back to a regular Disney Visa and not pay an annual fee?

In order to downgrade, you must keep the new card for one full year. So you would have to pay the annual fee at some point prior to downgrading. You would not lose any rewards for doing this.

In order to downgrade, you must keep the new card for one full year. So you would have to pay the annual fee at some point prior to downgrading. You would not lose any rewards for doing this.

This is my understanding too. That you must keep the upgraded card for 1 year (or at least pay the annual fee for the year) before you can downgrade. The fee is what kept me from upgrading. The benefits didn't outway the cost (for me).

Hmmmm. I started with the Premier Visa. Will I be allowed to downgrade after a year as well? Or are you only allowed to downgrade if you had the basic first?

What's the difference besides the fee?

ETA: I found the comparison: http://disneyrewards.com/cards-overview-apply?CELL=6RND11

This is my understanding too. That you must keep the upgraded card for 1 year (or at least pay the annual fee for the year) before you can downgrade. The fee is what kept me from upgrading. The benefits didn't outway the cost (for me).

Thanks again. Great response times on this thread!

If they have the 5% for 3 months promo for upgraders, that means it's a 4% increase over the free Disney Visa's reward rate for 3 months. If I charge $1,225 on my Disney Premier Visa in the select categories during those 3 months, I've made back the $49 Annual fee. Since I'm going to the DLR for 6 nights, the tickets alone are almost that much, so it's a no brainer to upgrade for a year if the 5% offer is still available.

Thanks again. Great response times on this thread!

If they have the 5% for 3 months promo for upgraders, that means it's a 4% increase over the free Disney Visa's reward rate for 3 months. If I charge $1,225 on my Disney Premier Visa in the select categories during those 3 months, I've made back the $49 Annual fee. Since I'm going to the DLR for 6 nights, the tickets alone are almost that much, so it's a no brainer to upgrade for a year if the 5% offer is still available.

During that 5x rewards period, I was able to earn over 5 years of fees on top of what my normal rewards would have been had I kept the old card. So far, the premier card has been pretty awesome. I was smart and paid off my October trip several months early to reap the rewards. Plus, I purchased several hundred dollars worth of various gift cards at Kroger just before my 5% period ended. :goodvibes

ETA: Also, for any vendor that would be 1% (like Home Depot), I buy gift cards at Kroger to get the 2%.

you sure about that? I'd think that once you pay the $49 annual fee the "reward" is yours to use as you please.

It's not as if 10 years down the line if you close the card they are going to ask for the reward bonus back.

I took the question to mean if you earned the 5%, then downgraded before the 1st $49 annual fee was charged!! :rotfl2: (I'm still on my first cup of coffee! :rotfl:)

I took the question to mean if you earned the 5%, then downgraded before the 1st $49 annual fee was charged!! :rotfl2: (I'm still on my first cup of coffee! :rotfl:)

You took it correctly. smitch let us know that you cannot downgrade until 12 months after upgrading. However, straight out cancelling after the rewards have been issued and used but before the fee was formally assessed probably activates the $49 charge.

You took it correctly. smitch let us know that you cannot downgrade until 12 months after upgrading. However, straight out cancelling after the rewards have been issued and used but before the fee was formally assessed probably activates the $49 charge.

Thanks for clarifying! :thumbsup2 I thought I knew what you meant, but then I seem to confuse easily these days! :rotfl:

Just an update regarding signing up for the 100 dollars gift card incentive with the current incentive being 200 less than 3 weeks after I was approved for the premier card.....

I contacted Chase and although the rep. I spoke with on the phone said it would be highly unlikely, she put in a request to the marketing department and two days later my account has 200 dollars worth of reward points credited to it!!

Just an update regarding signing up for the 100 dollars gift card incentive with the current incentive being 200 less than 3 weeks after I was approved for the premier card.....

I contacted Chase and although the rep. I spoke with on the phone said it would be highly unlikely, she put in a request to the marketing department and two days later my account has 200 dollars worth of reward points credited to it!!

If the offer was for a giftcard, shouldn't it have been a $200 giftcard sent?

Maybe they stopped shipment on the $100 card and gave you the points instead?:confused3

Maybe they stopped shipment on the $100 card and gave you the points instead?:confused3

Maybe so, however I'm happy with the $200 reward points.....it will sill be an extra $100 for us to spend at Disney in December then it was before!

$200 is $200 - whether it is on a gift card they mail to you or rewards dollars you transfer to your own rewards card.

If I put my Disney balance on the credit card during the 5% months, do I have to pay it off in the 3 month time frame too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter