Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Because I seldom post here, I do not have a post count high enough to post the actual link for you. If you go to the Disney website Moms Panel page you can log in there to access the application.

Carrie

Is anyone else actually more nervous after reading the questions? I'm used to seeing several of them in Round 1, which I've never made it out of before. I'm all of a sudden so much less confident!

I've been added to a couple of R2 groups on Twitter & I've picked up a lot of new follows since Friday. I'm sure they're scratching their head at the randomness of my tweets .... LOL

edited to add: I was added to 3 Twitter groups. All with 100+ members. One has over 300.

No clue how the groups work on Twitter.

I am also in a group on Facebook. So .. here, Twitter & FB. I'm sure there's a ton of overlap in the names.

How many are picked for the panel? Do we know that?

17-20 or so, including the sub-specialties.

Just got back from WDW. Suitcases are still sitting in the middle of the room. My plane landed at 11:55 EST. Of course the first thing I did when I got off the plane -- log-in to the the Moms Panel Search Site to check out the questions.

I was worried that I would have to make the video while we were still at WDW. Now I wish we were still there. I can think of so many places I would like to show in my video. If I were there I could use them in the background.

Hair appointment is tomorrow at noon. Then comes the essay work. Video will start on Friday!! Yeah!! I am so happy to have six days to work on the application!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

So, I was curious as to how many on this thread had posted that they were going to R2. This is what I have (as of 4:40 CT on 10/20):

2010_Bride
AnotherPrincess
arbolita
arey89
BigTex71
Canadian Disney Mom
CantWait461308
Colleen27
CraftyHooper
cruisecrasher
dawn8179
DeerIsleDisney
DisneyDiva84
DisneyJeanie
dizkrazkate
Dwheels
EtaHissHiss
fairystepmother
HTHgal12
jbucci
JennaDeeDooDah
jheltz27
Jkpark
jstanton8
Jump4Joy8390
junebugs
kathyk671
Kayleejade
kcpinwdw
kellody1113
kimberwv
kmb584
lawyergirl
LCMeyer
LillyBellesMommy
LisaCM614
LisaTex
lmbraun
LooRooMom
luvsTink
madge
MagicalPix
MckysMini
MDennis28
MeffysMom
mjaclyn
Mom2PrincessesLinSy
momimouse27
Momtomouselover
MousekaReady
Onnie5000
palmbeachguy
palmtreelover
PixieJenna
rabbruzzetti
rissyrynn
royal.kate
skx1122
Snowwhitebelle
Soccer and Swim Mom
stitch'sgirl
su_A_ve
SunshineTK
sweetypie747
tburch
ticofan
TLCdisneyfan
tofubeast
uccats97
WDWNerd
weedles
whositsandwhatsits
WickeeWickee
Winnie23
Winnie1014
wvhokie

I think that's 76. I figure there's probably another 50-75 lurking on here who either won't post at all (that was me in 2012) or maybe they will after R2 is over. Then there's probably at least another 200 that don't visit the DIS that we'll never know about it. I know Gary had said that there were a lot more in this round this year than previous years, so my numbers may be way off. I just wanted to get an idea of how many people posted on here that they were advancing, because if I hadn't counted, it already seemed like well over 100 to me based upon how many replies I saw.

Hi, everyone!

I'm in for R2 with a fastpass as I made it to R3 last year. Congratulations to everyone - whether you made it to R2 or not, you must celebrate your love of Disney and the special place it holds in your life.

I haven't been online much this round as my 83 year-old Mom has been ill and unfortunately passed away on Sunday. This will be an emotional submission for me as she was my best Disney buddy and travelling companion. The funeral isn't until Friday and I doubt I'll be able to do anything until after that - I haven't even had a chance yet to look at the questions. So I may be singing the internet blues late this weekend (but I hope not! :goodvibes)

I have made R2 for 3 years in a row and last year was my first year in R3. I had so much fun and am looking forward to seeing what is on the schedule for R2 and following along with everyone. It is sad to get the "not this year" email, but I am embracing the journey this year, not the destination. Perhaps I'll have a little coaching from my Disney angel Mom :cloud9:

It's always wonderful being part of the group and cheering for such amazing Disney fans and friends. Wishing you all much pixie dust pixiedust: and of course big hugs :grouphug:

Laura

Hi, everyone! I'm in for R2 with a fastpass as I made it to R3 last year. Congratulations to everyone - whether you made it to R2 or not, you must celebrate your love of Disney and the special place it holds in your life. I haven't been online much this round as my 83 year-old Mom has been ill and unfortunately passed away on Sunday. This will be an emotional submission for me as she was my best Disney buddy and travelling companion. The funeral isn't until Friday and I doubt I'll be able to do anything until after that - I haven't even had a chance yet to look at the questions. So I may be singing the internet blues late this weekend (but I hope not! :goodvibes) I have made R2 for 3 years in a row and last year was my first year in R3. I had so much fun and am looking forward to seeing what is on the schedule for R2 and following along with everyone. It is sad to get the "not this year" email, but I am embracing the journey this year, not the destination. Perhaps I'll have a little coaching from my Disney angel Mom :cloud9: It's always wonderful being part of the group and cheering for such amazing Disney fans and friends. Wishing you all much pixie dust pixiedust: and of course big hugs :grouphug: Laura
Laura, so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. My heart goes out to you in this difficult time. I hope and pray you will find comfort in your wonderful memories to inspire you on this R2 journey. I'm sure she's smiling down on you, proud of your accomplishments and chEARing you on!
Wishing you buckets of pixie dust!!
Maddie

So that I can keep this all straight, you guys are all in Round 2, and you have until when to submit? And what all does that entail? A video, I would gather, but are there also questions?

Don't tell us anything you are not supposed to say, but just curious about the general makeup of what is required. Thanks!

Oh, and good luck to all!

Doug

So that I can keep this all straight, you guys are all in Round 2, and you have until when to submit? And what all does that entail? A video, I would gather, but are there also questions?

Don't tell us anything you are not supposed to say, but just curious about the general makeup of what is required. Thanks!

Oh, and good luck to all!

Doug

I don't have the application in front of me but from memory there are 2 panel questions to be answered, 1 question about yourself, 1 question about restaurant recommendation, 1 question about Disney Parks being special to your family, 1 question about favorite souvenir and a 71 second video about Disney Parks vs other destination vacation.

I think it would be great for those following along to think of how you would answer these questions too but I think its been the norm to not discuss ideas until after the application closes at noon on Monday. I am sure others more familiar with the process can chime in on that.

DCL requires 8 essays, 1 seventy-one second video.
We have six days.
If I use the entire word count, it's just under a thousand words. I wrote on my blog about it.

Laura, so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. My heart goes out to you in this difficult time. I hope and pray you will find comfort in your wonderful memories to inspire you on this R2 journey. I'm sure she's smiling down on you, proud of your accomplishments and chEARing you on!
Wishing you buckets of pixie dust!!
Maddie

Thank you so much, Maddie, for your comforting words! She was indeed my ChEAR Squad and I'm sure she'll be coaching from above :cloud9: Wishing you much pixie dust in your journey too! :cheer2:

Love & hugs to all,

Laura

You can add me to the R2 list :yay:

Now I just need to find the time to complete the questions & the video :eek: because it is my busiest time of year at work AND I leave to WDW in 9 days.

Hi, everyone!

I'm in for R2 with a fastpass as I made it to R3 last year. Congratulations to everyone - whether you made it to R2 or not, you must celebrate your love of Disney and the special place it holds in your life.

I haven't been online much this round as my 83 year-old Mom has been ill and unfortunately passed away on Sunday. This will be an emotional submission for me as she was my best Disney buddy and travelling companion. The funeral isn't until Friday and I doubt I'll be able to do anything until after that - I haven't even had a chance yet to look at the questions. So I may be singing the internet blues late this weekend (but I hope not! :goodvibes)

I have made R2 for 3 years in a row and last year was my first year in R3. I had so much fun and am looking forward to seeing what is on the schedule for R2 and following along with everyone. It is sad to get the "not this year" email, but I am embracing the journey this year, not the destination. Perhaps I'll have a little coaching from my Disney angel Mom :cloud9:

It's always wonderful being part of the group and cheering for such amazing Disney fans and friends. Wishing you all much pixie dust pixiedust: and of course big hugs :grouphug:

Laura

I'm so sorry. :hug: Wishing you the best of luck during this process and hoping you find comfort in those wonderful memories with your Mom.

I've been added to a couple of R2 groups on Twitter & I've picked up a lot of new follows since Friday. I'm sure they're scratching their head at the randomness of my tweets .... LOL

edited to add: I was added to 3 Twitter groups. All with 100+ members. One has over 300.

No clue how the groups work on Twitter.

I am also in a group on Facebook. So .. here, Twitter & FB. I'm sure there's a ton of overlap in the names.

I'm not part of any Twitter or Facebook groups, but I'm assuming there must be some overlap in the names.

I've updated the recent posters and this what I show on here (as of 9:20 a.m. CT on 10/22/14):

2010_Bride
alc571
AnotherPrincess
arbolita
arey89
BigTex71
Canadian Disney Mom
CantWait461308
Colleen27
CraftyHooper
cruisecrasher
dawn8179
DeerIsleDisney
DisneyDiva84
DisneyFans222
DisneyJeanie
dizkrazkate
Dwheels
elevenisnow
EtaHissHiss
fairystepmother
HTHgal12
jbucci
JennaDeeDooDah
jheltz27
Jkpark
jretzlaff22
jstanton8
Jump4Joy8390
junebugs
kathyk671
Kayleejade
kcpinwdw
kellody1113
kimberwv
kmb584
lawyergirl
LCMeyer
LillyBellesMommy
LisaCM614
LisaTex
lmbraun
LooRooMom
luvsTink
madge
MagicalPix
MckysMini
MDennis28
MeffysMom
mjaclyn
Mom2PrincessesLinSy
momimouse27
Momtomouselover
MousekaReady
Onnie5000
palmbeachguy
palmtreelover
PixieJenna
rabbruzzetti
rissyrynn
royal.kate
Skampigirl
skx1122
Snowwhitebelle
Soccer and Swim Mom
SparklingBlonde
stitch'sgirl
su_A_ve
SunshineTK
sweetypie747
tburch
ticofan
TinkerBelle_325
TLCdisneyfan
tofubeast
uccats97
WDWNerd
weedles
whositsandwhatsits
WickeeWickee
Winnie23
Winnie1014
wvhokie

I think that's about 83. My best guess is that there are probably somewhere between 350-500 in this round.

So... I've made a good dent in my essay questions. I still have a lot of fine-tuning and editing to do, but for the most part, I've got something written down for each question. I'm REALLY going to have to pare down some of them due to the word limit. The only one, believe it or not, that really has me scratching my head is the restaurant question. I think they're throwing me with the word "nice".

So... I've made a good dent in my essay questions. I still have a lot of fine-tuning and editing to do, but for the most part, I've got something written down for each question. I'm REALLY going to have to pare down some of them due to the word limit. The only one, believe it or not, that really has me scratching my head is the restaurant question. I think they're throwing me with the word "nice".

I'm really struggling with the word count, too. There is so much more I want to say and I just don't have enough words left. :worried:

Oh well. I can only do what I can do. Might as well not worry about it.

I officially hit the submit button this morning! And then proceeded to re-think every single answer and if i actually uploaded my video! :confused: I had double checked every single question so many times I had forgotten to check to see if my video was still there when I submitted. Thankfully i distinctly remember watching it load.

My DH was up until midnight with me because our little disney fan chose last night to stay up past bedtime :confused3 But I really wanted to get it done quickly. I felt the more attempts I made at the recording and the more I read over my answers the less I seemed like me.

So it's official, I hit submit. Now all there is left to do is wait! :earsboy:

Best wishes to everyone and a ton of pixie dust too! Remember to not stress, we are so fortunate to have made it this far, enjoy it!

I officially hit the submit button this morning! And then proceeded to re-think every single answer and if i actually uploaded my video! :confused: I had double checked every single question so many times I had forgotten to check to see if my video was still there when I submitted. Thankfully i distinctly remember watching it load.

My DH was up until midnight with me because our little disney fan chose last night to stay up past bedtime :confused3 But I really wanted to get it done quickly. I felt the more attempts I made at the recording and the more I read over my answers the less I seemed like me.

Best wishes to everyone and a ton of pixie dust too! Remember to not stress, we are so fortunate to have made it this far, enjoy it!

Congratulations! It must be nice to get it off your plate. I wanted to record my video this morning and come into work late (DH was actually home this morning and the kids would have been at school), but then I felt guilty that I'd have to leave early for a dentist appointment tomorrow, so I just said that we'll do it Saturday morning. I think mornings work better for me because I'm more focused/alert. Did you memorize what you said in the video or did you read from a script (trying to look natural, of course!)? When I did it a couple of years ago, I read, but tried to look natural. In most of the videos I've seen posted over the years, it looks like people are reading (even though some pull it off better than others).

I'm making some headway on my questions. I think there are only two that I need to get rid of around 30-40 words and one that I need to eliminate just a few words. Thank goodness for slow days at work these past couple of days!

Add me to the R2 list, please!

I submitted my essays and video last night. I too didn't want to over think it or start to sound too scripted.

For my video, I did not read off of anything. I had a note card near the camera that I had bullet point highlights on, and referenced it once... otherwise, I was just myself and talked like I was talking to a friend.

Best wishes everyone!!

Add me to the R2 list, please!

I submitted my essays and video last night. I too didn't want to over think it or start to sound too scripted.

For my video, I did not read off of anything. I had a note card near the camera that I had bullet point highlights on, and referenced it once... otherwise, I was just myself and talked like I was talking to a friend.

Best wishes everyone!!

I submitted my application around 11:00 CST today, so I'm left waiting, as well. Let me ask this. Does anyone else have a sort of ritual-type thing that they do when applying? I'm probably the only oddball that does this sort of thing on here, but I thought I'd ask. I always have to have a drink in my Wilderness Lodge mug, I have to have on a Disney shirt, I freshen up my Laila perfume, I light my candle that smells like Soarin', and I put on the music from Main Street Electrical Parade. Then, I sit down to answer the questions. Anyone else have something that they always do when they are applying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter