Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Wow just found this thread! I applied on a whim last year, but of course did not get far. I have a friend that was on the panel before and encouraged me to go for it. Very excited to try again. I have no real expectations but just taking the journey to see where it leads. Best of luck to all!

I'm wondering if it's advantageous to select a specialty other than WDW if one can. I could select either WDW or DVC, for example. In other words, if you have the background to specialize in one of the "smaller" areas, should you?

Any thoughts from those who have been through the process in the past?

I'm sure the answer is somewhere along the lines of "follow your passion," but I am asking anyway! :rotfl:

Thank you in advance!

This is how I think of it:

They will choose more WDW members than specialty ... but more WDW members will apply/qualify than specialty.

They will choose less (maybe only 1) specialty members ... but less will qualify/apply than WDW.

So if you choose the specialty, you really have to be the absolute best of the best, #1, no one is better qualified in all areas including that "x" factor which is undefined.

If you choose WDW, you have to still be the best of the best ... but not the absolute #1 because they will take 10+ ... so you need to be the top 10. (I'm just making up this number.)

So go with whichever one you can truly shine the most.

Personally, I think the DVC specialty is actually quite popular ... maybe the most popular after general WDW...

Either way, best of luck.pixiedust:

The party starts today!!:cool1:

Thank you, Marshay! That is quite helpful and I appreciate your detailed response.

It's a tough call. I'm currently reading all of the archived DVC questions and answers on the Moms Panel site. I think that will help me know what to do! :)

If only they had an English-speaking guests in Tokyo Disney Resort specialty (although I did use my DVC points for that!). Talk about a niche market! :lmao:

I'm not seeing where they've opened up the search yet? Am I missing it?

... and here we go!

OK everyone - what about the Elsa question? Are you just putting a number or some other type of answer since there is room for 100 words?!

I would avoid using abbreviations, since panelists are discouraged from using them in their responses. Fortunately in the past responses have been limited by word count rather than character count, so writing Magic Kingdom only adds one word to your total over using MK. Hope that's helpful and good luck!

This is a big help. Thanks!

Hi all! Does anyone have confirmation of how the trip is counted for tax purposes? Curious, on the off chance I make it to a level that requires more work ;)

I love Gary's twitter post reiterating "just for fun." I definitely needed to see that after sitting here thinking about frozen fractals a bit too long.

I noticed on the rules that family is not allowed to come to the training sessions. Can anyone comment as to whether that has been standard before?

I love this thread, without you guys I'd probably miss the application window completely! Not that I ever get anywhere but you never know... maybe this is the year.

I managed to hold myself back from overthinking (I think... ;) ) and had a little fun with the Elsa question. Since "frozen fractals" is fun to say I answered with a couple of alliterative sentences full of "f" sounds/words. Either they'll think it is cute or wonder what's wrong with me, but either way it should make an impression.

I hate trying to pick a photo of myself, though! I'm the family photographer so there are a limited number of shots I'm in and they never seem to be good ones...

I love this thread, without you guys I'd probably miss the application window completely! Not that I ever get anywhere but you never know... maybe this is the year.

I managed to hold myself back from overthinking (I think... ;) ) and had a little fun with the Elsa question. Since "frozen fractals" is fun to say I answered with a couple of alliterative sentences full of "f" sounds/words. Either they'll think it is cute or wonder what's wrong with me, but either way it should make an impression.

I hate trying to pick a photo of myself, though! I'm the family photographer so there are a limited number of shots I'm in and they never seem to be good ones...

Did you use a picture of your entire family? I have a few that are fun but more that are of just me and the kids that DH took and a lot of just me and DD but I figure go with the whole family?

I just submitted my application!

I was unsure how to answer the Elsa question but had a little fun with it and hope that they get my quirky sense of humor.

As for the Disney side picture, it was hard to choose from just one. I also had trouble finding one of the whole family that I liked and wasn't a Memory Maker picture. Oh well, it's sent off to the Disney gods now and I have no control over it.

Good luck everybody!

Uh oh do they want a pic of us at disney? I haven't started my app yet..will do tonight.....I have so few pics of me at the parks...

I used a Memory Maker shot. There are only three of us in my family, and we don't get pictures of all of us at WDW except by using the PhotoPass Photographers. I figure that it at least shows that we use the services that Disney offers! But it was either use that, or one of just me and either hubby or DD, and they asked for a family pic.

I can't see any reason that would be unacceptable, but if it is, oh well. I did my best! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter