Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

So, I was curious as to how many on this thread had posted that they were going to R2. This is what I have (as of 4:40 CT on 10/20):

I think that's 76. I figure there's probably another 50-75 lurking on here who either won't post at all (that was me in 2012) or maybe they will after R2 is over. Then there's probably at least another 200 that don't visit the DIS that we'll never know about it. I know Gary had said that there were a lot more in this round this year than previous years, so my numbers may be way off. I just wanted to get an idea of how many people posted on here that they were advancing, because if I hadn't counted, it already seemed like well over 100 to me based upon how many replies I saw.

Thank you for compiling this list!! Good luck to everyone!! Less than 18 hours and it all starts!.......:jumping1:

My goodness, you did have a lot of problems with the application process last month! Sometimes I think that we're just at the mercy of the person who happens to read our application. I picture it where several stacks are passed among several people on the review committee. They have a 'yes', 'no', and 'maybe' pile. Something you say could really strike a chord with one reviewer, yet that same thing doesn't click at all with another reviewer and you're automatically placed in the 'no' pile just because of who happened to be reviewing your particular application. Obviously, I have no clue how it really works, just something I've imagined.

You have the right attitude, though -- i.e., just have fun with it!

I picture the same thing and do think that with different people on the committee (it's impossible for every member to read every single application) it is very possible that you are not what that one specific judge is looking for. I mean, I'm sure that they are all looking for proper spelling, punctuation, nomenclature, and all that, but a story or personal experience that might really hit home with one committee member might not do it for another. So some luck is very likely in it. As such, we have some of it in our control and a lot of it is up to what they are looking for at that specific time. Because of that, no reason to not just sit back and enjoy the process while it lasts.

Hello everyone! I kept the fact that I had applied for the Moms Panel VERY hush-hush among my friends, family and even my online friends... I figured that there was no way that I would progress beyond Round 2 in my first year. Cue my surprise when I went to clean out my gmail spam filter and found an invitation to Round 2 in there!!! I'm at a distinct disadvantage due to my newbie status (and the fact that, I'll be honest, I don't know a ton about the MP or what the next steps entail) but I certainly hope to have fun during the process. Congrats to everyone else who had the guts to submit an application and to those who made it to R2! :)

I haven't told anyone but my daughter. I don't want to get excited then get cut and have to tell them :(. I figure I'll see how it goes and if I go past round 2 I might let the cat out of the bag.

Will they send the link for Round 2 tomorrow? TIA!

I think Gary tweeted the link. MomsPanelSearch.com

It is also mentioned on the DisneyParksMomsPanel.disney.go.com/recruiting

That is if I typed it right.

pixiedust:

Yep! I just checked the above links. They both take you to the same place. Just over 12 hours from now that site should be rocking'!

Good luck all!!

I think Gary tweeted the link. MomsPanelSearch.com

It is also mentioned on the DisneyParksMomsPanel.disney.go.com/recruiting

That is if I typed it right.

pixiedust:

Yep! I just checked the above links. They both take you to the same place. Just over 12 hours from now that site should be rocking'!

Good luck all!!

Thank you!!!

So, I was curious as to how many on this thread had posted that they were going to R2. This is what I have (as of 4:40 CT on 10/20): 2010_Bride AnotherPrincess arbolita arey89 BigTex71 Canadian Disney Mom CantWait461308 Colleen27 CraftyHooper cruisecrasher dawn8179 DeerIsleDisney DisneyDiva84 DisneyJeanie dizkrazkate Dwheels EtaHissHiss fairystepmother HTHgal12 jbucci JennaDeeDooDah jheltz27 Jkpark jstanton8 Jump4Joy8390 junebugs kathyk671 Kayleejade kcpinwdw kellody1113 kimberwv kmb584 lawyergirl LCMeyer LillyBellesMommy LisaCM614 LisaTex lmbraun LooRooMom luvsTink madge MagicalPix MckysMini MDennis28 MeffysMom mjaclyn Mom2PrincessesLinSy momimouse27 Momtomouselover MousekaReady Onnie5000 palmbeachguy palmtreelover PixieJenna rabbruzzetti rissyrynn royal.kate skx1122 Snowwhitebelle Soccer and Swim Mom stitch'sgirl su_A_ve SunshineTK sweetypie747 tburch ticofan TLCdisneyfan tofubeast uccats97 WDWNerd weedles whositsandwhatsits WickeeWickee Winnie23 Winnie1014 wvhokie I think that's 76. I figure there's probably another 50-75 lurking on here who either won't post at all (that was me in 2012) or maybe they will after R2 is over. Then there's probably at least another 200 that don't visit the DIS that we'll never know about it. I know Gary had said that there were a lot more in this round this year than previous years, so my numbers may be way off. I just wanted to get an idea of how many people posted on here that they were advancing, because if I hadn't counted, it already seemed like well over 100 to me based upon how many replies I saw.

Please count me in. I am on to R2 as well:). Pixie-dusted wishes to all!!

There is no way of knowing how our applications are reviewed and we could drive ourselves crazy trying to make sense of it. Or.. We can just trust that they know what they are doing and finally decide to take all of us!! :idea:

While it will be hard not to get caught up in the anxiety hopefully we can all approach this the way we approach all things Disney... With excitement, smiles, passion and fun! And when it gets a little overwhelming, there's a great support group here to turn to.

Best of luck everyone!

Carrie

Please count me in. I am on to R2 as well:). Pixie-dusted wishes to all!!

Me too, please :)

I've been lurking...trying not to get my hopes up too much..lol

For what it's worth...there is a Twitter group for MP R2 people, with 150 or so members.

Good Luck to all R2ers today!....and tomorrow...until you hit submit! :cool1:

I am not here as often since I am twitter addicted, but I am chEARing you all on! We got this!

Anne

Me too, please :)

I've been lurking...trying not to get my hopes up too much..lol

For what it's worth...there is a Twitter group for MP R2 people, with 150 or so members.

I've been added to a couple of R2 groups on Twitter & I've picked up a lot of new follows since Friday. I'm sure they're scratching their head at the randomness of my tweets .... LOL

edited to add: I was added to 3 Twitter groups. All with 100+ members. One has over 300.

No clue how the groups work on Twitter.

I am also in a group on Facebook. So .. here, Twitter & FB. I'm sure there's a ton of overlap in the names.

How many are picked for the panel? Do we know that?

Counting down the minutes.. Nervous and Anxious about the video.. really hoping I am able to show my love and passion for Disney

Good luck everyone

pitino-here-we-go.gif

I think this year is the best by far for the content of questions and video question! Not to mention the word counts, extended video time (71 seconds!!) and 6 days submission allowance! I'm so excited to work on this all week! :thumbsup2

Carrie

I got the email saying I am invited to round 2 and it started today at 12pm eastern. I have been trying to figure out what to do for 30 minutes. I clicked on the link above this post and there's nothing for me to do there. Am I the only one having this problem? I have no idea where to sign in or find the essay questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter