Disney News Round Up

I am glad something is coming to this area but I wish it was something disney not Marriott. If it gets built I probably still won't ever stay there so it doesn't affect me directly. New development always has positives.

I think the purpose of the entire area is that Disney owns the land but everything built on it will be non-Disney.

Donald and Daisy will begin a new meet and greet at Disney's Animal Kingdom tomorrow, May 11 2014.

Replacing the Winnie the Pooh and Tigger meet and greet that ends today, you will be able to meet Donald and Daisy at the Character Landing on Discovery Island.

Initially, only a standby line will be available, with no FastPass+ being offered.

Well I doubt it would look cheap and would give people the option of being on property without breaking the bank. Disney isn't going to allow it to look like crap.

I guess that depends on your definition of "cheap crap"

A tgi Fridays Is crap even if it has platinum toilets...my take

I guess that depends on your definition of "cheap crap"

A tgi Fridays Is crap even if it has platinum toilets...my take

Very true, but Disney isn't TGI Fridays....thankfully. They wont let any company come in and build and do as they please. These companies will have to follow strict rules set by Disney.

Very true, but Disney isn't TGI Fridays....thankfully. They wont let any company come in and build and do as they please. These companies will have to follow strict rules set by Disney.

I'm not convinced of that.

I think it's cheap, employeeless revenue...the concept drawings were basically an "upscale" strip mall development...like I have around me.

They're nice and all... Everyone loves McCormick and schmicks and the Cheesecake Factory...
But they're still 80's esque retail...with a fountain or two and some architectural facades.

I'm not entirely sure that's not what they're doing at downtown either... Very skeptical after their gross mismanagement there for a decade +

And the fact there's still no details should scare the bejesus out of all of us.
I know, I know..."distinct, unique lands with one of a kind guest experiences"

The rapunzel bathroom is a unique experience...but it's still had urinals in it...just saying.

An apple store is still just a place to sell the same 5 products you can get at Target.

I think it's cheap, employeeless revenue...the concept drawings were basically an "upscale" strip mall development...like I have around me.

They're nice and all... Everyone loves McCormick and schmicks and the Cheesecake Factory...
But they're still 80's esque retail...with a fountain or two and some architectural facades.

I'm not entirely sure that's not what they're doing at downtown either... Very skeptical after their gross mismanagement there for a decade +

And the fact there's still no details should scare the bejesus out of all of us.

The rapunzel bathroom is a unique experience...but it's still had urinals in it...just saying.

While true that the design seems cheap...think about the people who will love this. I mean you think the design is tacky but to be honest it looks pretty decent for basic hotels and stores. At this time we only know of two hotels and a Walgreens that are confirmed for the area. I doubt this about to break ground again soon. Still many people would love to be able to not leave property and get the items they need. I mean we just have to wait and see.

An apple store is still just a place to sell the same 5 products you can get at Target.

We mainly have to wait and see what it will look like. It hasn't even started construction at this point. To be honest though many people would love to stay in a themed area ON Disney property. The consumer can also pay less to stay on property. I see where you coming from but lets wait and see what happens first.

This is NOT a rumor about something for Epcot. Forget the rumors for a second and check this out. Jerry Rees AKA the man who created Mystic Manor has officially posted on his page that he is working on a Next Gen Interactive ride for Epcot. Set to open late 2015 early 2016. Here is the quote:

"Mystery Attraction" / EPCOT
Next-gen larger-than-life interactive spectacle.
Premiere planned for late 2015 or early 2016."

From the horses mouth folks and I doubt this is Sorian.

France rumors. Ok so I saw something posted in another thread but this was a tweet I saw and thought I post it here.

@HateToFly "Listen you can hear rumbles of bulldozers, earth, and traps? #rumor #disney"

France rumors. Ok so I saw something posted in another thread but this was a tweet I saw and thought I post it here.

@HateToFly "Listen you can hear rumbles of bulldozers, earth, and traps? #rumor #disney"

Very hard to hide significant construction down there...
It would be out there almost instantly

This is NOT a rumor about something for Epcot. Forget the rumors for a second and check this out. Jerry Rees AKA the man who created Mystic Manor has officially posted on his page that he is working on a Next Gen Interactive ride for Epcot. Set to open late 2015 early 2016. Here is the quote: "Mystery Attraction" / EPCOT Next-gen larger-than-life interactive spectacle. Premiere planned for late 2015 or early 2016." From the horses mouth folks and I doubt this is Sorian.
Last year he said this on a podcast he was interview on bunch of threads were started when that happened most died now it was brought back out again. If it's set for 2015-16 I would think they would have had to start or be starting soon on this project depending on what it is.

France rumors. Ok so I saw something posted in another thread but this was a tweet I saw and thought I post it here. @HateToFly "Listen you can hear rumbles of bulldozers, earth, and traps? #rumor #disney"
This is what sparked all of the ratatouille ride coming to France pavilion talk that was started in another thread.

With Flamingo Crossing, Disney will own and manage it, that's it. Unless they brand it as "Disney's Flamingo Crossing" I doubt most people will even be aware they are on Disney property. I don't think you'll see them "mix in" the Disney brand. So unless you think this land was originally earmarked for a 5th gate, I really don't see how it would affect the Disney experience.

You're probably right about Disney Springs, though.

Very hard to hide significant construction down there...
It would be out there almost instantly

I doubt the tweet was stating that something was happening right at this moment. I believe it was more of a teaser that something is going to happen in the future. Sadly I am torn on the issue. While new rides seem nice, do we have to add Disney movies to World Showcase?

I doubt the tweet was stating that something was happening right at this moment. I believe it was more of a teaser that something is going to happen in the future. Sadly I am torn on the issue. While new rides seem nice, do we have to add Disney movies to World Showcase?
While I agree with you ratatouille fits with the French theme. I also think WS is in desperate need of a new attraction, WS hasn't seen one in a very long time.

While I agree with you ratatouille fits with the French theme. I also think WS is in desperate need of a new attraction, WS hasn't seen one in a very long time.

So true which is why I remain so torn on the issue. I know that new and ground breaking rides are good.....mind you I didn't say ANYTHING new. I know now that someone released concept art of when Brazil was being considered for World Showcase lagoon. I remember the rumors but have you seen the concept art? I haven't been able to find it?

So true which is why I remain so torn on the issue. I know that new and ground breaking rides are good.....mind you I didn't say ANYTHING new. I know now that someone released concept art of when Brazil was being considered for World Showcase lagoon. I remember the rumors but have you seen the concept art? I haven't been able to find it?
I actually saw it recently on a thread on WDWmagic.com probably the Epcot ones but I don't know if I would like Brazil of it was built that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter