Disney Premier Visa card- anyone upgrading?

In the past it has been that if it was a SUPER Walmart then it was grocery but regular Walmarts weren't. This could have changed and if it did, it might finally be worth it for me to upgrade to a Premiere.

Target and Walmart are considered "grocery" with the Disney Visa. It wasn't always that way, but when Target started adding their grocery section, it switched. Walmart has been under the grocery category for years. You can call DV and they can tell you if your store is listed in the grocery category. All of the Walmarts and Targets in my area and my hometown (in IN) are considered grocery.

That is good to know . . . when I call to move it from the regular rewards to premier, I will ask about whether or not our Target is considered "grocery". Do they itemize it on the statement too, so you know where your rewards are coming from? I don't think it does on our regular rewards, but everything is 1% so it really doesn't matter.

Anyone know if we would qualify for the $200 gift card by upgrading? That is not a dealbreaker, but I am curious.

Thanks! :)

That is good to know . . . when I call to move it from the regular rewards to premier, I will ask about whether or not our Target is considered "grocery". Do they itemize it on the statement too, so you know where your rewards are coming from? I don't think it does on our regular rewards, but everything is 1% so it really doesn't matter.

Anyone know if we would qualify for the $200 gift card by upgrading? That is not a dealbreaker, but I am curious.

Thanks! :)

Not sure about the offer, but for the summary, the stores are not listed in each of the categories each month, but they are listed in the year end summary. Mine has about 4 times as many Targets as it does Krogers, and I have probably only bought actual grocery items (meaning meats, produce, etc.) at a Target only a handful of times. Lol! Also, another way to get your 2% back is to buy gift cards at the grocery store for places that would otherwise only earn you 1%. For example, if you plan to spend a $100 at Home Depot, buy a HD gift card at Kroger and use the gift card at HD instead of your Visa. :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, smitch, that is GENIUS!! Our grocery store carries just about every gift card you could imagine - perfect!!! Hadn't thought about that but I think it just tipped the scales for me - thanks!!!

Hello,

Does anyone know of a Code that will work or how to Upgrade and get better then the $50 offer being offered right now?

Thank you,

Butch Wheeler

Hello!
My biggest question is this....if I upgrade, do I still qualify for the current offer of a $200 gift card after spending $500 in 3 months (no sweat!) or am I excluded because I already have the regular rewards card.
Anyone know? Thanks in advance! :)

I just tried doing this tonight. I called (888)873-2392 and applied for the premier card with code 6XN019 to get the $200. I called this number first to upgrade (so I didn't have to get another cc) and they said I had to call the # on the back of my current DV, which when I did, they could only offer me $50.

I just tried doing this tonight. I called (888)873-2392 and applied for the premier card with code 6XN019 to get the $200. I called this number first to upgrade (so I didn't have to get another cc) and they said I had to call the # on the back of my current DV, which when I did, they could only offer me $50.

I got this offer in an e-mail last night too, applied on line and was approved. I already have a Disney Visa with rewards points on it. Can you combine the rewards from the old card with the new or do I need to keep them both open? We just got back from WDW and won't be going for another 4 years probably so I want to keep the rewards in my account, not on a rewards card.

I need to charge $500 in the first 3 months. This is the best offer I have seen for the Premiere card, like others offers were $50.

the offer was in an e-mail from Disney Insider

Can't say for sure about the Disney card since I just signed up but I have several other cards that give extra rewards for grocery stores, including a Chase that will give 5% at groceries some quarters, and Target is NOT considered grocery. Neither is Walmart.

Chase Freedom and Discover used to give 5% in some quarters on grocery stores, they did not this year, sure miss those rewards.

It seems they are NOT Rewarding Loyal Card Members with any of the Better offers...

It seems they are NOT Rewarding Loyal Card Members with any of the Better offers...

They don't need to. They already have you. It is new member that they do not already have that they need to attract.

It is the same every where. Give non-members an incentive to join.

Has anyone downgraded from a permier card to a "regular" card? Our passes expire soon and we don't plan to renew or go back to Disney for a couple years. We had been using our Disney Visa to rack up points, but now I think we might switch to a cash-back card or something with rewards we will be more likely to use.

I don't want to pay the annual fee if I don't really have to.

Has anyone downgraded from a permier card to a "regular" card? Our passes expire soon and we don't plan to renew or go back to Disney for a couple years. We had been using our Disney Visa to rack up points, but now I think we might switch to a cash-back card or something with rewards we will be more likely to use. I don't want to pay the annual fee if I don't really have to.

We were able to downgrade DH's card without an issue. They even credited us part of the annual fee.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think I remember reading that if you got a bonus that you had to keep it for the first year and then can downgrade anytime after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter